Cloverdale

Episode Reviews (16)

Fair
6.3

Average person who is watching TV is stupid.

By Nikec3, Oct 17, 2011

I just simply don't understand what is so bad with this episode. OK, I understand that some viewers hate episodes like "Life", "Pain" and maybe even "Sabotage" and "Pathogen", but I simply can't understand them why they hate this episode.

As stargate fan I watched stargate sg-1, and stargate atlantis. I did really loved stargate sg-1, and first 3 seasons of stargate atlantis, but I hated last two seasons of atlantis. There were just to much filler episodes and episodes like "Identitiy" which is to me without a doub the worse episode on stargate ever. And now I'm reading reviews for this episodes, and I'm asking myself what is wrong with people? It seems like viewers only understand shooting and blowing things up. Such a shame.moreless

just an awfull episode

By BobThyer, Oct 17, 2011

just an awfull episode this TV show is very much starting to reminds me of Star Treks Deep Space Nine. Delivers very little by way of entertainment, boldly bumbeling along where no man has bumbled before, I'm very disapointed.

Rush, what is he doing,and how can they ALL be so blind to it, surly some one would ask him questions when he disapairs for long randome periods?

They come across one of the advance ships which puts star gates on planets in front of them. So far so good but now according to the story line they have this ship flying behind Destiny, so how is it they are finding planets with start gates on them as they go forward seemingly in front of the stargate ship???

The whole stargate story is slowly falling apart isant it :( I can see a disapointing end comming as with Lost. I'll continue to watch for now but this TV show is losing my interest fastmoreless

Lt. Scott becomes infected by a deadly spoor offworld and begins hallucinating about a life back on earth where he is getting married while his team on the alien planet attempts to save his life.

By JoeRude84, Oct 17, 2011

How the mighty have fallen... a plot disgracing of what we've come to expect from the Stargate Universe, and with some of the worst acting moments I have ever seen. How many times have our heroes in SG1 and SGA dealt with such very similar situations with far more dramatic and believable storylines? Did their compatriots ever give up so easily on Jack O'Neill, Daniel Jackson, John Shepherd or any other member of their team? No rebuffs that this is different because of the age of the characters and radically different circumstances of the SGU premise (I've been giving them that excuse for a whole season now); what we've come to appreciate and love about the Stargate Universe and indeed about many great television series like Stargate is the commitment to ideals higher than those we often act out here in our mundane, selfish, survival-first society. Couple that with some of the most contrived line readings ever captured on film (i.e. Chloe's self-sacrificing wounding and following moment with Eli--"They weren't going to let me stay") and it's near impossible to stay immersed in the story, or indeed the Stargate Universe itself. No, this has all the earmarks of a poorly-thought, contrived teen drama written to forcefully elicit an emotional response from a mindless mass; and worse, it fails so horribly not only at that simple goal, but it does not even attempt to move the season's plotline further--and in a season only 20-some-odd episodes long, you can't afford that kind of 'artistic' masturbation SGU might be an attempt to bring the young adult market into the Stargate Universe, but at what expense? Good storytelling should never be the cost. It denies the entire point of storytelling and it's insulting to its audience.moreless

Very bad episode, has nothing to do with Stargate concept and the plot is more like soap opera than sci-fi.

By xware, Oct 17, 2011

Definitively, a very bad episode, the analogy between marriage fantasy and attack of alien plant in reality has no sense, even considering the relationship between Chloe and Matthew. If I want to see a soap-like series, Gossip Girl could be a choice. I think Stargate Universe lost completely the concept of a sci-fi series on this episode, not to mention the Stargate idea. And why one alien pathogen would be immune to alien plant from another planet? Why this idea wouldn't apply to humans? After all, we are from an alien plant to every other species. Seems that writers didn't have a clue about the episode finale, and came with a card behind the sleeve that has no justification what so ever.moreless

Pointless Episode, that doesnt fit in with the general storyline

By LanceRagobar, May 01, 2011

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Pointless Episode, that doesnt fit in with the general storyline. With all the problems they have going on the ship, why are they out exploring?

Two characters shouldnt been on that mission also

-Chole should be in some kind of quarantine and

-Rush would never go on the mission becuase of current work with Destiny's Bridge systems.

Very poor work from the writers. Do not waste time watching this episode.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x xmoreless

Another episode about a toxin that makes you hallucinate?

By luttman23, May 01, 2011

Another episode about a toxin that makes you hallucinate? I was hoping that after the first season they'd realise they needed to make serious adjustments to the stories and story telling methods, this episode is so bad someone needs to be fired.

What happened to the sense of fun SG used to have? What happened to the crazy stories and sense of purpose?

The only reason I continue to watch SG:U is because I'm sure the producers will eventually realise their mistakes and make a real SG series out of this mess. This episode makes me seriously worry for its future.moreless

An all time low for a mediocre series.

By paulr37, May 01, 2011

Look, why do I watch SciFi programs? Remember that question.

When Lt. Matthew Scott is infected by a 'Triffid' he creates a reality/dream world where he is about to be married to Chloe Armstrong. His mind creates roles for the crew of Destiny in his dream that help him make sense of his relationships with them in the real world. I think that's what it's about!

This episode is as dull as ditch-water, mind-numbingly tedious and to put it bluntly boring. And apart from the bit at the end, which I won't spoil, does not advance the plot one jot.

