Reunion

Episode Reviews (5)

Great

A thrilling and moving Klingon/Worf episode....

By uk6strings, Oct 22, 2012

.... Following the arc set by "The Emissary" and "The Sins of the Father" (two great episodes of "Star Trek: The Next Generation"), "Reunion" is a thrilling and moving Klingon/Worf-centered episode, marking Jonathan Frakes' second directed episode.

Suzie Plakson makes her return to the series as K'Ehleyr, Worf's ex - not only is she perfectly cast and extremely solid in this episode but she is also a total babe. The character's relationship with Worf features a lot of laughs as well as some very compelling moments. "Reunion" is also notable for Worf meeting his and K'Ehleyr's son Alexander, a character that would continue on through "The Next Generation" and "Deep Space Nine." This story line (hence: the "Reunion") is very compelling as Worf comes to terms with his new found fatherhood.

The personal themes of family surrounding Worf's role in the story are great but "Reunion" also sees a pretty thrilling political arc. The plot is closely tied to that especially of "The Sins of the Father," so one is greatly benefited by seeing that episode first, with Picard once again being drawn into Klingon politics - this time the stakes are much higher than they were before.

"Reunion" is, for my money, one of the best episodes of the series' fourth season.moreless

A Great Worf Episode

By Celedorian, Dec 28, 2011

This Worf episode (a sequel to "Emissary" and "Sins of the Father") is expertly directed by Jonathan Frakes, moving at a breathless pace that keeps the viewer on the edge of his or her seat with its bold choices and incredible events. Like most of the Klingon episodes, the guest stars are great, Michael Dorn is excellent, and Patrick Stewart knocks it out of the park.

When I was younger, I found the Klingon storylines boring, and always skipped these sort of episodes. Now that I am older, I can appreciate them a lot more.

By cosmicr, Jun 02, 2011

This episode is a pivotal moment in the history of Star Trek. We see the introduction of several key characters including Alexander, Worf's son, and Gowron, the new Klingon Chancellor. We also see the death of both K'Ehlyer and Duras, key people in Worf's life.

Although this episode features a lot of politics, I found it very enjoyable to watch because it is good to see where the great story starts. This episode was really the catalyst for many Klingon featured episodes to come, and if you enjoy the Klingon aspect of Trek, I highly recommend it!moreless

By Pink_Floyd_AL, Jun 02, 2011

The “Enterprise” is approached by a Klingon ship carrying K’Ehleyr. K’Ehleyr is a half human Klingon ambassador. K’Ehleyr requests to board the “Enterprise”. Lt. Worf becomes agitated by this action. When K’Ehleyr beams aboard the “Enterprise” she has a small companion with her. The matter she needs to discuss is K'Mpec, the Klingon leader is dying. It seems as if K'Mpec has been poisoned but by who? K'Mpec asks Picard to oversee the process of choosing a new leader and to find the culprit who poisoned him. We find in this episode the companion known as Alexander is Worf’s son.moreless