Outcast

Episode Reviews (19)

Great

See Summary

By TrueTvWatcher, Sep 14, 2011

Outcast was a different episode. We find Sheppard returning to Earth upon the news of his fathers death. I guess that they did not tal much or get along, as he has said in the past that he doesn't have family. I'm curious about this. However the episode it self is entertaining and gives more in depth insights into the characters involved. To add to the drama, some US scientists have created a human form replicator, which is now on the loose. I don't think that this episode was vital to any particular story line, but it did have some points that may come into play in the future.moreless

By danharr, Sep 14, 2011

A fun little filler episode with plenty of action and an attractive mysterious guest star to boot. Based on the premise that a replicator had been made from scratch on Earth and John hearing about the death of his father. He and Ronan go to Earth and the decision to have Ronan tag along was great comic relief. The episode was fun with plenty of action plus with Earth corporation having the ability to make replicators it opens doors for more stories. In the end the replicator girl who helped the team. Of course was taken out of commission but it was nice they put her mind in a program making her think she'd been let go. Didn't do anything for the season as a whole but was still a fun hour of my time.moreless

Sheppard go to Earth to his father's funeral, and along the way discover that some kind of human replicator have been made on earth...

By ode_ssa, Sep 14, 2011

This story is boring... everytime they try to deviate from Atlantis, The Pegasus Galaxy and the main story line, i'm bored to death...Except maybe with McKay's sister, but that's another story!

But OMG this one is so lame!!!! You don't care about Sheppard's so called "pain", or he's ex-wife, or the replicator and this "chase" they have going on on earth.

It was much more fun when they were making episodes about some unknown technology dicovered on Atlantis, and even the Genii were much better opposants, even if they became too recurring at one point.

Anyway, please please please , don't do this again! Earth is always boring!!! We wanna travel in space, meet the bad guys, some new technology, some unknown foes, but replicator have been used too much!moreless

I didn't really like this one...

By Fwirrel, Sep 14, 2011

Sheppard goes back to earth upon hearing of his father's death. I guess I like this episode in the sense that we learn more about Sheppard and his past and his character. However, the story was stupid. A replicator asked for help, Jack and Ronan not knowing it was a replicator, to find another replicator. In the end, the other replicator was destroyed. I just thought the story was stupid and predictable. It wasn't original and it just sucked. There were still some good character moments, but not enough to make the episode any good. Overall, not a very good episode.moreless

Great story but what are we doing here?

By tv-striker, Apr 25, 2009

Great story but what are we doing here?

This story really has it all. A call to adventure. Constantly rising stakes. Chase scenes. Fights. Gun fire. A twist for an ending. All doled out with great pacing. Except why is this on Earth?

Sheppard's father has died prompting him to return to Earth. Ronan goes along for no apparent reason. We learn Sheppard was rich and rebelled against his father. I suppose that's meant to be a surprise even though we've known since the beginning Sheppard was a rebel and he's proved it for the past 3 ½ years. We meet Sheppard's ex-wife three times but there doesn't seem to be any chemistry with her or any former chemistry either. We also meet Sheppard's brother but scenes between them get cut off pretty quickly and don't really go anywhere.

While at the wake/reception, Sheppard gets the call to adventure. A human form replicator has been grown from the nanites we first saw in "Miller's Crossing." This replicator is on the loose but it's never clear what threats he poses to Earth. Both Sheppard and Rowan answer the call to adventure and start doing all the heroic things we've come to expect from them. And, it's all pretty good from an action/adventure standpoint. Except, why is Sheppard in charge? This isn't his command base. He doesn't have any particular expertise. The planet is crawling with military people who could handle this. You think someone would step forward and tell him to get lost. It's all clearly out of the boundaries you'd expect from the show. And, I would have to say that when a show starts looking for (and creating) an exciting premise that's outside its usual boundaries, it might be getting to close to "jumping the shark." Is this an admission that they can't serve up anything new in the Pegasus/Atlantis framework and have to turn back to Earth for a storyline?

I'll rate the episode high for being adventurous but will have to lower it for seemingly breaking format.

Also, I'm not sure that what little gets added to the character is worth it.moreless

Sheppard episode

By Parricida, Feb 16, 2008

And two man show continues. When last episode it was McKay, then this time it is Ronon and they are back on Earth. And someone should have told Ronon how to act on Earth as he made us laugh quite some times.

On the storyline - replicators. I am so tired of them. Something new, maybe. Anyway, the whole situation was on Earth, so not the worst one and quite enjoying, all the hunting, running and never understanding what is going on and the big surprise about the girl - that was worth the whole episode.

Sadly I feel that the storylines are getting weaker and weaker.moreless

sheppard returns to earth after finding out his father has passed away.

By montogma23, Feb 09, 2008

Finally!After three years of wondering what sheppard's family was like we finally get the scoop!It doesn't suprise me one bit that sheppard didn't like living the lifestyles of the rich and famous. His lifestyle and attitude doesn't really fit into that world all that great.

The scenes between dave and john were really well done. I'm glad that in the end the two decided to work out their differences and try have a relationship.

The replicator stuff was intresting as always.The chase and the fight scene between eva and the replicatior was awesome.Dr.Lee's lord of the rings and terminator two references were hysterical! Killing the replicator off by beaming him into rentry was clever.So was how sheppard,ronon,lee, and bates found a way to save eva from being destroyed.

All in all it was a pretty good episode.moreless

Funny thing was, I just watched Blades of Glory right before I watched this episode.

By elahoda, Feb 07, 2008

This episode was a little bit of a break from what Atlantis is all about, mostly because they are on earth. It felt strange to see two of the main characters chasing bad guys there. Oh well, it's a bit of a filler episode and a back story on Sheppard. We get to learn about what his growing up was like and that he left home willingly because he didn't want to live his life like his father planned.

I never saw Ava as a replicator, that was a big plot twist for me, and I am glad they didn't actually let her go live her life on earth, because that would have been too unbelievable. But they still have to power the VR world for her indefinately. Oh well.

Overall, good episode, look forward to more actual Atlantis/Pegasus episodes coming up.moreless

Stargate Terminator: The John Shepard Chronicles

By 2crour93, Feb 07, 2008

This is a milestone for Atlantis. Instead of ripping off old shows, they're now ripping off current shows. Seems like Joe Flanigan, who came up with the story, couldn't resist a bit of the Terminator pie and came up with his own replicator variety, complete with a final battle between two super strong replicators, who fling eachother around Terminator style. We also get to see Carter for all of 30 seconds in the teaser. They're really spoiling us now!

It's a shame that the episode didn't focus on the character story of Shepard losing his father, and his rivalry with his brother. It doesn't always need to have the tacked on sci-fi element.moreless

A little more about John Sheppard

By bmrcardoso, Feb 06, 2008

A nice episode! We finally know a little bit more about the intriging caracther of the "hero" John Sheppard.

It confirms what we've seen great in battle not so great with people special with familly.

After coming to earth, with Ronan, to his fathers funeral e encounters his brother and his ex-wife.

And in between a girl contacts him and ronan to tell them she and a doctor who worked for the company who used the nanits the cure a little girl, had developed those nanits into a replicator who has escaped.

The episode develops between the chase of the replicator and the funeral.moreless

Load More Reviews