The Fourth Horseman (2)

Episode Reviews (18)

Superb

Anticlimactic... ... ...

By fallenangelii, Feb 20, 2011

After the end of "The Fourth Horseman Part 1" and the huge break, you'd expect a more spectacular 2nd part.

But it was kind of anti-climactic. The only big shocker was the fact that Gerak died, but even that was kinda anti-climactic.

As a standalone episode or a two-parter that DIDN'T have a huge break inbetween its parts, the score would'e been higher.

The only truly good part was the part where Orlinn had become senile. It was a tearjerker there.

Vala needs to come back soon. and put DANIEL in the main photo for SG-1, that's just redicules

By Data-Dox, Feb 20, 2011

With Jack gone the best the show has been since is with Daniel and Vala. While Sam and Tiel'c are still great, the writers seem to have 'grown' up their characters and seemed to have blacked out in their future developments. The show isn’t as good as it has been in the previous 8 seasons; it has been slipping for awhile, unfortunately. But it is still better than 95% of the rest of television out there now, if not more. The episode does further the story, it seems to somehow know something more than it did than episode 10, like they know where their going now so they’re gearing up to go. Looking forward to it.moreless

Well done episode.

By Moebius0405, Feb 20, 2011

It was a emotional episode, Landry/Lam conversation, Teal'c/Gerek, and Sam/Orlin at the retirement home. I also think this episode helped build more character to the cast. This is what I like about Stargate SG-1 (like Atlantis) the relationships between characters, the humor, adventure, this show has a little bit of everything.

Good episode but not the best

By dbrittain39, Feb 20, 2011

This episode wasnt really the best episode of the series that I have seen but was still a pretty good on. I liked how it showed that the Ori are not all powerful and that the Priors are still human. One thing that really got on my nerves was how the ending just seemed to come out of nowhere and was so quick, but they have done this on stargate before so im not suprised.

What Ori really want..

By Parricida, May 04, 2008

I do not know. I was not very much impressed. It was great story - all that Jaffa part - very heroic, very pushed to the edge - die free or live as slaves - taking the limits again. The adventure and excitement, trying to capture the prime.. it was great and Sam's involvement with that boy who was once Ancient. But even as all those great elements were there, it somehow did not worked for me. For many scenes they all looked like - someone walks in, they have brief talking, someone walks out.. next scene. It somehow made this episode feel like encapsulated. It went better in the end but...

And the colossal area where the virus went.. and how quickly they fixed it.. if it had been that Jaffa prime.. I would have take it.. but they made the medicine and cured everyone. Too ...moreless

Pretty Good.

By avi01, Jan 07, 2008

Well to be honest, at the start of this Season 9, I did not know if I would be able to say that buy I think that things are working out and this 9th season in actually a good idea. Of course, I still terribly miss O`Neill but overall the stories are good and characters are great.

This second part of the 4th horseman episdoe was better than the first part. So Gerek sacrifices himself....it looked like the character was heading to another direction but it was good. That character was pretty funny to me...probably due to the way he talked.

It`s a small victory over the Ori and we more importantly learn more about the quest of the Ori. Highly enjoyable episode.moreless

Better than part 1...

By green_arrow92, Apr 01, 2007

I had no problem with the first part but the second was way better. Daniel and Mitchell with the help of the Sodan capture a prior. Teal'c tries to convice Gerak that the Ori are false. What was really cool was being able to see General Hammond again. I wish he had never left the show. He and Landry are so different. Hammond is like the war hero while landry is more into the politics. Gerak's final words will always be remembered I really hated to see his character die. SG1 is able to find a cure because of Gerak and Orlin. The final scene with carter and Orlin is pretty sad because he does not remember her or anything. later...moreless

The SGC continues to search for a way to cure the disease devastating Earth. Meanwhile, Mitchell and Daniel test their new device on a Prior.

By Scorptilicus, Mar 21, 2007

After the disappointment of Part 1, Part 2 delivers. It's nice to see our heroes actually doing something and being able to take action that brings them closer to the solution rather than standing back and witnessing the problem get worse. In this episode, Mitchell and Daniel have a series of great scenes and nice back and forth with the Sodan and the captured Prior (played by X-Files favorite William B. Davis). When Landry catches the sickness we get a few good scenes between him and his daughter and even Carter's subplot with Orlin gets a little more resonance. That final scene with him in the mental home is a bit sad.

And how could I write this review without mentioning the wonderful return of Don S. Davis as General Hammond? Yes, he made an appearance last episode, but that was little more than a cameo. Here we actually get a full scene with him as he meets the new SG-1 and pretty much gives them his blessing. It's a touching moment and made me miss Hammond, in spite of my limited exposure to the character. A fine episode to wrap up the big problem and to kick off the second half of the season.moreless

A little progress...

By sammystevenson, Jul 12, 2006

It seems that overall, the two-part episodes are a lot more exciting than the others. This one may not be as exciting as most, but it still provides a lot of tense moments.

Earth has been infected by a Prior plague. while carter and an ancient in human form try to come up with a cure, Daniel and Mitchell attempt to capture a Prior.

Meanwhile, Teal'c and Bra'tac once again find themselves in a conflict with their fellow Jaffa.

This was a great episode for Teal'c, who until now had been very underused this season. The scene where he suggests to Bra'tac he would be the best person to lead the Jaffa was particularly touching.

It doesn't really come as a surprise, and I'm sure most viewers, like me, had already come to that conclusion a long time ago, but it was still nice to see it expressed.

They managed to turn one prior, and where one goes, more could follow, so it seems the first step toward stopping the Ori has been taken.moreless

Load More Reviews