Spartacus: Blood and Sand

Show Reviews (48)

Great

True Nature

By DavidATarta, Aug 01, 2014

As I watched Spartacus planning to betray Bariatus once his wife arrives, it became clear that in this version Spartacus is absence of any loyalty or gratitude for those who help him. He was to reward the first Roman to help him with blood and betrayed his relationship with the task master by drugging him. Then the twist as Bariatus betrays Spartacus first which is an attempt to justify the slaughter that will follow. So the true nature of master and slave is to betray each other.moreless

Spartacus!!!

By 23ZOMBIee16, Jul 22, 2014

Blood and Sand!! The best TV series that had ever been Made!!! I give my utmost props to the creators of Spartacus and wish more seasons with this show than Dexter! I don't know about everyone else but this show made me overlook Breaking Bad! Spartacus #1!!!

My favorite series!

By kuly1990, May 05, 2014

I love history, and history heroes, my favorite movie is Braveheart, so i cant believe i wasnt intrigued with this show before!

I knew of Spartacus from history, but when i heard of him it was in junior school, in boring history class, so i wasnt much intruiged with it, then few years later i watched some movie with i think Goran Visnjic and Rhona Mitra, and it wasnt anything special, so those two images in my mind were connected to name Spartacus, so when i heard of the show i didnt want to watch it because of those experiences!

Also i watched movie Gabriel! i liked the movie, but really liked the actor! He just had something!

Than two weeks ago, i was watching Tv changing channels, and i stopped when i saw guys in boat, with chains, i watched the episode i got really intruiged, so i downloaded all the episodes and started watching, i really loved the show, altough some scenes were brutal, there was alot of nudity and sex, but i guess thats what made the show realistic! Last episode of first season is best episode of whole show! ITs amazing episode, especially that part when Spartacus jumps in the air, with help of Crixus and the whole thing begins, it gave me chills, and i dont remember watching anything before that gave me chills! When i found out that Andy died, i couldnt believe it, i think he was and would have been a great actor, i watched trailer for his "Be here now" documentary, and i cried, and i cant remember the last time i cried! after that it was hard to watch the show, with time i got used to it, it was still amazing show, fight scenes through whole show were amazing to me!

I love a lot of actores in the show, Andy as Spartacus offcourse, but also i love Crixus, Onomeus, and all others but especially those three! Through the last two seasons, in every episode i thought to myself, this show is awesome, and it would much more awesome, if Andy was there, i really liked the other actor who played Spartacus, but cant get over Andy death! I would loved that Andy lived, and that that actor Liam played some other role in the show, also it would be much better if original Nevia stayed, the other girl was okay, but when you get used to someone its weird to see someone else to take their role!

RIP Andy :( !moreless

Great Show..

By VimukthiArnol, Oct 10, 2013

There is a no any TV series or Movie like Spartacus. Its the best show ever. 10000/10000...

OMG!!!!!

By chrisalpha, Mar 30, 2013

No words to express this television show.

I tried to find faults... but still

Jupiter`s cock!! this show is better than a million movies out there!!

Enough said!

Give these Gladiators a chance!

By Grazzy, Jan 27, 2013

It was the boring December-January season (TV-wise) that made me give this series a chance. I wasn't much impressed by the first episode (I thought the effects were too "300" - a lot of slow motion, flying blood - and the story didn't interest me enough either) but got hooked after episode 3. The intrigue, betrayals and schemes were great and the cast really got their act together as it went (everybody's great but I especially love John Hannah and his Batiatus). The violence and the gore took turns between the graphic novel style of "300" and the pure gore, no frills, more real-life effects (especially after Spartacus goes to the Pits). It is not recommended for everyone, though, the most sensitive and puritan might feel offended (there's also sex galore). However, if sex and violence is not a problem for you, you should definitely give this series a try, because it is highly entertaining!moreless

Draws you in and doesn't let go.

By Shadowkira, Dec 30, 2012

I was originally not going to watch Spartacus, saw it on Netflix and I will admit... The thing that drew me in was the knowledge that Lucy Lawless was in it. And I am so glad that I didn't overlook it. The actors, writers and crew do a fantastic job portraying the time period. And the filming style and blood gives a nice nod towards 300.

So many strong and well written characters for both genders, had plenty of favorites and was sad to see some of them meet an untimely demise. But every death for a major character was well thought out. RIP Andy Whitfield, you did a fantastic job and are definitely missed.moreless

Love of Violence

By FX, Jun 04, 2012

This show is a bloody mess of guts and fun. Sex, cruelty and absolute action. I truly recommend this to those who like to turn off their brains and just enjoy a ride.

If you liked the two seasons of Rome and enjoyed the action brought from the movie 300 then this is up your alley. Easily offended need not apply.

By Loralee_jk, Nov 08, 2011

Oh man! I love this show soo much! I recommend it to everyone! It is like the movie 300, but on a much bigger budget, & rated R! I love how detailed everything is! they are very into authenticity. I love Spartacus, he is my hero! I am extremely in love with Andy who playes him! I honest to God hope he gets better! Even if he can not come back, he needs to stay alive & healthy!

Alos, I love Crixus! He would be my 2nd choice as a lover! ^-~

ALSO, for however is reading this. This show Spartacus, is a real event that happened in History, in 39 BC! Spartacus, Crixus & Doctorian are the names of the three main real-life rebels that lead the slave revolution! HA!moreless

Load More Reviews