Dominion

Episode Reviews (18)

Superb

Finally something happens

By pennyrua, Jun 01, 2011

I cannot believe there is only one more episode to go. SG1 is coming to an end and finally we have an episode which addresses this and is not a filler ep. Vala seems to have left the team and I have to say this was very cleverly written, I really believed it. The episode was good in that it tied up a few loose ends and we got to see what happens to Adria and that Daniel's plan to destroy the Ori was successful but it still felt like we were waiting for something. Maybe all the good stuff will come in the movies but I just wish they had invested as much in the final episodes of the series. Some funny moments, some sad moments, some slightly confusing moments. Altogether I would say better than the average episodes of late but still, is this how SG1 is going to end?

When are Daniel and Vala going to get together already???!!! I ask this every week. If it doesn't happen next week I will be pulling my hair out.moreless

I thought this was brilliant but for some reason there was still some part of me that did not enjoy this fully.

By ashman2, Jun 01, 2011

This epiosde bugs me and I can't work out why, it's almost as if they tried to do too much in one episode, but at the same time they did everything I was expecting. It's weird.

I liked the use of the memory machine, I was wondering if we'd ever see that again, that was good. I like the fact that we still don't know for sure if the Ori are dead. I really like the fact that the Odyssey has a cloak, so I apologise to the people in the forum who I disagreed with over that. I was convinced that was just a one time only thing. I liked Ba'al in this episode, I thought he was brilliant as always.

BUT

I found a lot of what happened predictable, As soon as the Jaffa beamed down I knew Ba'al was gonna put a snake in her. That was obvious. I knew that something was up at the beginning when you saw Vala in the bar with Adria.

I was shocked by how quickly they dealt with Adria though, I thought for sure she was gonna pop into the film. But failing that, I certainly didn't think she was gonna ascend. I thought the whole point was you had to be slightly good to do that, although what with the Ori and all nowadays I'm guessing the rule book has slightly changed. Eitherway, surely even with Adria as an ascendant now she can't do much without incurring the wrath of the Alterans. It would be like Daniel ascended all over again.

I liked the new details on the Hatak, I noticed that in Bounty, someone's obviously put a hell of a lot of effort into those, but there did seem to be a mistake. When Ba'als hatak went into hyperspace, there was no window, it just disappeared Star Trek style. I think that was a mistake, although as the cloak shows, I may be very wrong.

It just seemed like so much happened in the episode, because theoretically this is the end, because next week is all looking into the future. I enjoyed this, don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of it, apart from the Odyssey Commander, I did not like him at all. The complete opposite of what we have had before.

I liked this episode, but it seemed to be more about tying up loose ends, while being entertaining, rather than being entertaining, and tying up loose ends at the same time. It felt to me, like their priorities were slightly in the wrong place.

That said this was brilliant, and it's hard to believe that I'm only one episode away from the end of my favourite show of all time.moreless

Adria appears in this episode which means she survived the ORI weapon. She comes to the aid of her mum to help her escape a card game that she cheated in. Adria is captured by Baal for his own personal reasons which fail. Story line is much better.

By donz55, Jun 01, 2011

I caught this episode from the UK and I must say it's been the better of the last 3 episodes. There are some good action scenes as well as a good story line. Adria was good to see again (she's a looker). She is implanted with a snake by Baal in order tho have her turn over her forces to him. Anyway to make a long story short SGC tries to remove it but fails. Her body is close to death so she decides to ascend. All in all, this episode is one of the good ones.moreless

Now THAT'S more like it!

By nb_dude, Jun 01, 2011

After the last couple of episodes, I was worried one of the best science-fiction shows ... no wait, one of the best SHOWS on television was going to end with a whimper instead of a bang. They've proven me wrong - YEAH!

Claudia Black is a delightful actress - I suppose it's her stage work that allows her to say more by saying nothing. Her characters moral ambivalence re Adria was palpable. Her lines said she felt nothing while her face and mannerisms said something else entirely.

This is not to say the others weren't firing on all cylinders either. They were all working like a well oiled machine. And, really, isn't this why we watch? We're not here for the weird alien makeup or the other-worldly sets - these characters are friends and we want to keep them close, make sure they're OK.moreless

This could have been done earlier, instead of some of the waste episodes in this second half of the finale season.

By QuakertownBob, Jun 01, 2011

This made me think, instead of some of them that your mind works on remote control, this one had something good. What will happen in the finale which from what I have read is not really a finale but the opening of 2 made for TV and DVD movies. I think that eventually Daniel will find the will and ability to ascend and take on the ORI. It appears that they have been building up to some kind of confrontation.

