Static Shock

Show Reviews (72)

Great

This show got me into superheroes and when Saturday morning cartoons were worth watching

By Gryphon-Guide, Apr 28, 2014

Original in so many ways and a real treat to watch. I loved watching how the characters and plots developed and so many action sequences with very interesting villains. The main character Virgil/Static was sure funny and smart. He faces numerous foes and can use his power in so many ways. Not only that, but he is still in high school. This show got me interested in superheroes. For the longest time I didn't really care much for them.

About this series

By JordanWelch, May 26, 2013

It had great music score in Season 3.

Season 5 and 6 That Should Have Been a Long Time a Go

By JacksonCarrol, Apr 10, 2013

Could Have Made Wonder Woman Batgirl Nightwing and Supergirl Appear in the Series a Long Time a Go.

Oh Will is Only a Series

Only 9 words to say!

By Lyoko88, Mar 18, 2013

I only have 9 words to say: I PUT A SHOCK IN YOUR SYSTEM, STATIC SHOCK!

I'd Loved if this show would come back on the hub showing reruns

By DeangeloHill1, Jan 19, 2013

This had me struck when i was a kid and it was still active static shock had me hooked he was at least 3rd behind Spider-Man and The Flash The show acually had a great plot and all with Bang Babies and other stuff but all isn't lost because Static Shock real name Virgil Hawkins was in a couple of The hit series Young Justice episodes but i hope he's all ready a super hero before he starts dressing up in the show but overall the show was great i still watch it to this day i acually find the Cross-Overs with Super-Man and Batman-Man and The Justice League and I loved itmoreless

Why don't they continue it

By artemide68, Dec 21, 2011

I am a bored 17 year old teen who started watching cartoon shows as means of procrastination.. but as soon as i started following this series I completely fell in love with it. The characters are original, the voice acting is AMAZING, and compared to the other shows i had watched it looked half as ***ed. There were some moments where I could strongly relate to the situations, and I loved the fact that the aim was not only to entertain but to educate, and that there were serious themes hidden beneath the kid-approved content. For some reason this show just gave me happiness as i saw Virgil struggle against the death of his mother, always following the right path... It is a real shame that after 52 episodes it has to end... there could have been so much more content....

I read that the show was cancelled right after the death of the writer, to which I give enourmous props.... I do understand the fact that hiring a new writer might compromise the spirit behind the show.. but the show CAN be continued if competent people are chosen...

I seriously wonder why they do not do some new seasons after all of the speculation and re-makes this industry has done. Hey guys, easy source of money right here, Y U NO TAKE ADVANTAGE!!!!?????moreless

Bring Static Back!

By SailorHeart234, Dec 20, 2011

I love Static Shock, Gear's my favorite character, I just wish they would put the show back on the air. The world needs this show they should just put the show back with new episodes or something, Static should be on the HUB channel like Batman.

A nice superhero show that I grew up watching.

By Weezing101, Apr 21, 2011

This was a show that I used to wake up every Saturday morning to see on Kids WB. Static Shock, Jackie Chan Adventures, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, and The Batman were some of my favorite tv shows and they all appeared on Kids WB every Saturday morning. Static Shock was different from other comic book and superhero cartoons. It was a fresh, new series at it's time and it was actually based on the comic book series of the character. I think this show was also unique in the fact that the main character was an African-American. Yes, am African-American was the superhero of the series and his sidekick was Caucasian. I really enjoyed this series and I recomend it to everyone.moreless

Dwayne's Best Work.

By JLUmember1, Jan 28, 2011

Bring the series back!

The series should have never been cancled and Static was the greatest superhero show on Kid's WB! and deserves better then that!

Some of my favorite episodes are The Big Leagues, Future Shock, A League of Their Own, Kid Napped and Jimmy.

The series was Dwayne's best work and I'm glad he wanted the series to be animated. The series could have never been better and I think that it definatly should have been better so only 3 words.

Bring it Back!

Who's with me? Bring the series back! Kid's WB, Bring the series back. It shouldn't have been cancled.moreless

Load More Reviews