Stripperella

Show Reviews (7)

Great

I love this show although i was only seven or eight when it was on i loved it.

By Cutthedinosawrs, Sep 06, 2008

This show stripperella was really short lived .which is actually too bad.Because we have the beauty of Pam Anderson and the nice voice but not her acting LOL.anyways i thought the show had a good concept i thought it was pretty original but apparentley it wasnt canceled for low ratings but because of a stupid argument which is bad because this show COULD have had some potential.there was supposed to be a comic book but that was canceled to. I hate that theres nothing but the season one dvd. but i guess ill make the best of what i can..for nowmoreless

Great all around

By ssimonds1, Jul 08, 2007

This is just what I would expect from Stan Lee, and I say that as an old school Marvel Comic fan.

Stripperella, is reminiscent of the humor found in the Horward the Duck comics back in the 70's. Stan deffinatly knows super heros and for that reason there is no better person to pardoy them. Pamela Anderson was perfectly cast (never thought those words wold pass my lips) as Stripperella/Erotica Jones. Voice over greats Maurice LaMauche and Tom Kenny help fill out the cast, with a little help from Stan Lee himself. The writting and animation were top notch.

Too bad Spike TV got out of the animated series business.moreless

Waaayyy awesome! Bring it back!

By Zoot_Lives, Jun 16, 2006

It was awesome and had a good plot. Even though it was censored it was still good. I like it because it reminds me of Teen Titans..I guess with the fighting and stuff? I don't know. And brings to the fact..why did it get cancelled? there was like a million stories and they were all different. Who knows..the only people who might know is Stan Lee and the people who helped make the show. I guess thats what you can say.

I guess if you like anime like I do then you might like this show.

They should bring it back.moreless

By sicon72, Mar 28, 2006

This is a extremely witty and sexy show.this a good show with funny jokes and hot babes and strippers only watched it once but am going to watch it heaps more i like the strippers and plot. Bring on the babes.ever since i watched it i heave liked it due to the ladies and plot

I WANT MORE SEXY STRIPPER/SUPER HERO ACTION!

By TankCop, Aug 06, 2005

This was a VERY HOT series.

Lots of naked animted hot strippers.

I didn't know Stan Lee was into this stuff! ^_^

This show NEEDS a series.

But this time FULL Nudity!

Naked asses not just naked breasts!

More girls. More hot girl villains. More action and more comidy.

This series was ahead of its time.

Ok, this show is about a stripper (Erotica Jones) who turns into a super hero (Stripperella). Clearly we should be expecting sex and campy humor. Clearly we're getting it.

By TVTome_John, Jun 22, 2005

You know how some kids cartoons are written to work on two levels? There's the slapstick, toilet humor that gets the kids laughing and the cultural, political or subtle innuendo for their parents. Well imagine that situation reversed. An animated show where the innuendo is so overt it can't rightly be called innuendo and the majority of the jokes are spoofs of the classic spy movie cliches. And then throw in some slapstick and toilet humor for the adults who can't get it.

TNN "warns" that the show is rated CFFA "Cartoons for F**kin Adults - put away the kids". Actually it's rated TV-MA but the (please can't we be Spike TV) network probably thinks that isn't cool enough. Even given that and it's late night timeslot it's a bit surprising what they get away with. Think pole dancing strippers, lap dances, gratuitous nipples, upskirt camera shots ... you get the picture. They did put the little blur boxes on the topless girl though.

And the campy humor really doesn't disappoint either. The show is packed from begining to end with cut-ups of the classic spy movie cliches. The villain cackles "I'll see you soon ... in the Obituaries" only to have the camera pull back and show him surrounded by onlookers. Erotica leaps over a wall and changes into Stripperella and explains at length that she's just arrived and wasn't there already. The spy headquarters is chock full of sliding doors and transforming walls which hides a tiny old TV (they spent all the money on the wall).

Stripperella is sure to be a hit at the fraternity houses, but what about the rest of us. Well if you hear it's about a crime fighting stripper and think "Wow, that's cool" you'll love it. If you're offended by blatant sex jokes, outrageously curvy cartoon women, politically incorrect humor or low brow slapstick you'll probably hate it. Ultimately though, Stripperella delivers all that it promises. But yes, please do hide the kids.

moreless