Hello, Cruel World

Episode Reviews (18)

Great

ANOTHER AMAZING EPISODE

By adssthemanOWNS, May 11, 2012

This was awesome episode I can not wait till the next

This episode is so awesome, its rating should be in the high 9s. The reviews show how much people loved it; they're almost all rated 10.

By EpicLoveStory, Feb 14, 2012

I have so much love for this episode, and for season seven so far, I need to make a list of its awesomeness:

-I love how it is being stripped down to its heart and soul, back to two brothers on the road, like season one. As Jensen said just yesterday "season one is what made us fall in love with this show."

-I love how they are keeping it fresh not only by bringing in a completely new (and extremely old) Big Bad, but by throwing Sam and Dean completely outside of their comfort zone, defenseless and powerless as they have never been before.

-I love both Jared's and Jensen's performances, they were so powerful and believable in showing how they are cracking under the pressure.

-I love the scene in the warehouse, it is one of the best brotherly moments ever. So intense!

-I love Mark Pelligrino as Hallucifer. He is so chilling, and I love how he is so nonchalant about mentally torturing Sam, sitting around reading the paper and stuff.

-I love Sheriff Jody Mills! She is awesome. And I loved it when Bobby, who is also awesome, went to rescue her. "Bobby Singer, my hero." "That's the drugs talking."

-I love how they drove me at breakneck speed right up to the cliff and then left me hanging there, counting every second until next Friday. It is so thrilling!

-I love that they continue to give us great lines of dialogue, like "Don't let Satan change my presets."

-I didn't love that Cas "died" but I have faith Misha will be back. I loved his performance as a Leviathan, all maniacal glee, so I'm hoping they will bring him back as the Leviathan boss.moreless

Who Let The Leviathans Out?

By lenzinoH20, Dec 13, 2011

Hello, Cruel World-Dean and Sam both begin to crack as Sam suffers memories of his time in Hell while Dean begins to falter under the combined weight of coping with his brother and Castiel. Meanwhile, Castiel has problems of his own as he tries to cope with his new Godhood.

Well, it's only episode 2 and the season's Big Bad(s) seem to already be taking form and starting their plans of world domination. After the frightening reveal of the Leviathans taking over Castiel's body. The episode begins with Castiel's body about to explode withblackoozing licking from all over his body as he walks into a near by lake. Even after all the gruesome things we've seen on Supernatural over the years, it's definitely one of the most disturbingsequencesfrom the series. Unfortunately, the brothers and Bobby are unable to stop them and the Leviathans escape through the water pipes in the lake in astunningSFX moment. While a cool looking sequence, it makes you wonder if we've seen the last of Castiel? If this was his final appearance, it's kind of a bittersweet farewell to one of the most beloved characters of the show's last 3 seasons. Hopefully, it wasn't and we'll see Castiel in some form down the line, if not as Misha Collins (God forbid), at least in physical form so we can get some closer between him and the brothers.

Anyway, the Leviathans spread out and begins possessing other people, like a little girl (what is it with this show and evil little girls?), a mechanic and two high school jocks who end up killing than eating a couple of other jocks. What is interesting about the Leviathans is in one sense, they seem more calculated and welling to form solid plans to survive which makes them different than demons yet in another, they seem moreanimalisticand one track minded on their own than demons are. Taking over the local hospital to use as feeding ground is a pretty sick yet smart plan for them to survive, yet when it comes to dealing with enemies on their own, they're just brainless monsters. Like when Bobby runs into one of the Leviathans impersonating a doctor and they do that strange (and badly CGI-ed)monstrous yell where their jaws get bigger and have multipletongues. But at the same time, the Leviathans seem pretty unstoppable as guns and even at the end, crushing them to death won't kill them. They are definitely setting up the Leviathans to be the most challenging villains for the brothers yet.

