Fair
6.8

Banned in Bikini Bottom was good. So why the low score?

By Disney4life, Jul 07, 2014

Because The Battle of Bikini Bottom is the WORST SpongeBob episode EVER! Worse than To Love a Patty, worse than Little Yellow Book, worse than Karate Island (which thankfully didn't have grossout humor), worse than The Gift of Gum, worse than worse than House Fancy, worse than Pet or Pests, and yes, worse than The Splinter. It's also worse than the Sanjay and Craig episode Brett Venom MD. I'd rather watch House Fancy, The Splinter, The Gift of Gum, AND Brett Venom MD than watch The Battle of Bikini Bottom again.

Grades:

Banned in Bikini Bottom: 8.75/10

The Battle of Bikini Bottom: -99/100!

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 2 (originally posted last year on July 18): Nick has an upcoming show called Breadwinners that airs in 20 days. Today I found the pilot on YouTube and showed it to my family. EVERYONE HATED IT! They all said it was the worst thing they'd seen in their lives. And that includes The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure (2012), Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale (2006), and Rabbids Invasion. So I won't be surprised when Breadwinners gets a 1.9 just like Marvin Marvin here and Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale at IMDb. My Aunt said I should rate it as low as possible just to get the score down. Unfortunately, the lowest one can rate is 1, unless you are a prolific author. I have been working on that for months (6 plus months), so I can rate stuff like Marvin Marvin, Fred: The Show, and The Oogieloves a 0.0. Breadwinners is next on my "to rate 0.0 once I can" list.

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 18: Breadwinners premiered yesterday. I have reviewed it. It's bad but not as bad as Sanjay and Craig.

UPDATE ON JULY 7: I couldn't agree more Oldnickolodeon34! I even made similar statements at IMDb when I posted my list Worst new Nick shows since 2008 there (I posted the same list here). I talked about this awful episode including the moral being more screwed up than iMeetFred. It's like we're brothers! We have the same opinion on this episode and on Teletubbies, and Breadwinners, and Sanjay and Craig, and The Thundermans, and Sam & Cat, and possibly other shows! And that's TWICE they've aired this episode on a Sunday this year (it previously aired on May 4). So sad. They really should ban The Battle of Bikini Bottom, and The Splinter, and other awful episodes. But especially this and The Splinter. You're right, even the The Splinter was better, and I give it a -62.moreless

Note: This review is only for The Battle of Bikini Bottom, the other episode was good, but The Battle of Bikini Bottom was the worst episode ever.

By Oldnickolodeon34, Jul 06, 2014

As we know, the post movie Spongebob has it's share of bad episodes (I'm a fan of both the pre-movie and post-movie episodes, but the old ones were better) and this is no exception. This episode centers around Spongebob and Patrick having a fight about Clean vs Dirty, because Spongebob is clean and Patrick is dirty. This episode was so disturbing, and it was almost nothing but gross out gags. What in the world were they on when they were writing this episode?! I don't know, but whatever it is, stay away from it. Patrick always washed his hands, so why not in this episode? The moral in this episode was awful. The moral was that it doesn't matter if you're dirty or clean. Um, YES IT DOES! If you go outside without bathing, looking dirty and smelling horrible, people are going to be utterly disgusted and no one would want to be near you! That is an even worser moral in the episode of iCarly called "iMeet Fred" stating that it's not okay to have a different opinion than others. There were only a couple remotely funny moments in this episode (if you take out the gross humor) but that isn't saying anything at all, because this is the worst Spongebob episode of all time. It makes The Splinter look like Chocolate with Nuts. I'm surprised Nickelodeon is still rerunning this episode today. It should be banned worlwide due to all the massive grossout humor and quite possibly the worst moral ever in a TV Series (at least for a show intended for kids). Banned in Bikini Bottom was much better than this atrocious episode. If you have yet to see this episode, consider yourself lucky, believe me, you're not missing out on anything. Rating: Negative infinity.moreless

