Pandemic 2 - The Startling

Episode Reviews (12)

Great

startlingly fun

By oceanic6, Dec 10, 2011

doneA show of supreme quality, very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very (apologies, the former review has been moved to a new home, soon you will all be given the key) very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very enjoyable. A must-see.moreless

good

By futuramarama, Jul 30, 2011

What I liked: Craig continuously showing his disdain of being on this adventure with Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman, Stan saying Craig is being a dick, and then Craig recounts all the stuff that has been going on, South Park being attacked by guinea pigs, including guinea rabbits, guinea bees, amongst other things.

Good episode. I don't hate it as much as most people do, but it's still far from a great episode. It has some good laughs and an OK plot, but the execution is mostly crap. So my final grade is going to be in the "C" range, I think is fairmoreless

Well It isn't perfect, or that good, but it was funny and that's what counts.

By SobeThomas, May 08, 2010

After seeing the first few episodes of this half of the season I didn't have high hopes with this episode. it seems that two episodes back they were going back to the way they did things in the first two seasons, and in the last episode they went with a parody and a outlook on the series itself which I thought was funny but predictable as many shows that go this long evenually have at least one episode that questions the logic or the way things usually play out.

this episode did meet what I expected, I was laughing at the "twist" in the last episode more than anything else in the last few episodes and this one poured on so much it was starting to feel milked epsecally at this episodes end joke which I feel fell flat.

still I did laugh for a while with the first half of this episode, and I thought the parodies of Cloverfield and touching a few others like REC were pretty cool.

although if they keep episodes at this level the series will evenually fall and be canceled I doubt south park will go lower than this as even episodes like this one end up being greatly entertaining for at least the first watch.

hopefully Trey and Matt will make some really hilarious stuff in the future episodes but I wouldn't mind if the rest of the season was Mediocre because they already got so good having one or two "off" seasons isn't going to hurt them.moreless

stupid

By Yianni96, May 08, 2010

The episode opens with a monologue by Craig, explaining what had happened in the previous episode. Craig ends his monologue when he is shown writing in a notebook after landing in a supposed rendezvous point with two pilots, and the other four boys.

The screen then phases to Colorado with Randy, Sharon and Shelly hiding from the guinea pigs in their home, with Randy still videotaping the events.

Guinea pigs are shown to be attacking all around the world. A guinea pig then crashes through the wall, and the Marsh family seek refuge in a damaged bus.

Meanwhile the pilot and co-pilot along with the five boys, figuring out their "meet at Peru" plan doesn't make any sense, decide to walk through the jungle since their plane has run out of fuel. They soon discover a giant area, filled with giant fruit and honeycombs. The two pilots are killed by Baby Guinea pig bee larva; the boys then flee.

The focus shifts back to the Marsh family now seeking refugee on a Best Buy rooftop along with others when a new type of guinea pigs dubbed "guinea bees" (the live action guinea pigs wearing bee costumes; all the guinea creatures are likewise guinea pigs wearing various costumes) get to the roof, causing the people to flee into the supermarket itself. Randy begins to frantically film around the group. Suddenly the market is attacked by "guinea rabbits" and a "guinea mouse". They then flee into a storeroom.

The episode returns to Craig and the boys, as they find a temple in the jungle. Inside, they find drawings depicting a prophecy and detailing all the events that have occurred within the previous episode. They discover from this that the Peruvian flute bands were essential to keeping the guinea pigs within the jungle. Yet one day it was told that the flute bands would be captured and the guinea pigs would be free. Finally, it shows a picture of Craig repelling a guinea pig.moreless

dumb as hell.

By celticsfan888, May 08, 2010

really bad. even worse than part one. seriously if they are doing this they're running out of good ideas. lets throw together a sucky episode about peru, giant guinea pigs, and pan flute bands, and lets make it some government conspiracy and lets have randy scream into a camera to be funny. that is what the writers were thinking when they made this atrocity. really south park get your head out of your butt for lack of better words and get to making quality episode that have seemed to be devoid of this season with maybe one or two exceptions.moreless

not any good.

