Ethon

Episode Reviews (23)

Great

To much morale

By WesBar, Sep 01, 2012

This episode was in a way the worst episode that i have ever watched.

The whole time from the moment that the prometheus was destroyed, i expected that the team had some anger about the way they were treated or thier fallen friend, but no!!

Even when they had the chance to destroy the satalite and get some revenge for thier fallen team member they were stopped by Daniel being a dumbas in trusting these people .

The whole episode i was raging because of stupid things they did just because it was 'the right thing to do'. The evil captain in this episode was so obviously obsessed with the Ori and thier power and his action(powering the satalite on the end) was predicted.

The Tauri just screwed up this time by being to soft and weak facing enemies in battle.

They lost alot in this episode because they had to much compassion with the enemy and thier judgement was clouded by guilt.

I wish O'neil had been there. He would have said to destroy the satalite in the first place.

They always talk about the greater good and Daniel in the beginning already said to proceed with destroying the target no matter what.

moreless

Boom today.

By co_fragment, Mar 21, 2011

.Spoilers.

I wanted to put the heading as 'The episode where they blow up the Promethius" as that's about the only memorable part of the episode, but it's too much of a spoiler to leave sitting in full view...

While the world's politics and the Ori element aren't very deep, it sets the scene for a pretty cool showdown, as the Prometheus attacks the satellite the Ori have designed for the Rand. Again we see that much of the Earth and Asgard-derived technology is no match for Ori technology and how much the odds are stacked in the Ori's favour. I have to be honest that it was kind of fun to see the Earth forces go to basically boss the little guy around and get their butts handed to them.

Amazingly for Stargate, this time, nothing saves the day for the Prometheus and it gets quite memorably blown to pieces - although the crummy science has to be noted:

1. The 302s missile's leave a smoke trail. In space.

2. The Prometheus is seen burning. In space. I realize this might be explained by previously smoke-filled compartments being opened to space, but they don't get the benefit of that much doubt after the missiles.

The whole "did Sam make it off the ship" part was transparent melodrama and not on a par with the rest of the episode, plus we'd already seen the writer's do a surprisingly gutsy move by destroying the Prometius, they wouldn't kill her too. Then Daniel revealing that all they did was for nothing at the end, that the two nations just blew each other up would have been trite in the middle of the Cold War - never mind now.moreless

By gateatlantis, Mar 06, 2011

The Prometheus was destoyed. The Commander was lost on the ship when it exploded. The Prometheus was mostly likey taken out of stargate-sg1 because of the new eath battle ship. Steal they did not have to destoy the ship. I do not see how the weapon got through the asgard design shields. If i were the commander of SGC i would ask for help from the Jaffa High Council.

Another great episode of this great show.

By Data-Dox, Mar 06, 2011

The storylines from this episode was like most of the rest of this show. It wasn't all just filler, it pushed forward the on going story as well as bringing back storylines from long ago. The story arc and characters are what always brings me back to this show and makes me look forward to each comming week for the new episodes.

SG1 has new life with the ORI. The show is more entriguing than ever. I would argue that the show is better now than it ever was.

By jsommerfield, Mar 06, 2011

Great Episode. Always great to introduce a formitable enemy for whom you have little chance. I would compare the ORI to the BORG when they were first introduced to STNG. Before Rick Berman destroyed the series and the franchise. It will be interesting to see where they go with the story line now that the Prometeus was destroyed. Perhaps the old alliances of great races can be renewed. After all, we still have yet to meet the Furlings.

Oh My God, what an episode! You can never write off this great show!

By skusy_bug, Mar 06, 2011

In the past I've said SG-1 is past it's best, though this episode just proves otherwise. I as normal thought the Prometheus would be damaged, but back to fight another day, but NO! Oh My God, what a great twist!

It's also great to get back to a plot we've seen before; it proves you don’t need to keep finding a new world each episode. A few more like this episode and this may be the best season ever! Lets hope SG-1 can build a few of those weapons for earth!

I did like the twist at the end, that the deal was broken, just goes to prove not every plot has to have a happy solution.

Great Writing.moreless

Great episode. I would have given it a perfect 10, if it wasn't for one thing...

By Hungry_Homer111, Mar 06, 2011

This was a very good episode. This episode continues the story with the Ori, and brings back the story of the alien planet from the episode "Icon" from season 8.

This episode had some great action.

I loved the ending when they find out that the Rand fired on the Caledonians, which buried the stargate.

There is only one reason I didn't give it a perfect 10. That's because of the Prometheus being destroyed. It was the first ship that Earth was able to successfully make. And now it's gone, which is very sad. I will miss it.moreless

By Sue_Jackson, Mar 06, 2011

Wow.....what a dark and angsty ep that was. It\'s been a while since we\'ve seen such a serious ep. I truly had my eyes glued to the screen. I didn\'t want to take my eyes away for a second. I love Jared Kane. I think he was a wonderful character.

I was shocked and saddened when President Nadal fired the weapon upon the already neutralized Prometheus with Col. Pendergast on board. I even cried, and yelled, \"No!\" I didn\'t see that coming at all. Even though they didn\'t show it, I knew that Sam had to have beamed off already and made it safely on the planet. (Well.....because she\'s in the next ep. ) How sad to lose Pendergast, though. I really liked his character. Though, I did like that last scene with Cameron and Daniel, and how Cameron wrote a letter to Pendergast\'s family and that he died a hero.

Daniel has such a caring, thoughtful, and loving soul. Think this is what Sam meant when she said, \"One of the most caring, passionate...you\'re the type of person who would give his own life for someone he doesn\'t even know. If you had one fault, it was that you wanted to save people so badly, you wanted to help people so much, that it tore you apart when you couldn\'t make a difference.\" (Fallen, S7)

This is why I love Daniel. Daniel wanted so hard to make this right. He felt partly responsible for what has happened between the Rand and Caledonia. He wanted fix it. No matter what it took. Even after Prometheus was blown up with Pendergast still inside, even when it seemed we couldn\'t trust Nadal, even when Cameron had that window of opportunity to blow up the satellite weapon when they had the chance, Daniel still wanted to negotiate a peace and tried to make a deal with Nadal, giving him the benefit of the doubt. Then, Nadal broke the deal. (For some reason, though, I saw that coming) But, it looks like we won\'t be going back to that planet if the Gate is buried. Plus, from what Daniel said, it sounds like Rand and Caledonia both were destroyed. How sad.

Best quote:

Jared: \"Don\'t you ever quit?\"

Daniel: \"No.....not till I\'m dead....and sometimes not even then.\"

LOL! That made me giggle.

This ep......wow!

moreless

Fall of the Promethus and The Ori's New tactics.

By TankCop, Mar 06, 2011

This was the best way to show that not all worlds the SG visits turns out all better. They only helped to make a horrable situation even worse and could have marked the end of a entire world into a new nucker war!

The Ori offer high techology as aposed to The path to enlightenment is a new and good twist to the series. I can't wait to see how much futher this new aproch the Ori are going will take us.

The Promethus was a good ship and it was up aganst something beyond its ability to withstand and put up a vailent stuggle. It will be remebered!moreless

Load More Reviews