The Most Toys

Episode Reviews (4)

Great

Little creepy guy knows how to steal, connive, and deceive. Par for the course when he goes for the biggest treasure yet: Commander Data.

By HypnoToad72, Jun 01, 2011

This is a wonderful story, featuring a galactic trader who loves to collect rare or unique treasures. He wants to collect Data as his latest, and biggest prize.

He succeeds, leaving virtually no obvious clues to suggest Data was kidnapped rather than destroyed -- but whose comeuppance was being too clumsy in setting up the environmental trap. So Geordi and Picard figure it out.

Another wonderful, well acted piece, the highlights include three scenes:

* Data not cooperating with Fajo

* Data attempting to imitate the Mona Lisa

* Data transported to the Enterprise at the end, having just pressed home the switch on a confiscated cell disruptor weapon

For latter-end season 3, before the terrific season finale, this one is a diamond in the rough.moreless

A seemingly silly episode turns dark and shows glimmers of death.

By pharoahsdance, Jun 01, 2011

Saul Rubinek's villain in "The Most Toys" is so clownish that we don't immediately realize how demented and evil he is. But that's just one element which makes this episode a lot deeper then it seems at first.

Brent Spiner and the writers should take most of the credit. Spiner gives a fine, somewhat stoic performance as Data. And the writers, while seriously ignoring aspects of Data's character (kill another person in a calculated manner? Lie?), nevertheless do it in such a manner that boosts the episode. The psychological battle between the villain and his captive is terrific.

And of course... One can't forget Data and the Mona Lisa.moreless

By Pink_Floyd_AL, Mar 22, 2006

Data is aboard the Shuttlecraft Pike. He contacts "The Enterprise" acknowledging he is ready to return. From the viewscreen of "The Enterprise" we see Shuttlecraft Pike explode. The crew is in shock of what they just saw. Lt Worf fills in at ops station. Geordi refuses to believe that Data is dead. He is right data is not dead , but being held captive. I find some sarcastic humour with Data feeding a rare animal. Lu-lu-lou is the sound Data makes while he is doing this. I could not quit laughing. I rate this one a 7.9moreless