The Intruder

Episode Reviews (15)

Great

See Summary

By TrueTvWatcher, Sep 24, 2010

This episode was good, but it was a little slow after coming off the Siege. I think it had a lot of character development for Weir and McKay. Basically the Atlantis Team Leaders and Weir were on their way back to Earth on the Daedulus and it was being affected by a Wraith computer virus. It was AI and killed people who were on to it and was always a step ahead. There wasn't really to much going on, it all centered around this virus. Weir wanted her love from Earth to come back to Atlantis with her, and the military wanted to replace Sheppard with Colonel Caldwell. Weir insisted that they promote Sheppard instead. So the season is moving along and hopefully some more action in the next episode!moreless

Some parts were flashback and Wraith computer virus take down Atlantis

By tvrev, Sep 21, 2010

Now despite the fact that this story-line appeared in Stargate episodes you would think that i'm be disappointed but i wasn't, in fact i quite enjoyed it and how the virus managed to outsmart most Rodney idea. So that ship will be permenant fixture for this series which i'm quite happy about.

Flashback-now i'm a bit confused with these-are these meant to be before going to. i figure before but i felt that flashback main purpose was just fill the time so they could easily have 42 minutes episodes.

The virus was well designed but the annoying thing was it couldn't detect beforehand-all in all a average episode.moreless

Nothing special, but still it's good to be home...Atlantis!

By G3ckOz, Sep 21, 2010

Ok there's nakes Asgard, Wraith virus and boring mumbo jumbo aboard the Daedalus, on their trip home from Earth back to Atlantis. Now i can get used to many things but this Asgard is weird, or broken: he says "crap", he curses(i think) in asgardian, and he can't break a lil' ol' wraith virus, so naturally this episode could be called Rodney McKay since he does everything. Now after such a great victory i would've wanted to see a celebrating episode or some random world exploration, not just Daedalus and viruses. Perhaps this episode was meant to feel like this, because at the end Atlantis feels incredible, you feel like you can rejoin the story again, so either the purpose...i'm just glad to see Teyla.moreless

After returning to Earth for a short visit the Atlantis team returns with additional replacements for the city. We learn some information about a few of the main characters and the Wraith had planted a virus on the Daedalus which has to be dealt with.

By jyarter, Aug 16, 2009

Not a bad episode but too much is covered in this one short episode.

We have a number of storylines. Lt. Colonel Sheppard's promotion and his visit to Ford's cousin. Weir's overriding the military command and forcing them to promote Major Sheppard to Lt. Colonel. Weir's marriage coming to an end. The selection of new members for the Atlantis team as they have a fully charge ZPM and the city can support more people now. Dr. Monroe and Dr. Lindstrom are killed aboard the Daedalus on its return trip to Atlantis after they discover a virus has been infecting the computer system. The discovery is then made by McKay and the rest of the crew but McKay recognizes it as Wraith in origin.

They try a number of times to wipe the virus without success and it takes over the navigation system and one of the 302 fighters. In the end Sheppard shoots down the fighter before it can send the Daedalus into the corona of a nearby star. This after a number of different solutions and perils are gone through.

In other words, too much going on for one episode. It's almost as if they were trying to wrap the first season and the last three parter with one episode so they can get on with season two.

Enjoyable with great acting and production values this episode could have been stretched out into two or shortened into one really good episode. Thanks for reading...moreless

Journey home...

By Parricida, Jan 26, 2008

It was great, to be honest. A different episode - all the spaceship and journey and things what can go wrong on space, but for variety and some different - it was fantastic episode to go after the superb season start. And those little clips back to Earth and those conversations - leading only sad understanding.

But the action on the ship and McKay - he can be... the panic and fear. And Wraith seems to be even more powerful than we thought but they managed to win this time. And the Hermiod - I start to like that little guy more and more.moreless

Not a bad one.

By farscapefanuk, Aug 10, 2007

This episode was fairly good. Yes it was a little bit unoriginal and seemed a little similar to a Stargate SG1 episode but i stil lenjoyed it. I thought this was a sad episode for Weir, finding out that her husband has moved on and is seeing someone else. Now i understand that all she has is Atlantis and it is her home. Pretty much all of the episode took place on the ship, a Wraith virus takes over the controls and causes a lot of problems. So after many failed attempts they rid the ship of the virus and again the day is saved. Bakc on Atlantis Tayla fills us in that no one has seen Ford. Overall this was not as good as the premier to this season but it was still a good episode nonetheless.moreless

The idea for this episode wasn’t very original. But behind the plot were still some interesting things.

By cvvrede, Aug 20, 2005

The idea for this episode wasn’t very original. A lot of Sci-Fi series have had a story line close to this one. Stargate SG-1 had one close to it, even if it wasn’t on a ship but in the SGC (the episode 4x20 ‘Entity’) as is mentioned in the episode. Also the scene in the fighter was almost identical to the one where O’Neill and Teal’c are stuck in a goa’uld death glider (episode 4x12 ‘Tangent). I guess that’s unavoidable. But with the flashbacks in it, it was a pretty good episode. The flashbacks were also a good idea, because it avoided having to use characters from Stargate SG-1.

The promotion of Major Sheppard to Lieutenant Colonel wasn’t very unexpected, because the senior Air Force officer couldn’t be a Major and they couldn’t just write the main character out. But I didn’t expect they’d do it this way. It was kind of funny to see Colonel Caldwell being overwritten by Weir, as was the little tête-à-tête between John and Elizabeth at the start of the episode. Although I felt sorry for Elizabeth, I was glad she broke up with her boyfriend. Then nobody has ties back earth anymore.

Also very funny was the Asgard, Hermiod. It was both unreal (as far as you can say that of gray aliens) and cool to have an Asgard who is funny in a way that isn’t through overly logical remarks. That was really fun to see.

All in all it is a fill up episode, which is used very well as a transition between the three-part showdown and the new season.moreless

Nothing interesting, quite boring, obvious finale with no surprises.

By strangergol, Aug 06, 2005

Weird episode, at least in my opinion... Seemed like an Atlantis-version of the classic Star Trek series. Nothing particulary interesting. I hoped for an interesting ending (a destruction of Daedalus, perhaps?). Unfortunately, nothing happened. Those who aren't hardcore fan of the series wouldn't miss much if they had skipped this episode.

Good Episode

By Grimweeper, Aug 03, 2005

The Intruder," the first full episode after the introduction of the Daedalus, ends up featuring Earth's newest ship, but immediately destroys the perception that the Daedalus is invulnerable. Along with a few detours through the land of character development, especially that of Elizabeth Weir, "The Intruder" manages to fit both the return trip home and the more eventful journey back to Pegasus in one episode.

By the end of this episode, I feel much like Sheppard and Weir do about returning to Earth: The Earth stories were something I was looking forward to, and they were interesting in their own right, but I was relieved to see them back in Atlantis by the end of the episode.

But before I put the cart before the horse: "The Intruder" is a decent episode that unfortunately has a feel of too much familiarity.moreless

Beginning to look to much like Star Trek?

By halldoraj, Jul 30, 2005

I'm a huge Stargate fan and I watch both Atlantis and SG1 and I love it but latly it has beginning to look to much like the Star Trek episode where the focus is rather on space travel and interstellar fighting then exploring strange earth-like planets on foot through the gate. I for one don't like the fast development the human race is going through in the shows. From discovering other planets to interstellar travel took them only ten years! Slow down and get serious.moreless

Load More Reviews