Episode Reviews (7)

one of the first reviews i read about this show

By arsnel, Oct 29, 2011

the first review i read said they went back to much filling in bits and bobs but if u ask me the best bit are when they fill in and the only reason the last few episodes have had load of fillers is becuase there being canceled and there trying to relase whole seasons in one episode so they have to do loads of filler all at once bucuace they can't do them later on still can't belive its getting canceled

oh and realy can't wait to see what they have planed for the movie about atlantis season there still waiting for the go ahead but sounds great "exstingtion" it been Mothballed but there still a chane and the other movie i waiting to sdee about is "stargate revolution" also mothballed but still a chance well they have to do somthing after univse so they probaly will wait a while before doing anything elsemoreless

It simply boils down to...

By Exavion, Jun 02, 2011

Money. It's business. The show is being cancelled because its not being viewed enough. It sucks, but what can we do? SGU ranks among the top shows of all time (for the second season at least) but even if it was the best show every created by humanity, if it still got low ratings (it goes over the heads of a lot of people) it would get axed.

I can't entirely blame the executives and suits. They aren't in it to go broke. I blame the people for not watching better quality entertainment. I can't believe how popular crappy reality TV and WWE is.moreless

Arriving at the devastated home world the crew of Destiny discover a bunker complete with supplies and medical information that could drastically improve the lives of everyone on board.

By Aegaeon_33, Jun 02, 2011

Well, it seems that we are just about at the end of the stargate rope - and the only ones to blame are the creators of stargate - for trying to have their cake and eat it too.

I read recently someone said the show probably would have survived if they hadn't called it stargate - and this is the real kicker - they're probably right.

Calling the show SGU automatically got all the old fans involved and automatically alienated those who avoid scifi. My partner is the 2nd type - avoids scifi - but sat down and watched this episode with me out of boredom - and guess what - enjoyed it. But it was conditional enjoyment - the drama was what was enjoyed and the comment was made that the show needed more drama!!! OMG - i wanted to quietly throttle someone.

For the first 12 months this show was all drama - and the audience they reached out to with the name SGU dont want the drama. So i conclude yes - the name of the show was its death warrant.

If they had called it Destiny, just Destiny, people could have had the chance to give the show a go without preconceptions. I mean, have the stargate and all that but dont call it stargate. i.e. Caprica.

Dont get me wrong - i would have walked away from the show earlier without the stargate name - but i wasn't the audience they were looking for. Instead, they did the only thing they could and brought more science to the fiction - further alienating the true audience the show was aimed at - the same audience that is obsessed with the WWF.

But alas, this is all too late - the show is gone. And probably all hopes of US space based scifi for the foreseable future. Dont discount the Europeans yet - their currencies are growing stronger so investment from the UK could see us in space again soon.

I digress, for anyone thinking about watching this show - skip to episode 7 - Time - and watch from there.

I admit - it is a pity because the show has become exceptional in this last season - and this has to speak volumes about the ratings system and or the target audience - SGU dropped to 680,000 viewers at one point recently - even though the show is the best its ever been.

Download and watch it in 720p and be amazed at the rich colour palettes and effects. It is beautiful.

Oh and to the writers and producers of these shows - we like humour, science, action, adventure, complicated stories and meaning in our plots. What we dont like is random sex scenes or over dramatised interaction. Why did you have to do the sex thing? I have a large family and i know for a fact that most friday nights for members of my family with their own families is spent watching stargate with the kids solely because there is no sex in the show. Silly Billy's.

Overall - SGU will be remembered as a failed experiment - but a noble one. The show is rewatchable and the shortness of its seasons means it will become a treasure to many, like Firefly, i'm just sad because it could have become a legend like TNG.

Wanna save the show - tell everyone to watch the last 2 episodes - everyone - that's you America - switch over for one hour and make 1 million people very happy.moreless

Watching in wonder how well the storyline is unfolding ... and having the same thoughts as all the others on how could this show be cancelled vs. the reality garbage that is shown ...

By 777_CB, May 04, 2011

... As previously mentioned - not an exciting episode, but really cool in seeing from where the community developed. Small things - like the wooden bowls on the tables ... very well done! Still - some intrigue in what Rush was up to again - on his own mission - but for the greater good. It is really sad to see this one go as the actors are perfect for their characters & the storytelling has been fantastic over the last dozen-or-so episodes. I watch many different TV shows (never reality nor sitcoms) and many times it's 'merely on'. This one, I sit back & really watch it!!!moreless

Why oh why is this show getting canned?

By Shredmastahflux, May 01, 2011

We all know Universe had a rocky start. Some episodes in season 1 were just plain bad, but no one in their right mind can deny the show has made a complete 180. Ever since it came back for the 2nd half of season 2 its like a whole new show. This episode was no exception, as we got to see how things would of played out/did play out for the destiny crew if they were stranded. Most of it was pretty predictable with all the hookups, babies, etc etc but it was still very interesting to see how they built a society from the ground up. I especially liked how Eli became a teacher.. talk about setting your future generations on the right track with knowledge lol. Overall not exactly an 'exciting' episode but it was very entertaining to watch and it finally.. finally feels like a Stargate show. My final words for this review are a big F U to syfy or whatever they call themselves these days with their WWE and reality crap. We need a new sci fi channel to pick up the slack and not cancel every decent show..moreless

As with all good shows story lines get intense towards the end of the season. This is a seriousley good show now.

By cerberouse, Apr 30, 2011

How could you possibly watch this episode and not constantly be woundering "holy s**t whats gonna happen next". How the hell can they be cancelling this show ? The visuals are epic and convincing, now theyve actually got into the Sci-Fi thing this is a seriousley watchable series and the possibilities for what could be coming up in the future is unbelievable. You cant help but watch these last episodes and be both intrigued by whats going on and totally pissed that some dumbass behind a desk somewhere thinks that this has no future. They decided to cancel half way through season 2, but they'ed already seen what we hadn't and they decided to cancel ? what dumbass makes these desicions ?moreless