But the Leviathans aren't the only problem at hand for the boys, as Sam's wall continues to break and his hallucinations of Lucifer begin to mess with hisperception of what's real and what's not. I'm glad the writers are finally amping up Sam'smental breakdown with remembering Hell. It seems last season they were stalling with thatstory-lineand even in the finale, we didn't get to really get to see Sam lose it like everyone kept saying he would if he got his soul back. Finally, we get to see Sam holding on to reality for dear life as his world literally crashes before him. Jared Padelacki is truly stunning through this episode as Sam tries todifferentiate between his hallucination and reality.It's great to have also have Mark Pellegrino back as he nearly steals the scenes he's in as Lucifer taunts and mentally tortures Sam. The fake-out with Lucifer as Dean was pretty disturbing, especially when Lucifer manipulating Sam to kill himself soon after. I loved the moment where Dean comes to Sam's rescue, reminding Sam to trust and pushing his wound in to make him feel something real. After all these years, it's great to know that the brotherly bond between Sam and Dean is still solid and strong considering all they've been through. Jared and Jensen were amazing in that seen and it's also heartbreaking to see Dean starting to fall apart too. At the beginning of the episode, Bobby tries to get through to Dean to make him open up about losing Cas and seeing Sam starting to lose his mind, yet Dean as usual says he's fine and toughens up. At the end of the episode, not only is Cas gone and Sam losing it, but Bobby's house has been burned down and he's missing! Dean's phone message to Bobby was truly sad, seeing as how Dean is starting to lose hope with everyone close to him suffering or gone. The episode ends with Sam and Dean being taken to the hospital by the amublance...the same hospital where the Leviathans have taken offer. It's truly one the darkest and depressing endings of the series as the brothers' friends are gone and they are at their most vulnerable. Whatever happens next with probably be the hardest challenge they've ever faced. All and All, "Hello. Cruel World" is a strong second episode that builds on both the Leviathans and Sam'sstory-lines, leaving the brothers at a crosswords.moreless

Supernatural continues to rock my world and the best part is, it just keeps getting better and better

By JoyHasan, Dec 13, 2011

This season by far may i add is AWESOME ,I can't wait to see what the producers have in stock for us this year , its been almost 7 years and supernatural still continues to kick ass,Despite it's age this show still continues to be the best show on the CW network, if you compare other teen drama shows (zzzz...) to this you can understand what I mean here, this show's target is all age audience, and now that they've brought in leviathans and we've lost Castiel (aw :( ) I look forward to next weeks episodes and i CAN'T wait to see what happens next!!!moreless

Definitelyone of my favorite episodes! Season 7 is shaping up to be fantastic!

By AnnebethKuijs, Dec 13, 2011

This wasdefinitely one of my favorite episodes, it simply had everything I like about Supernatural (exept Castiel being his Angel self).

You have Mark Pellegrino as Lucifer, doing a wonderfull job at being awesome and creepy at the same time. Hegave me the same chills as IT gave me when I first saw it.Here's me hoping the writers find a way to keep him in the show for a while!

Then there is Sam, poor Sammy! Jared portrays the slow mental breakdown very well. And because we have known the characters for so long, most of the time a facial expression is enough to let us know precisely how Sam feels. Btw, I'm a psychologist and I found the portrayal very convincing and believable.

Dean, allways the brave one, tries his best to stay strong, but everyone has is breaking point. I'm afraid Dean is going to crack a few episodes down the road. Jensen was great. My favorite moment was where he convinced Sam that he was real (on of the best brother-moments) and when he desperately called Bobby.

What I found clever was how the writers handled the fake Dean situation. When I rewatched the episode, you can see Sam looking confused to the keys in his hand, and when Dean arrives, there is Bobby's truck with the lights on.

I can't believe this episode is rated so low! I found it so much better than the premiere, which in itself was already fantastic. Maybe it's just the people who don't like the Castiel developments who downgrade the episode :S Come on people, no way he's dead (who else can keep Crowley in line?). And even if he is: I liked Castiel but I find it more sad for the actor Misha. I became to consider him as a core cast member. Whatever the case may be: if you like a plot twist or not, in this case it has nothing to do with the quality of the episode!!moreless

R.I.P Castiel?