Battle of Bikini Bottom lowered my score

By PIGGYDOOM, Feb 28, 2013

Battle of Bikini Bottom: This episode was just bad... very bad! Patrick is the reason why. He made this episode disgusting! Anyways lets get to the plot: It starts off with Spongebob and Patrick at the mall wearing t-shirts saying whatever the arrow is pointing to is the shirt owner's best friend. They accidently freak out after pointing it at other citizens. Then get kicked out. Okay that was a little annoying but I guess okay. Then they get into another fight and have a war clean vs stinky. Spongebob tries to make Patrick clean and Patrick tries to make Spongebob dirty. I did laugh when Patrick wrote on a brick wall ... How do you spell not my friend?" That was pretty funny. I hated when Patrick rubbed Spongebob into his arm pits and Spongebob had armpit grease all over him. Seriously writers? Your trying to make this funny? What idiot thought this was a good idea? *Looks up who made this episode* okay most of the newer writers worked on this episode. I agree with Spongebob its way better to be clean than dirty. I also hated when Patrick picked his nose and was chasing Spongebob with his booger. Then he uses Krabby Patties as shoes which was more gross! Then, Spongebob shoots bubbles at Patrick through his holes while Patrick throws a dumpster at Spongebob. And when the battle ends, Patrick is squeaky clean while Spongebob is dirty. Then both become friends and walk home. Well that sucked... Even if your a Spongebob fan or if there are some funny moments it still sucks! 3/10 D-

Banned in Bikini Bottom: This was actually a pretty descent episode in my opinion. In this episode it starts off with Spongebob singing that "I love Krabby Patties" song which was enjoyable. Then he sings it again after Squidward walks away. Once it irritates a woman named Miss Grissle Puss who is just a huge jerk. And I hated how she shut down the Krusty Krab and said Krabby Patties are disgusting without giving them a chance. Then Spongebob opens the Krusty Krab at his pinapple, Plankton finds out the Krusty Krab is closed and the joke about the "Closed Krab" Plankton made was funny. Then he also finds out the Krusty Krab has moved to Spongebob's house. Then sneaks in and it was funny when Patrick said "What's the password" then Plankton sneaks in. Then Plankton calls the Police/Swat Team and everyone runs away, and Miss Grissle Puss comes and while that Police officer guy is eating a Krabby Patty, Grissle Puss slips and accidently eats a Krabby Patty. Then suddenly she likes it and both her and Spongebob sing the "I love Krabby Patties" song again. And that song was still awesome no matter how many times it was played. Overall a descent episode of Spongebob. 7/10

Overall Grade: (5/10) C-moreless

A bad episode and a decent episode

By fsaenz0125, Nov 20, 2012

The Battle of Bikini Bottom: You guess it this episode was pretty bad. Not because it was a competition episode but the way Patrick acted here. He was very cold throughout much of the episode. All of the attacks he did were very gross especially the armpit and the unclean teeth. Ugh and that patty he used as a shoe to peeve SpongeBob off wasn't nesscary. it was annoying and childish. I considered it one of the worst episodes for the fifth season and therefore it is never worth watching again. Only parts that is worth laughing are the beginning, Patrick telling the story of clean and dirty, and Mr. Krabs' cameo. The rest is just awful. If you're a TRUE SpongeBob don't waste your time watching this. Even from almost 5 years ago I still freakin' hate it. SCORE 3/10

Banned in Bikin Bottom: Another lame plot episode but it worth watching unlike The Battle of Bikini Bottom. I only said lame because it was pathetic that Krabby Patty got banned for being too fun. The song that SpongeBob was okay but Steven Banks (as well as Aaron Springer) needs to realize that he doesn't has to make SpongeBob somewhat annoying (when he said "aaaah" for 10 seconds). Favorite parts are some of the song, Squidward teeling the old ladies a joke, Patrick's appearance, and Miss Grussy (?) liking the Krabby Patty. OVERALL SCORE 7/10moreless

Two Terrible Episodes For the Price of One

By OneHungryHippo, Oct 22, 2012

Battle of Bikini Bottom: Ugh, just ugh. This episode is painful to watch. I hate how they make it seem as if Patrick has bad hygiene, when in reality, you have seen him wash his hands before. In "Something Smells", in fact. So, yeah. This episode is stupid. I mean, just look at the plot. I hate this episode.

2 out of 10

Banned in Bikini Bottom: Now for the real stinker. This episode just recently became one of my least favorite episodes of the show, and for good reason. I don't know why Aaron Springer has taken such a nosedive when it comes to episodes, but his episodes went from being some of the best episodes in the respective seasons, to being the worst. This one, an old hag wants to ban krabby patties for being too fun. Stupid plot already. The song stinks, too. The newer episodes just don't seem to know when it is appropriate to include a song, as seen in episodes such as this one and "Selling Out". Then they have Spongebob make patties at his house. This is when the episode gets really stupid. The hag figures out Mr. Krabs' plan, storms in, and arrests the "criminals" on sight. Of course, her much better looking husband arrests them. I kind of feel bad for him, as he seems to be completely oblivious to how this old hag is completely using him. Anyhow, he's eating a krabby patty. Old hag gets angry, trips, eats a patty. Unbans krabby patties because she likes the taste, and sings a stupid song about it. I also hate the poke at the Conservative party, considering not only am I a conservative, but this really isn't the show to do this sort of thing. If Aaron Springer and Steven Banks really hated conservatives that much and wanted to poke fun of them, they should have written on South Park or Family Guy, because this isn't the show to do it.