By BruceDeorum, Nov 02, 2008

Mediocre episode, lack of innovations or inspiration. I am one of those ppl that usually like what others call mediocre.... but this one is trully mediocre. Actually the last trilogy (imaginationland) was also not that great, but this one, pfff.

The first sequel was somewhat better than this, but this one has a huge (and i mean huge) stall. Bad guys, huge plots with USA army leaders, i never really liked South Park's hollywood type episodes. And something last but not least, how am i supposed to fill 100 words in order to write this review? You tell me, HOW?moreless

As giant guinea pigs attac cities all over the world, the boys and Craig are stuck in deep Peru, where Craig unknowingly holds the key to stopping the terror. Sorry to say, one of the weakest 'South Park's I've seen in a long time...

By Jay-Spacedust, Oct 31, 2008

Oh dear. Where to start...

I know this one really splits the vote, but this is one of my least favourite episodes for a long time. I wasn't looking forward to it after part one, but at least hoped that things would pick up in part two. Sadly, it was as bad as I had feared.

Straight away I will point out one problem with this episode, in that it is very much a 'Cloverfield' parody, and I haven't actually seen that movie (yet). Unlike some other 'South Park' parodies, it seems to revolve quite a lot on seeing that movie – and that's one problem; ordinarily, they'd at least throw some jokes in that everyone would get.

And as others have commented, why 'Cloverfield'; why now? It's not exactly a recent movie, and there is plenty of other stuff happening in the world right now (economical situations, for one) that surely would have been much more ripe for the picking than this weak effort.

As I hope my past reviews will reflect, I try to find good in even the weakest 'South Park' (heck, I even liked stuff such as 'Britney's New Look'!), but I'm sad to say that I found this story very uninteresting and dragged out.

The whole story could have just as well been done in an average single episode – I have no idea why they thought it would be a good idea to stretch it out into a two-parter, other than maybe the expense of the graphics, and mixing in live-action guinea pigs (which, by the by, got very old very quickly).

Where were the gags? Things like Randy filming everything got old after about thirty seconds, and even things that had potential to be funny, such as Craig stopping the threat, whether he intended to or not, just felt unusually flat and rather dull to me. The ending felt very rushed (though that's not a bad thing as it got it over and done with), and I just didn't get much out of the episode at all.

The whole episode is VERY repetitive, and please don't say there's going to be a sequel (as hinted at, at the end). I think this may well be my least favourite of all of 'South Park's multi-parters. Although some of the past efforts have been quite good, as I said in my review for part one, I generally find that single, self-contained episodes work much better, and look forward to returning to them next week.

Like I say, I usually find good in even the weakest 'South Park's, but this is, in my opinion, one of the weakest for a long time.moreless

Good Episode!!

By TvPatriik, Oct 30, 2008

This episode was funny, but i think it was kind of stupid with the Guinea Pigs, but thats what makes South Park funny... It was how Randy was filming everything, which was irritating evryone around him(It reminded me of that Film Qurantine....)

When the boys got to Peru Stan explains that this whole "meet at Peru" plan doesn't make sense, and the pilots agree.. Than they walk throu a jungle with huge things, and when they go to the honey combs, but quickly run away from the area, when the pilots are attacked by 'bees' and are killed. Than they just go somwhere and Craig keeps remarking them... After that he decides that es no longer following them so he cant get into trouble, and the boys follow him.. When they get to scene and the Homeland Security head orders the guards that came with him to shoot at the boys, claiming that they too are Peruvian flute bands and must be stopped. Stan then explains that they are not a Peruvian flute band, and tell that Craig and the bands are the only forces which could stop the guinea pigs.. So Craid does nothing and acually he stops the villan bby shooting laser from he eyes.. At the end it was really funny how Randy Finished his filming and realised that he never put any tape in..lolmoreless

Good old south park

By keironuk, Oct 30, 2008

I thought this episode was the most funny one so far this half of the season you gotta love the ginni bee and thr ginni pirate lol but my only complaint with the episode was you didnt see much of the boys which was kinda annoying as every time they was on screen they just didnt do anything i would of liked to have seen butters in the mix as i thought it would of made for a much better episode but it was still a really good episode one to be watched over and over again so 10 out of 10 from me.moreless

Load More Reviews