Daedalus

Episode Reviews (1)

Good
7.2

Great work for a bottle episode. Excellentwell.

By FrakkingFrakker, Feb 11, 2006

Every now and again you have to do a small episode or two, with standing sets and a small guest cast (or not guest cast.) This was just such an episode....but what an episode it was.

Deceit, intrigue and character development. All wrapped nicely in a potent story about family and trying too hard...or about washing up. What's left after retirement when you've spent your whole life striving to be the best? What happens to your family?

These are human questions, the questions the Star Trek has always asked. The bonus here is, it's being asked by a major player in the universe as we know it, a man we have never seen or heard of before, but without whom ...well, there would be no transporter.

Bill Cobbs does an excellent job with the pathos of a larger than life man, making his pain reveal the small man he is inside.

And of course, the ethical questions of what he does and how far Archer should take things.

These are all things Star Trek excells at, and this epsiode is certainly no exception. It's a bottle I'm glad to take a drink from.

moreless