0 out of 10moreless

Ugh i hate Battle of Bikini Bottom.

By kingnicky1, Nov 13, 2011

Battle of Bikini Bottom: by far the worst season 5 episode it was way too disgusting and painful to even watch. i did not laugh at all. this is the worst spongebob ever next to (Reff Blowers)

Final Grade 0.6/10 F-------------

Banned in Bikini Bottom: this episode is the only reason i didnt rate this a 1/10 this was a great episode it was funny it had a good plot and i loved the ending where the person planning to take down the krusty krab ate plankton!

Final Grade 8.8/10 A

Battle of Bikini Bottom is going to go on my revised top 10 worst spongebob episodes hands down and banned wont be even close.moreless

I don't care what the heck y'all say or how many of you disagree with me, but I loved Battle of Bikini Bottom! However, I didn't like Banned in Bikini Bottom.

By Teen_Tomboy, Nov 07, 2011

Battle of Bikini Bottom isn't just one of the most underratted episodes, but it's THE most underrated episode in SpongeBob history. Besides me, there's, like, only one person on this whole sight who likes this episode. I don't know why, frankly. Although it did contain some gross parts, it's in my top twenty all time favorite episodes of SpongeBob. There was only one part that I really gagged at and that was when Patrick was rubbing SpongeBob under his arm pit and then SpongeBob was covered in that grease. But besides that, I didn't find any other parts gross, just funny. Especially the digging for gold joke that was put in there. A lot of people hate this one because it has a childish plot. Why? It IS a kid's show, for God's sake! Oh and I thought the beginning was funny as well along with the ending. I thought Patrick looked hilarious when he was shiny clean. OK so my final grade for this episode, I don't care how many disagree with me, is an A. Now for the second one, Banned in Bikini Bottom, I didn't like it. The reason is because of Ms. Grizzle Puss or whatever her name was. She was a freak and I really hated her. Especially the ending when she was dancing to the I Love Krabby Patty song. That looked so gay I also didn't like it because I expected more from a plot with such great potential. The only part that I found funny was this quote: "Patrick: What's the pass word? Plankton: What're you talking about you bafoon?! Patrick: That's it! (opens door) That's the password! Plankton: Curse you! (ladder falls)" I was on the floor laughing for hours with that quote. But other than that, I hated this eisode. My final grade is a D+.moreless

battle was disgusting

banned was perfect

By jmbsonic555, Nov 03, 2011

The Battle of Bikini Bottom: SpongeBob and Patrick have a fight, because SpongeBob is clean, and Patrick is dirty. Banned in Bikini Bottom: SpongeBob's musical tribute irritates Miss Grissle Puss, causing Krabby Patties to be banned from Bikini Bottom.

Read Full Recap

(warning: possible spoilers!)

Banned in Bikini Bottom: Miss Grissle Puss rides on a bus to visit the Krusty Krab. She asks for food, and Spongebob runs out of the kitchen dancing and singing. Miss Grissle Puss gets irritated, and bans krabby patties from Bikini Bottom. Mr. Krabs threatens her, and Miss Grissle Puss` husband closes the Krusty Krab down. SpongeBob then offers his house to be the secret Krusty Krab. Soon SpongeBob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs start making krabby patties secretly. Plankton finds out about the secret Krusty Krab, and checks it out. He calls the police, and the police comes and arrests Mr. Krabs. He is about to go to jail, until Miss Grissle Puss accidentally eats a krabby patty, and changes her mind. Krusty Krab gets reopened

4 out of 10moreless

Blahhhhhhh

By mrmen1, Aug 27, 2011

This episode was pretty stupid.

Battle of Bikini Bottom: This episode was okay, except it was gross and disgusting. Spongebob over the years has gotten weirder and grosser. I liked the first 3 seasons, they weren't gross at all and really funny.

Overall grade: C

Banned in Bikini Bottom: Worst.episode.ever! It was soooo stupid! It made little to no sense whatsoever. I mean a 90 year old hag married to a 40 year old police officer. I mean Miss Gristle puss is old enough to be his mother! Also, the last time a I checked you can't make anything illegial for being "Too fun". The only part I liked was with Patrick and the secret password. Overall grade: D-

Episode grade: D+

Don't waste your time watching it!moreless

Load More Reviews