Summer Sucks

Episode Reviews (15)

Great

A typical season 2 episode.

By Skyancez, Mar 16, 2011

This was another season 2 episode that marks the average zone.

This episode had a clever plot, but adding Jimbo to the fray was the worst idea they ahad. Jimbo is a horrible character, they shouldn't put him in the plot.

Now, the humour was "decent". It had very few moments and quotes, but still lacked in the laughter zone.

This episode also gave us something new... South Park in summer. Which you will never see again and its nice to see a change in the background.

However, even if this episode has many flaws. Its still a episode that you could re-watch many times.moreless

perfect

By futuramarama, Jan 16, 2011

There is a new ban on fireworks, just in time for summer. This makes everyone sad and angry. The mayor orders a big snake, but the snake gets bigger and bigger and threatens all of South Park.

Good episode, the flashback to little Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman playing with fireworks is one of my favorite moments; it's so funny! And the episode as a whole was pretty funny with a good plot. Not one of my favorite episodes ever but it was a nice one, so because of all of this, my final grade for this episode is an A+. Great episode I thinkmoreless

The snake was just too big....

By crzza, Jul 06, 2008

"Summer Sucks" was an episode of the great series on Comedy Central, South Park. It all starts out with the kids in class at the end of the last day of school. Mr.Hat went missing, and Garrison thinks the kids took it. He holds them after the bell rings and then turns around, expecting for the kids to put Mr.Hat there by the time he turns back around. Then school's out, but firecrackers are banned. Summer is boring. Then the mayor thinks of the idea for a giant snake for the 4th of July celebration. It gets big and attacks the city. It was a good episode.moreless

Hell, everything's legal in Mexico. It's the American way.

By Iamoldgregg2, Jul 16, 2007

At least summer sucks without fireworks (except snakes), which the boys have played with since they were just wee lads. But, the Mayor solves that dilemma by commissioning the largest snake in the world. Meanwhile, Cartman takes swimming lessons with first graders who pee in the pool, Uncle Jimbo travels to Mexico to buy illegal fireworks, and Mr. Garrison loses Mr. Hat and must come to terms with his sexuality. First-graders peeing in the pool: great. Mr. Garrison not accepting that he's gay great. The flashback to the boys as toddlers: priceless. The little man in the boat: better than priceless. The snake "A" plot: lame.moreless

No other show has done a storyline with a giant snake..

By s1bbald, May 15, 2007

This episode was not my favourite in Season 2. The storyline was weaker than other episode and it did not have as many funny quotes. This episode saw the birth of Mr Twig and Cartman's now infamous line, "Screw you guys, I'm going home." The episode was about the 4th of July, which as an Australian, I have no connection to, The episode was also about how much the boys hated summer, which I don't get as well. The episode was lacking something but I'm not quite sure what. So far the standard of Season 2 is lower than Season 1.moreless

My country tis of thee

By markagerholm, Apr 20, 2007

This episode is all over the place in terms of subplots, but it really belongs to the mayor and Jimbo. It’s a very unpopular episode, and I can see why (no real main character, muddled unrelated stories). But still, it was very funny throughout, especially when Mr. Mackey prank called Mr. Garrison.

I love snakes, they grow and grow.

By Darth-Revan45, Jan 20, 2007

In this episode Fire Crackers are outlawed because some idiot blew their hands off, so the kids have nothing to do during the summer. Also Mr Garrison loses Mr Hat and South Park has the worlds biggest Snake [a kind of fire cracker] but it is too big and will not dis-ignite. A funny episode.

One of the first of the Mr. Garrison mythology.

By henrynhenry, Dec 06, 2006

In 10 seasons, Mr. Garrison has been through a lot. One of his first big moments was losing Mr. Hat. From there, he eventually came out of the closet, found Mr. Slave, had a sex change...

Other than this one single story element, the episode doesn't do much for the series. There are a lot of good jokes here (including an appearance with Comedy Central forerunner Dr. Katz), but many of them are throwaways. This episode introduces the South Park elementary band teacher, a character that I would have liked to see a little more of.

This episode is worth watching, but doesn't live up to later episodes.moreless

After a fireworks ban, the town of South Park make the biggest snake ever.

By hsimpson44, Dec 02, 2006

There is a fireworks ban, but Jimbo and Ned go to Mexico to get fireworks. The boys aren't having any fun with the crappy small fireworks. Cartman then takes up swimming, but refuses to go into the deep end because the little kids keep peeing. The mayor decides to make the biggest snake ever made. After they do, it starts destroying the town, of course. A fairly good episode, but not one of my favorites.

Load More Reviews