Demons (1)

Episode Reviews (2)

Great

Were all alien to each other

By dregj, Sep 16, 2010

The heart of trek to me has always been an allagory

about working together despite our differences.

This episode demonstrates this perfectly.

The fall out of the xindi crisis and the vulcans interference policy comes home to roost.When a alien hating group create a hybrid human/vulcan child designed to cause shock and hatred among the humans.

Would the archer of one year ago have agreed with these terra prime people.

I liked the scene were tpol and trip were disoverd and taken prisoner so easily.

I imagined that the ep would turn out to be a demonstration of lazy writing were the bad guys are too stupid too notice

a plant(infiltratior) and everything is rapped up in 45 mintes.

This episode switches this around brilliantly ,they always knew they were starfleet and just played them for fools.

I didnt see that coming

tpol kinda gets sidelined with her baby which was quite annoying

Also i really found the dude trying to form the alliance/federation off the back of all archers work to be well worth a slap

he reminded me of tom skiret`s character in the jodie foster film Contact.Amoral and political but perfectly okay with thatmoreless

fear is in your mind

By Lawrencevanrijn, Jun 08, 2006

The topic of Xenophobia has been explored in previous series, but never to the extend that we see in Enterprise. It is fair to do it ere as that part of Star Trek history had the greatest influence. The topic was covered in depth in several books, and some of them being quite good. Even though the fear is not 'properly' phrased and 'Robocop' Paxton is an unreal enemy to say the least (like the old 007 bosses), the storyline still runs in a decent way. It was also fun to see the Buffy mayor of ascencion in an episode called 'demon' funny wink to Buffy perhaps?

In the end it gives the issues and resolutions not as much solution as it could have done, and a 3 or 4 parter might have given it a hell of a bang, but the endresult of these two parts are quite acceptable.moreless