So back to the question, why do I watch SciFi? Why don't I watch all the soaps? I'll tell you why: To avoid dross like this. I don't care about how Scott feels about his relationship with Eli. NOT INTERESTED. Look, how many people watch SGU for the relationships between the characters and how many watch for action-packed and exciting science based stories? And yet the production team gives us this crud.

So, no exciting revelations about Destiny. No mysterious aliens. Just soap. Well I wash my hands of it. Goodbye SGU.............moreless

Disgusting! On the other side of the universe all they have are toxic plants that cause allucinations? No black holes, no other sort of lives, nothing new in Destiny, not a challenging adventure, not a common enemy, no new devices, nothing!?

By JooAmaral, May 01, 2011

Disgusting! On the other side of the universe all they have are toxic plants that cause allucinations again and again? No black holes, no other sort of lives, nothing new in Destiny, not a challenging adventures, not a common enemy, no new devices, no nothing? You gotta be kidding me! This will end once and for all the STARGATE series! That is truly a shame! SG1 and Atlantis were so amazing, but SG-U is really throwing away all the gorgeous work done before! In this way, I doubt there will be a third season of SG-U! That is really a pity! They could explore an inffinity of things being in a total unknown zone (almost another universe), and all we see is almost the same thing every week. Too bad! :-(moreless

Every week I pray for characters to get killed. I am once again disappointed.

By Cyborg5989, May 01, 2011

Maybe it's just me, but after watching this show religiously for the last season and 5 episodes, I've come to realize that there are simply NO characters I truly like or respect.

Most of the military personnel (Young and Greer in particular) come off as gung-ho, impulsive, domineering jerks. They consistently disregard advice from wiser consultants (civilian scientists) in favor of their own testosterone fueled plans, which seem to be geared more towards showing all the weaklings "who's in charge here" than actually accomplishing anything effectively.

Dr. Rush, while miles more intelligent than the marines, apparently was never taught how to interact with people, and as a result just comes off as a jerk as well.

Scott is a back-woods airheaded redneck in uniform who happens to have a nice six-pack that the cameramen just can't get enough of. His character consists of sleeping with Chloe...in every episode. Apparently all the sex they have has magically converted into a full-blown, emotionally committed relationship now. What a load of crap.

Chloe is a confused, childish, and ignorant girl. She likes having sex with Scott a lot, and the writers make sure to remind us of that fact every chance they get. She is the very picture of the average 18-25 year old girl - impulsive, belligerently oblivious to logic, and way too obsessed with "hot guys in uniform". (Yes, I am one of "those nerds" who has suffered - like Eli - at the hands of girls like this, so my opinion is biased)

Eli is the only character in the show who doesn't drive me nuts, probably because he's the only one who doesn't consciously make decisions that he knows are going to irritate or hurt other members of the crew. He's smart, respectful, and modest. This said, he's terrible at standing up for himself. He basically gets pushed around by everyone, from Chloe's appalling disregard for his emotions (after he saved her pathetic life on several occasions) to the civilian scientists snapping at him like he's an idiot for suggesting some radical solution to an urgent situation. Simultaneously, his greatest strength and weakness is that he's one of the few people on board who DOESN'T want to be "in charge". (Don't even get me started on that asian lady, Camille)

In any case - this episode [SPOILERS]...

The message of this episode is (as far as I can tell) as follows: "If you take advantage of a girl's grief at losing her dad and sleep with her a lot, she will fall in love with you after 25 episodes."

Honestly, ask yourself: how many genuine, emotionally intimate moments have we seen between Scott and Chloe? Maybe one in last week's episode when she finally confronted him about their "relationship"? Let's face it: Scott's in this to get some action, and that's about it. While he does confront a lot of these feelings during this episode, I hardly think his eventual revelations are enough to justify that ridiculous ending.

The bottom line: Their whole relationship up to this point has been based on sex. Sex != Love. Eli needs to grow a pair.

I was SO hoping Scott would die in this episode. I cheered when Chloe let herself get stung. Once I realized they were both going to live, i screamed in blind rage and pounded my fist into the coffee table repeatedly.

It's still a mystery to me why I continue to watch this. I loved SG1 and Atlantis, but I simply can't get behind a show where almost all the characters are just plain unlikable. Hopefully everyone gets killed off next week, and Gen. O'Neil magically appears and takes command of the ship for the remainder of the series.

Failgate Universemoreless

Am I the only one who liked this episode? I'm involved in the characters, I found it all interesting and the end emotional fulfilling. A bit sad also

By derrickkendall, Mar 15, 2011

I must be one of the few who loved this episode. Let me first say that i've watched every episode of SG1 and Atlantis. This show clearly feels different and sure there are some slow boring episodes (Especially here and there early in season 1). Also the whole parasite posession has been done before but IMO it still felt fresh

Perpahs I just got into the show now and if so and this episode felt to you how some of the early ones felt to me (aka boring) then i certainly know how you feel. I'm involved in the characters and I found it all interesting and the end emotional fulfilling. A bit sad also. I look forward to whatever has possesed Chloe and now Matt being explained. I found the way they went back and forth to dream and reality also interesting

I've had my fair share of episodes that made me think the show is doomed. This was not one of themmoreless

Load More Reviews