I am curious on how they will handle this last of the series, and it appears that the Atlantis crew will make an appearance, and that gives them the ideal way to get Carter to Atlantis for next season.moreless

Big bang for end...

By Parricida, Jun 01, 2011

It could say that major storylines end with this episode and this episode is huge. Both Ba'al and Adria are out to get the rule over the galaxy and they are ready to do so many things and there are quite many shocks - killing all Ba'als.. then using Goa'uld to take over Adria (genial idea).

We have a lot of action, much things happening. Too many even maybe. Anyway, it is huge episode. And the storyline with Adria and Vala was very good - the way they finally started to realized that they are drifting apart and soon they will face each other.

And the ending.. the way Vala does feel for her daughter and what is happening hurts. And the ending... very good episode.moreless

Major events.

By avi01, Jan 13, 2010

Major events took place in this last stop before the Series finale.

Nice twists with Vala getting out of Sg1, all part of a plan at the end. It was great to see Ba'al again as he intends to control Adria and the galaxy. That actress, Morena Baccarin who plays Adria, wow I never realized how hot she is. Great she is not "done" then. :p It is also very interesting to see her ascend, which is an interesting twist.

As for Ba'al, I`m sure he is not done...yet.

So overall and great episode with some great action, intense moments and plot advancers.

The series finale is next...I don`t think they`ll be able to patch up the story , so I guess all will be resolved in the movie.moreless

Adria's back...

By Fwirrel, Sep 30, 2007

Ba'al captures Adria when the SG teams were attempting to capture Adria...right, it's a little complicated. Anyways, Ba'al implants Adria with a symbiote just before SG-1 captures Adria and kills Ba'al. In the end, Adria ascends after a failed attempt to remove the symbiote and to add a tokra symbiote. The story was interesting. I didn't like, however, the part of the story where Vala was brainwashed and stuff; I thought it was tacky and pointless. I did like the Adria/Vala moments though. Overall, pretty good episode. I was happy that Ba'al was in it; he's one of my favorite recurring characters. I was pretty shocked when they just over-killed Ba'al though. They shot him like ten times. I hope there's another Ba'al out there...moreless

A great penultimate episode awating the series finale!...

By neon2farmer, Jun 17, 2007

I watched this episode with great excpectations, I knew it was going to be good, and it was. In this eoisode we finally tie up a loose end with the ascenion of Vala's "daughter", Adria. I feel that that is a very good way to move on her character.We also see more of Ba'al, and he gets shot full of holes yet again,and he tries a mischevisous plot at implating Adria with a Symbiote, actually,his symbiote .This episode was packed full of action, drama, and special effets what else really could you ask for in an episode of SG1?, well we might just find out next week!.Later.moreless

Ba'al has once again established himself as a great bad guy! When SG-1 decides to use Adria's love for Vala to bait her, it is actually Ba'al who takes advantage of the prize.

By moviebuff82, Jun 17, 2007

I remember when we were first introduced to the Prior's last season, all I could think about was the possibility of a Goa'uld blending with one of them, and becoming this powerful being; that notion sort of left my mind over the past season or so. Then Ba'al does just the thing I had imagined with a big twist; instead of the prior, he uses the Orici! Commanding a fleet as big and powerful as the Ori army would be the ultimate power play in the galaxy, and as usual he pulls it off very well. I did give this episode a 9, but I still had my questions. How is it that someone as powerful as Adria was able to fall victim to the mind control of a Goa'uld? Though Ba'al mentioned that it took a great deal of strength, I would think he would not have control for long. In fact I think the only thing holding Adria back was the inhibitor.

The plan to use the Tok'ra to use Adria to command her fleet to retreat was a pretty good plan, but it was too short lived. It of course was a way to bridge the gap of taking Adria from imprisonment by Ba'al to her inevitable ascension. This was of course an important step because it gave the Ori presence again, and really gave the Ori a face as did the introduction of Adria in the first place. We of course are unsure as to the fate of the Ori, but as SG-1 pointed out, either she joined the ranks, or she has assumed all the power they left behind. This episode was definitely a fine example of the SG-1 legacy. Though it was not the best ever, it was spot on with the formula that has been successful time and time again. Next week we are going to have a bitter-sweet moment, but from what I hear, it's a kick arse episode! Looking forward to next week!!moreless

Load More Reviews