Stump the Schwab

Show Reviews (10)

Good
7.8

Contestants vie to beat the Sultan of Sports Trivia, the Schwab, as Stuart Scott hosts.

By mrballer10, Apr 27, 2007

"Stump the Schwab" is a fantastic show for the same reason any trivia show is: the questions. After all, no matter what gimmick you try to throw onto a trivia show, it always comes down to the quality of the questions. The questions on "Stump the Schwab" are well-written, fair, and show a wide variety of subjects within the sporting world. That having been said, the gimmick used in the show works. The Schwab is an absolutely dominant figure in sports trivia, and just like in anything else, it is fun to watch the greaest perform. This is a fun way to waste a half-an-hour and a great conversation piece to watch with friends.moreless

Sure, who wouldn't want to see the same person do the same thing all the time?

By Lokar, Oct 20, 2006

There's this guy who works at the network. And he looks up all our stuff for us. Let's have him look and dress like a pubescent teen who doesn't clean his room. And let's have him answer trivia questions against people who have no way of knowing as much stuff as he does.

It'll be as much fun as crushing ants with a hammer!

Really. It says a lot that the idea of having its own in-house researcher be the one and only permamenent panelist on a trivia show didn't set off alarm bells in the ESPN concept department the minute this feat of stupidity was written down. Hello, 1950s quiz show scandals, anyone? Conflict of interest? Anybody?... Ah, it's no use.

Since they will never displace him from the show, what on Earth is the point in the first place?

Anything more boring and obnoxious than this might actually destroy space and time.moreless

It's my new show to watch.

By tvfanatic91, Oct 06, 2006

What a great idea. This show is unoriginal and very fun to watch. Stuart Scott and the Schwab are a great and hilarious team. The show starts off with leading off. I think this is a very neat little game. You can learn a lot in very little time if you watch this game on the show. Then afterwards voting one of then playing another one and voting another off leaving one left. Afterwards the Schwab then plays hard to try to beat the last contestant left. Stu Scott does a great job hosting the show, in my opinion. All I can say is this show is my new show to watch.moreless

I find it very enjoyable watching people try to stump the schwab

By paulmolly4, Sep 06, 2006

It is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very good showmoreless

A dream come true for Sports fans.

By Sarpotron, Aug 01, 2006

Truely "Stump the Schwab" is a god-send for those of us with a sports fetish. Sort of the "Jeopardy" for sports, "Schwab" pits three contestants from arround the country versus ESPN's head statistical anylist, and resident genius. Although defeated on a handfull of occasions, Howie Schab for the most part is unbeatable.

The one drawback is the hosting by "Sportcenter's" Stuart Scott. His tired and silly rhetoric is somehow even worse than his normal schtick on Sportscenter. The show could be served better by (honestly) any of the networks other anchors and reporters.

The "Schwab" himself = 10 out of 10. Stu Scott, a mere 5. So we'll give this wonderfull little program a 7.5.moreless

Who the heck thought of this weird quiz show about sports?

By musicman23, Jul 28, 2005

Stump the schawb,........ A quiz show where 3 people compete against some guy named schawb. OK.

Well i think it is a kool quiz show about sports and can get pretty funny. Like when one guy got eliminated the host said "On your way out you can pick up your schawby ice sculpture" YEA... OK

If you want to know anything about sports, watch this.

By axleatherman, Jul 17, 2005

Stump the Schwab brings a man who can answer anything about sports, whether it be baseball, football, golf, basketball, even lacrosse, he can answer it. The show brings three people who try to outsmart the Schwab. It's only been done few times, as the old saying goes "anything can happen." Great show if you want to anything about sports.

Better put your thinking cap on for this show.

By geaux321, Jun 09, 2005

The Schwab is an amazing sports guy. He knows things he probably shouldn't know. I though I knew some sports trivia until I saw this show. This guy is unbelievable, he knows his numbers. Three contestants come in to try and stump him to win some money. The first round consists of a long list of people the contestants and the Schwab go in order naming them. The contestant with the lowest score is eliminated. The second round varies. There are many different types of questions. The third and final round is a heads up competition with the Schwab. The Schwab and contestant pick a question from four different categories worth a point value: 1, 2, and 3 points. Each contestant also has one pass if they don't know the question. If you get three strikes, you lose.

This show makes you think and is fun to play along with for the questions you know.moreless

Great quiz show covering all areas of sports. My wife digs it too.

By raulk, Jun 02, 2005

I watch this show with my wife - we both learn so much during every Schwab session. Schwab is amazing - I thought I knew a lot about sports. You need to check this show out on ESPN. Only once, did we see someone actually stump the Schwab - quite impressive...they even cover horse-racing..