Mecha-Streisand

Episode Reviews (22)

Great

No wonder I don't like Barbara Streisand

By JPPT1974, Jan 25, 2011

Great show again and no wonder I loved the show

In its early heyday and how it put Comedy Central

On the map. No wonder I don't like Barbara Streisand as

She is made fun of big time as they the town residents have to stop her from trying to destroy South Park!

Very funny show indeed!

If there was a giant poster of Barbra Streisand replacing the Shanghai World Financial Center, people would think that she's attacking us. Actually, at least Shanghai. I'm an American, though. You get the point.. do you? Warning: Contains spoilers.

By joeyissoweird, Jan 25, 2011

This episode wasn't the best idea for an episode of South Park. I don't really hate Barbra Streisand and care about her, but the creators of South Park actually do. Anyways, this episode was a sign of their hatred for her, and I thought it was a bad way to do so. The Cure? I mean, what got them to do that? Well, I know Matt Stone or Trey Parker liked him, but still.. that's just random stuff in this episode.

Well, Barbra Streisand finds the remaining triangle piece that she needed to get stronger and become Mega-Streisand. The boys are in desperate need to find someone to stop her.

This episode was okay, but not really the best episode in the world. I like the idea a little of Mega-Streisand, though. Barbra Streisand does seem like a total mean person in this episode.moreless

good

By futuramarama, Jan 15, 2011

The boys try to stop Barbra Streisand after she becomes a monster called Mecha-Streisand and threatens to destroy all of South Park. Will they be able to come up with a way to beat her? Or is the town of South Park going to be destroyed once and for all?

It was alright. started out slow but after the first act I got more and more into it. It isn't a great episode but it is a pretty decent episode I guess. My final grade for this episode would be in the "C" range, it was pretty average of an episode, I thought so at least.moreless

Loved every minute

By ozziefan, Jan 08, 2011

I don't like anything about Barbera Streisand, so thats probably why I love this episode so much.

I loved the point where people were turning into things to fight Streisand like Sidney Poitier and Chef made some remark about just how ridiculous this situation was.

It was just ridiculous, but it was all in good fun at the same time. You can tell Matt and Trey don't mind treading on celebrities feet, they just do it to make something incredibly entertaining.

Even though this makes no sense whatsoever its still loads of fun!!!moreless

My all time-favourite episode of South Park.

By AquafireGal, Jan 08, 2011

I adore this episode so much. It is absolutely hilarious and has many celebrities featured in the storyline (even though they are voiced by other people). I am a great fan of the Godzilla films and this episode obviously tries to spoof them as well as including spoofs of other Japanese monsters like Mothra.

I love everything about this episode apart from Kenny's death, it was poor and you could tell the writers didn't think of a cleverly plotted one. Probably because they had to think more about the main plot which anybody can understand and forgive them for. Mecha-Streisand's roar sounds a lot like the official Godzilla roar which I think is good.

Overall, I think this episode is the best episode of South Park ever and is definately worth watching.moreless

Maybe the worst episode ever.

By markagerholm, Jan 08, 2011

Despite my love for cheesy Japanese kaiju films, “Mecha-Streisand” falls pretty flat for me. Though the situations are themselves absurd even by South Park standards, they are backed by the weakest script in the season—maybe even the series. All of the jokes are pop culture references, which are funny in presentation, but are too randomly used (Sidney Poitier turns into Gamera, Leonard Maltin is sent to fight Barbara Streisand, etc). The episode is far too silly, the plot is a huge incoherent mess, and the laughs are almost non-existent (except for that singing Japanese guy). And the ending, where everyone screams in unison, “MECHA-IKE!!!” is just embarrassing.moreless

So Barbra Streisand is a maniacal b*tch who is bent on taking over the world, I think we all knew that...

By s1bbald, Jan 08, 2011

I think this Season 1 episode is middle of the pack. It wasn't so much the lines that made me laugh, but the storyline. What better way to show pure hatred for Barbra Streisand then by turning her into a huge dinosaur like, hell-bent maniacal b*tch whose only fan turns out to be the b*tch of the town, too. I just had to laugh. The best bits were of course Cartman roshamboing everyone, but then getting roshamboed himself and of course the lengths he would go to to get his triangle back. You kinda feel sorry for Barbra Streisand, but then you remember, it's Barbra Streisand!moreless

A series classic...

By Skyancez, Jan 08, 2011

This episode, had a good plot and had funny moments and quotes added to it. This was another great episode from trey & Matt.

Humour: Perfect: Adorably, this episode had all the jokes funny. When someone tried a attend to be funny. It always work.

The plot, once again amuses me. Espacially this time, since they added humour to a clever plot-wise episode.

The fight scenes are amazing. This makes the fighting scene in "Damien" fell like it never existed. The fights in this episode are amazing that it adds drama and comedy at the same time.

This episode is good for everyone. if your in a bad, good mood. You can still watch this episode with many laughts and enjoy the plot of the episode.moreless

Eh...

By nineone14peace, Jan 08, 2011

Let me start out by saying I HATE Barbara Streisand, believe you me... and while I enjoyed the poking fun at her, the episode overall didn't do it for me. This episode focused on Cartman and Kyle finding a triangle (that has special powers) while on a field trip and the triangle is needed by Babs to complete her other triangle and become the unstoppable "Mecha-Streisand". For me, the story was dumb, Robert Smith as a guest didn't "do it" for me, and the ending was kinda lame. A couple things I did like were the "Bar-bu-ra" song at the end, the fact that they made her nose outrageously HUGE, and the fighting between Cartman and Kyle for the triangle at the beginning. Other than that, it seems this episode was more "filler" than anything.moreless

Load More Reviews