By JaCkKbAuEr2424, Nov 05, 2011

Sure, Supernatural has ended episodes with semi-cliffhangers and things left sort of unresolved, but I can't remember a time when the well-being of three of the main characters was left hanging in the balance as the minutes dwindled down. This was a pretty darn good installment of the show, already kicking things off better than Season 6 did.

Things, for the second episode in a row, pick up exactly where the last one left off: Castiel has been infected and destroyed by the Leviathans. What these things are beats me, but based on what we see in this episode, things aren't great. The Leviathans scatter themselves into the public water supply and begin infecting humans, using them as a vessel to feed. They move in the form of black liquid (anyone else reminded of The X-Files and the Black Oil?) and need human organs to live.

Meanwhile, Sam is still being mentally tortured by Lucifer, who continues to claim that Sam is still stuck in Hell and that the last year and a half has been an illusion. I've never believed this lie for a second but the tension is born out of the fact that Lucifer sells the fact so well (Mark Pellegrino is on his A-Game here).

While Sam deals with his demons (literally), Dean and Bobby look into a hopsital where patients are mysteriously dying. They get a tip from Jodie Wells (a character I barely remember) and learn that the Leviathans are impersonating doctors and eating the organs of patients.

The episode seems to climax in two different places: Sam and Dean are forced to face the truth of whether Sam is really living an illusion or not and later, they face-off against a Leviathan. Both moments are great, in very different ways. Sam and Dean finally have the closest they've had to a heart to heart in a long time while we also get to see how powerful a Leviathan truly is.

The episode ends with Sam and Dean getting taken to the hospital of Leviathan, Sam having a seizure and Bobby gone missing. It's pretty crazy how fast everything went to hell and it should be equally exciting to see how the Winchester's get out of it.moreless

Can the brothers get a break. I mean after 6 years on the air nothing come easy for Sam and Dean. They save the world but always at a cost. If I was them I would start to wonder if saving the world worth it. I would love the writers for once to give Sam

By rawman31, Oct 06, 2011

and Dean a break.Well like I said nothing comes easy for Sam and Dean.Sam is havingVisions of the devil who wants himto kill him self.While they have to deal with the unstoppable Leviathan .To make matters worstBobby is missing and his house it burn to the ground. While Sam and Dean are on there way to the hospital where the Leviathan awaits them. I think this should have been the end of six season. This is a better cliffhanger than last season finale. I can't wait to see how this plays out.moreless

Hello, Cruel World

By TrueTvWatcher, Oct 05, 2011

Hello, Cruel World was another perfect episode of Supernatural and I really enjoyed watching as this episode picked up where the last one ended. It was interesting to see what happened to Castiel and to see a new villian rising who is not yet revealed but we know must have some serious power if they are controlling the Leviathans who have begun to take over people's lives. This episode was a full of horror, both monsters and mental. It was fun watching Sam break down as his hallucination of Lucifer was overwhelming him. There are many questions regarding this and I wonder what exactly happened to Castiel after he went into the resivoir and disappeared unleashing the Leviathans. I certainly look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!moreless

SPN continues to prove that it is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By AnointedOne42, Oct 05, 2011

After an awesome premiere supernatural continues to amaze with this awesome episode.This episode proves once again that this is going to be a wild season.So i suggest to anyone who doesnt watch supernatural anymore because of the solid season 6 to start watching it cause this season is shaping to be one of the best seasons of supernatural eva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow another excellent episode what will happen next will sam wake up from his seizure want more already. fantastic job to the cast and crew of the show what will happen next will dean be in a cast for a while and will sam not be alright we shall see!!!!!!

By sammychan, Oct 05, 2011

Wow another fantastic episode well done jared, jensen, jim, and misha take a bow guys you've earned it now the real question how will the rest of the season go will sam be alright by the end of the season will dean get more upset having this whole weight of the world on his shoulders time will tell and then theirs bobby at his age he should be retiring from hunting but as sam says you can never get out of hunting. Go supernatural you rock always wanting more of the show and always entertaining.moreless

Load More Reviews