Woodland Critter Christmas

Episode Reviews (24)

Superb

Black Christmas

By sh811a, Sep 25, 2014

This is not just one of my favorate episodes of South Park but one of my favorate Christmas specials in general. I've seen a lot of really twisted Christmas horror films like "Black Christmas and "Silent Night Deadly Night, this special I put as part of that line up.

For those that didn't see this special don't read this. I really how this film sets you up, at first it seems like just another harmless Christmas romp as we see some innocent mystical animals need the help of Stan and the others to protect their child from a mountain lion that comes and destroys it. It's an obvious echo to the Naitivity story as we assume this child will be the savor. Of course the good natured person Stan is he decides to help them and trick the lion into leaping off a cliff.

Then of course the whole special pulls a complete 180 on us, when we discover these mystical animals are satanic worshipers and we see them engage in a blood orgy as well as put up their decorations of evil. It was both blackly funny and a bit shocking because it really blew your assumptions away due to act of innocence these animals were putting on; probably should've asked what religon they were affliated with.

And of course afterward everything is just crazy from there on. The highlight for me was near the last half when we then see Santa come in and then just go all Rambo on the woodland critters which just made me laugh my head off, it was comic gold.

So happy holidays everyone.moreless

perfect

By futuramarama, Jun 18, 2011

I knew of this episode's infamy before watching. A lot of people said how strange and disturbing this episode was, and so I was weary going into it. But I ended up liking it a lot. It didn't have a whole lot of laughs from me, Cartman and the ending were funny, and I guess the idea of evil woodland critters is funny in itself. Such a strange episode. A lot of episodes from South Park are strange but this is probably the strangest. It's still a really good episode though, one all fans should see. A+ episode. Perfect. See itmoreless

Definately my favourite episode yet.

By samsara2k1, Nov 09, 2010

My favourite bits would have to be Santa blowing the critters heads off with a shotgun. The mountain lion cubs giving abortions and sacraficing Rabity. Who would have thought that such cute critters could worship Satan. It also shows how crazy the imagionation of Cartman is and shows just how bad his realationship with Kyle is. One small bad point, where's Kenny

Oceanic6 - y thought this was terrific

By oceanic6, Dec 22, 2008

It's Christmas in South Park and Stan helps some adorable woodland critters build a manger for a virgin mother who is pregnant with their leader, little does he know that they're psychotic satanists who used Stanley so it's his (very reluctant) duty to save Christmas and the world.

After watching, all is could say was Wow, i've never been so disgusted yet amused in half an hour ever. This starts out as the cheesy snuff Christmas specials we've come to know and hate and totally flips it on its head.

The writing is just magic; a constant barrage of jokes that makes every Christmas cliche bearable, from the names of the critters to the pushy narrator who forces Stan to be the hero of the story.

Woodland Critters Christmas is also recommended to someone who has a thicker skin when it comes to comedy; not only does this episode put - down Jews, AIDS, abortions and animal cruelty in one blow of hatred but the gruesome depicitons of bodies being torn apart and unborn babies being extracted are either going to appeal to you or not, for me and i'm sure most people it was the former.

Once again, the animation is great and one must appreciate the effort to animate animals moving seperately but realistically. Although the improved animation is a blessing and a curse when it comes to the gross sequences where the stop motion would've been preferred.

As this episode relies heavily on technology to alter the sounds of the voices, it's difficult to commend the individual voice actors but Trey Parker whose distinct vocals are heard on the narrator is by - far the MVP of this episode.

Woodland Critters Christmas is the perfect Christmas present for any South Park fans and is proof that the show doesn't need a talking crap to have a great Christmas episode.moreless

The best episode of Season 8!

By EricCartman86, Aug 12, 2008

Woodland Critter Christmas is the best Christmas episode of South Park and maybe the best south park episode period. Stan kills a lion that kills satan when he is born but Stan didn't know that and now the Satanic Critters can give birth to their lord. But Santa comes along to save the day...with a shotgun! There is a twist at the ending also. This sadly was the last Christmas special we got. Overall, Woodland Critter Christmas shows South park at it's best, Satanic Animals, Blood Orgys, and Abortions. Hopefully Trey and Matt will give us another Christmas episode soon. I give this one a 10/10.moreless

Who'd expect those critters to be devil worshippers?

By candycane_24, Jun 28, 2008

I absolutely love this episode!

Stan as a main character, Cartman as the narrator, Kyle being sacrificed to the devil, Santa Claus shooting critters with a shotgun, Cubs performing an abortion especially on Kyle, and no Mr. Hankey! Seriously, is there a thing that this episode is lacking?

Greatest christmas episode ever, the only thing I found this episode special since it deals with the Devil and Abortions (But I don't agree that abortions need to be done on christmas).

This episode also shows how a great writer Trey parker can be, the episode exceeds all expectations^^

If you to see want a South park classic, watch this episode, and trust me, you'll be suprised at what the critters did to rabitty^^moreless

This episode tells the story (in rhyme) of a Woodland Critters Christmas. Stan stumbles upon them and finds out that they worship Satan instead of Jesus Christ.

By SRW2354, May 04, 2007

This episode tells the story (in rhyme) of a Woodland Critters Christmas. Stan stumbles upon happy woodland critters and finds out that they worship Satan instead of Jesus Christ. I thought this episode was one of the best of South Park. Even though there was a lot of violence, it was very well written. The rhyming and the songs were very funny. It was a unique episode that defines what South Park is all about. I think Cartman and Stan are the best characters in the show. I think everyone should see this episode because of the ending you didn't see coming.moreless

By Cartman-Bart, Jan 03, 2007

This episode is extremely unique. I was so disgusted when I watched the first half of the episode. But, the ending surprised me. Beyond perfect effort for Trey & Matt. This is my second favorite episode. My favorite is Casa Bonita from Season Seven. Casa Bonita & Woodland Critter Christmas are about as perfect as an episode of South Park can get, I think. Trey & Matt have out done themselves on this episode. I just wish all episode of South Park were as wonderful as Woodland Critter Christmas & Casa Bonita. Trey & Matt rule! Long live South Park.moreless

SACRIFICE ME TO THE DEVIL!!

By lisandrolica, Dec 20, 2006

zarpado el episodio...es excelente uno de los mejores episodios de South Park.

Eso es lo que me copa de South Park, que elige los argumentos mas retorcidos y los convierte en una historia de suspenso y terror en clave de auténtica comedia absurda e inteligente (y escatológica varias veces).

En este episodio Stan (quien es el interesado en vivir aventuras navideñas) se encuentra con unos animalitos del bosque, que son realmente tiernos y adorables. Ellos vendrían a ser animalitos de Dios, pero cada vez que la puercoespín va a dar a luz a su salvador viene una leona y se encarga de impedirlo. Esta vez los animalitos se encuentran con Stan y le piden si no puede eliminar a la leona, y afortunadamente lo logra dejando huérfanos a 3 leoncitos que vivian con su madre. Misión cumplida, ahora sería una hermosa navidad para los animalitos, pero luego Stan se da cuenta que estas adorables criaturas son enviadas de Satán que querían dar a luz al anti-cristo y someter a la humanidad.moreless

Load More Reviews