Suits: Watch Louis Threaten Mike in the New Trailer for Season 3B (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

Jan 18, 2014

USA's legal drama Suits returns March 6 with the final six episodes of Season 3, and we've got your first look at what's coming up for the men and women of Pearson Specter. 

According to series creator Aaron Korsh, Louis Litt's (Rick Hoffman) discovery in "Stay" that Mike doesn't have an acceptance letter from Harvard will permeate through the rest of the season and affect every one of the characters. "There's resolve, but the writers created a deeper, more dangerous element to Mike's story," Hoffman said. 

Scotty, played by Abigail Spencer, will also feature heavily in the final six episodes, as Harvey tries to figure out how to have a relationship with a co-worker. 

Now press play and get excited, because Suits will be back before you know it!

Other fun facts and quotes from the show's panel at the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour:

– "I don't even play a lawyer on TV, I play a fake lawyer on TV." —Patrick J. Adams joking about being nervous when talking to real lawyers

– Speaking of talking to real lawyers, Meghan Markle, who plays Rachel, said that one thing she often hears is that no paralegal would be able to afford the clothes that Rachel wears—nor would they be allowed to wear them. 

– Suits' pilot was originally about investment bankers, because Korsh used to be one. That why the word "shit" was used so often—"that's how investment bankers talk."

– Gabriel Macht said that "someone's life will be in danger" when the series returns. Any guesses as to who that might be?

– Macht's real-life father Steven Macht guest-stars as an ethics professor in the second episode back. 

– Macht is known for devolving into giggle fits on the set. "I find just life in general very funny," he said. "I think we're all just a bunch of monkeys."

The final six episodes of Suits' third season will debut on Thursday, March 6 at 9pm on USA.

• Comments (24)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • pashao Feb 05, 2014

I've got a whole month to re-watch the season. I cannot wait for Suits to return. White Collar has finished for the season and I need my good looking guys in suits fix. (I'm really not that shallow). Both shows are awesome.

• JT_Kirk Jan 19, 2014

Louis coming after Mike is less interesting than what Louis will do to Harvey regarding Mike.
    Ugh, Scottie, why? They keep bringing her back and they keep forgetting to make her a character, she's just a plot device to get under Harvey's skin.

The tone of that trailer (which didn't have much new content in it, I believe) was pretty dark, I hope the actual episodes continue to strike a solid balance because this show is as fun as it is compelling.

• vampman87 Jan 19, 2014

So... 95% of the scenes in this trailer are from seasons 1, 2, and 3A. Only thing I saw that was new were Mike and Rachel kissing in the new apartment, Donna sitting in Harvey's seat and Scottie flirting with Harvey. Pretty sure Louis won't figure out Mike's secret considering season 4 was just announced for another 16 episodes. I feel like he'll SUSPECT, send Katrina to find out Mike's secret, Katrina will learn the secret but flat out fall for Mike, and report to Louis that Mike's legit but hold that lie over Mike's head and use it to force Mike to break up with Rachel.

Also... BRING BACK THE CASE OF THE WEEK FORMAT! The season long story arc case was BORING! Make the characters do a bunch of little cases until the penultimate episode, then hit them with a 2 episode case that DOESN'T end with Harvey merely saying "I'm sorry." (Seriously, THAT'S how the Hessington oil lawsuit ends? Even Travis Tanner thought that was bullsh#t!)

• DavidJackson8 Jan 19, 2014

"Millions of fans can't be wrong."

Ugh, what a terrible thing to put in your trailer. That's amateur stuff. Plus, American TV in particular (especially since the reality TV boom) has continuously proven that millions of fans are often wrong.

• kavselj Jan 19, 2014

Much like CBS likes to throw around the word Top. Just 2 weeks ago they were boasting how they have Top new drama called Intelligence... And then week 2 came :P

American commercials in general thrive on making everything look like it's the best there is.

• Neejan Jan 19, 2014

"bunch of monkeys" LOL

• fangtasiaforev Jan 19, 2014

I can't wait until March. I love this show!

• ctlonghorn Jan 19, 2014

"Speaking of talking to real lawyers, Meghan Markle, who plays Rachel, said that one thing she often hears is that no paralegal would be able to afford the clothes that Rachel wears—nor would they be allowed to wear them."

Can't speak to the allowed to wear them, but I imagine any paralegal whose parents have the money Rachel's does would have a similar wardrobe unless she was on the outs with them.

• thekaitling Jan 19, 2014

Funny you say that: That's what Markle said too! She comes from money, but apparently people don't think about that.

• KayWatkins Jan 18, 2014

Um, did anyone see any NEW footage in that clip??

• DavidJackson8 Jan 19, 2014

I think one scene was new. Not sure though.

• jasten Jan 18, 2014

Luis better be treated better.. if not I'm fully out. I could barely watch the last season because of his treatment.

• vampman87 Jan 19, 2014

"I Want You To Want Me" was the most aggrivating episode ever. Louis did everything RIGHT (sought permission from a grudge-bearing Harvey, worked side by side with Mike, treated Mike to a mud bath when they were losing, saw the movie Mike was constantly referencing, even baked Mike a CAKE) and yet Harvey shows up at the last second, DOESN'T apologize for his douchebag behavior, says "come back to me, and Mike runs back to him, no questions asked, leaving Louis in the dust... Up till that point, Louis had pretty much deserved all the crap that was given to him, but he's changed so much since his evil season 1 self and he REALLY didn't deserve that.

• rishabhpb Jan 18, 2014

There are shows about which millions of fans can be wrong. Not this one though.

• See More Comments (2)