Adventures in Babysitting

Episode Reviews (20)

Great

Going strong

By angeland8, Sep 21, 2014

We still mourn Bobby, but it was a decent episode.

Loved Kriisy and I would definitely like to see her again!!!

keep on going

By marlajulia, Dec 05, 2013

The monsters of the week in this one were okay, just the right thing to get back to "regular work" after Bobby's death, and a break from the Leviathans; plus some family issues for Dean to deal with and relate to getting a glimpse of hope that those two will turn out better.

The ending was great, and awfully sad Dean trying to keep it up, to keep going and hide the pain and desperation... :-/

Good episode

By AnneKeane, Aug 24, 2012

Did a good job showing the transition from grieving (and still grieving) over Bobby, to getting back to helping others on the side. My favorite part of this episode was the teenage girl, Krissy, because we finally got a glimpse into the next generation of Hunters, and to see the parallels in the different generation of hunters (Dean and Sam, Frank, Krissy's dad and herself), and how different events have shaped them into who they are (or who they could/will grow up to be), makes for a very compelling episode.

I also liked the funny banter between Krissy and Dean. It was sad to see Dean so worn out when talking to her, yet funny at the same time because of the girl's strong personality and impertinent youth, which served to rankle Dean.

Ended with a hopeful note for the girl, and a bittersweet note for Dean when he's driving in the car and struggling between crying and smiling.

Episode had a great plethora of things (plot, character development, humour, emotions, action, twists, etc.)moreless

Really good overall, but ...

By lilmisstx, Mar 16, 2012

Most of this episode was pretty great. How they finally let us know that Bobby is gone, was poignant and well-acted and the first scene with the hunter and this week's baddies was well-acted as well. The best moment though? Dean in his technician uniform and hardhat. We all know Jensen is hott ... but wowee! =)'

For me, the problem was with the annoying extras.

The old guy and the girl just made me want to grind my teeth. Why do they have to be so over the top? Actually, I like over the top, so I guess the better question is why do these characters have to have such annoying personalities? Also, the scene meant to be the climatic meeting of our heroes and monsters was either so badly acted or so badly edited, that it took away from what otherwise could have been a much better story and episode overall. Oh, and the ending scene where Dean and Sam are in the car? What was it with the lights flashing by them? They were distracting and did not look at all like anything real or that I have driven by. This does not really make for bad TV I guess, it's just that I once expected so much more from every scene in Supernatural.

Nice try, and much better than recent episodes, but still not quite the SN of Seasons 1-5.moreless

The beer! (Spoiler)

By xs31823, Feb 13, 2012

Dean's full bottle of beer suddenly becomes empty. It is drunk...by a ghost. Bobby has chosen to become a ghost! Oh Bobby! Overall, a very moving episode. It is even more moving than when John died. I hate the writers toying with our characters like that. Not only that, the funny moments, the sad moments, the thought-provoking moments and the witty dialogues all blend so well in this episode. It seems that Supernatural has just started to get better! Bravo!! =)moreless

Interesting

By dreamgoat, Feb 07, 2012

It's always good to see an episode of supernatural. Sam decides to help a girl find her father that is also a hunter, this is when Dean and Sam split up and Dean is looking for Dick Roman. Pretty cool to watch some vampire haven't seen those as much, but I had thought it to be great writing and the show was good.

What a disgust

By MichelBressan, Jan 14, 2012

sara gumbe is back.

She killed bobby

she kille d the impala

she killed the rock 'n' roll

i'm thinking she really wanna kills supernatural as well!

Same old story, without a meaning, with one of the wrost character EVR (the stupid inuseful girl kid). " One of the wrost series retourn ever.

Baby Sitter's Club (Spoilers Ahead)

By Neksmater, Jan 13, 2012

After Bobby's departure from this world it was to be expected that this episode would be a little depressing but Supernatural managed to balance the character development rather well considering. The episode followed Dean's search for the meaning of the numbers Bobby left them from Dick Roman's files as well as a re-teaming with Kevin who gets much more development beyond just being crazy this time around. Monster of the week wise two creatures called Vetala's from Hindu mythology grab a hunter who has a daughter who calls Bobby's number but since he's dead Sam decides to go out and help the girl's dad. Sam tracks the case her father was working but finds himself captured as well. Dean and Frank's number decryption leads them to a field in Wisconsin where Dick Roman is supposedly building something. Dean is brought into the mix of Sam's disappearance when the young girl calls with the number Sam told her to call if he didn't check in. Dean begrudgingly goes to rescue them with resistance from the girl. But the two establish a mutual rapport that makes her kind of a cool side character. When Dean gets in over his head with the Vetalas she comes to the rescue (a little trope-ishly I might add) with the whole "ooh she had a knife bit" and a side note how many times are the brothers going to use the whole "motel closet behind some clothing as a way to make it look like research has been done on a big job" trick as a reveal. Anyway they save the day and Dean tells the father to get out of the life to try to live a normal one. As bleak as Supernatural is, it is still hopeful even though now the brothers have no old friends or any friends really to fall back on at all with Cass and Bobby having bitten the dust. They are now truly alone with one another. But the father agrees to get out and Sam and Dean hit the road again to fight the Leviathans and whatever else comes their way. The two most striking moments of the episode dramatically was when Frank told Dean his back story of his family's death and how to tell yourself that you're fine till the end of the week then to do it again the next week which is a hell of a way to suffer but also what it takes in the life the brothers lead. In closing this was a very good midseason pickup from where we left off before the break. Great stuff and hopefully the second half can continue to being Supernatural as a great level.moreless

Getting back to basics: Dealing with death and admirers

By AnthonyGrande, Jan 12, 2012

There was some good acting and scripting for all here. This is a great entrance episode for someone new to the series to get introduced right away and not feel too out of it. It's great to see Dean wanting to kick arse and to be vengeful for Bobby's murder and to kick ass against the Leviathans. Bobby is going to be a hard person to replace so I'm looking forward to seeing how they're going to put together all the knowledge and "who to call" when they can't work something out. This might actually lead to more exciting episodes of trial and error by the guys as they can't find out the info that they need.

There's some strong cameos, especially the young girl who quite obviously has a crush on Dean. The sucked nearly dry hunter is someone they ought to bring back. I loved his accent and attitude. He was kinda set up to be someone who could be someone helping but is retired, but obviously has to come in a out [with the girl in tow] to help them out.

The repairman Dean moving up and down like an idiot in the repair crane was just hilarious, and something you'd expect in Austin Powers. Bring it on!moreless

Great start of the second half of season 7

By rkoenn, Jan 11, 2012

This episode seemed to me to be getting back to Supernatural's roots. This was like an episode from the early seasons but did throw in the current story ark concerning the Leviathans. The two monsters were great and quite frightening. I noticed the hunter they captured at the beginning was the actor who portrays Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde in Sanctuary. The story also was enjoyable with the other hunter's daughter and she played the role nicely. Finally, Dean's adventure with Frank was a hoot. I really liked Frank's cynical ways and the way they bounced off each other was fun. So once again, a great way to start off the second half of the season.moreless

Load More Reviews