Supernatural

Show Reviews (1694)

Superb

Lost interest in the show some seasons ago, just seeing for sake of continuity.

By narayanamurtyn, Yesterday

After the leviatons there is no seriouse plot in the series.

WAR OF GODS END TOO FAST ??? :((((

By zamboel, Apr 16, 2015

dear writer ,

This tv series was bad at battle scene... seriously dude..

like in season 5 episode 19...

COME ON !!! MANY GOD THERE BUT THE WAR END TOO FAST...

i'm dissapointed bro... i'm sad..

this must be the best TV series i ever watch.. but i'm dissapointed after see Gabriel died so fast.. 1 hit and die.. WWWWWWTFFFFF.. no offense but i'm really dissapointed and many more...

they died so easily..

war end so fast..

come on bro...

do something about all battle scene you write into something spectacular !!

hope for the best.

and sorry for bad grammar. :)))moreless

It has lost its originality

By DarrienK, Mar 28, 2015

Seriously, i could do way much better as a writer during these last seasons! Are you so dumb already??? You have turned the series into a parody of itself. Seasons 1-5 were GREAT, season 6 was mediocre while 7 and 8 were the worst. 9 was somewhat better and it looked like you started to get the hang of it again and now we come to season 10. So far, 200th was the best episode of the season and overall the current season is nothing special and it has incredibly bad writing. Where to start from?

Crowley: YOU SERIOUSLY CALL THAT "KING OF HELL"? He is a crybaby and he doesn't live up to his title. Find another king of hell or make him a KING.

Crowley's mother: The most annoying character ever appeared on Supernatural! Every time you see her you want to punch her and she speaks very very annoyingly. Totally a waste of plot, it's a character that should have never been introduced.

Seriousy? Your main plot for this season is Cain's Mark? Get over it already and move on to something more epic. We have seen countless times Dean and Sam exchanging the "Don't give up, we'll find a way" dialogue. You are going in circles and you are loosing originality, can't you see that?

Castiel: Are you actually going anywhere with him? Because it seems you have pretty much fucked up the plot involving his character, and it's a shame because it's one of the best characters apart from Dean and Sam.

It should be fun, it should be interesting, it should have mystery and thrill, it should have drama and emotion, where are all these now? Initially i have given it a score of 9 but know i have really been diappointed during the last seasons and i feel that it's getting worse unless you do something about it.moreless

One Hell of a Road Trip

By jamier66, Mar 19, 2015

I remember really looking forward to watching Supernatural when it was first advertised on Australian TV. Unfortunately, the week before it started I got a new job that required me to work nights, so I missed it. Much to my regret, I did not tape it, and by the time I finished up at that job a couple of years later, I had pretty much forgotten about Supernatural.

About two years after that I came home fairly late from work one night, and while flicking channels came across Supernatural. The particular episode I had happened upon was 'Lucifer's Rising', from season four. Usually I would not have left it on as I hate coming into a series after it has started, but for some reason, this time I did.

Half an hour later I was hooked. I subsequently went about obtaining copies of all the previous episodes, which I finished watching the day prior to the next episode airing. It was a marathon session of Supernatural. 80 odd episodes in less than a week. Yet when I had finished I still hadn't gotten enough. I couldn't wait for the next episode.

Six years later and I still hooked.

For any that have not watched the show before, Supernatural centers around two brothers Sam and Dean Winchester (Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles), who as the title of the show somewhat suggest, hunt down, banish, or kill supernatural beings that threaten the mundane among us.

The boys were raised to be 'hunters' by their father, after he discovers their mother - who died when Sam was still a baby - and Dean about five, was killed by a demon. Although Dean is enthusiastic about the 'family business', Sam wants a normal life, and is at college studying law when the series kicks off.

However Dean shows up unexpectedly with news their father has gone missing. Sam reluctantly agrees to help him for a few days, but upon his return to college, his girlfriend is killed in the same way as their mother.

Sam quits college, and he and Dean continue the search for both their father, and the demon responsible for the two deaths.

Unable at first to find either their father, or the demon, the two brothers continue to hunt down other supernatural creatures. While in the first season these are mainly spirits, ghosts and some minor demons, with each new season the boys become aware of, and battle more powerful creatures of lore.

Over the next nine years they face all manner of supernatural beings including angels, demons, witches, ghosts, vampires, reapers, demigods and leviathan. They square off against Lucifer. Meet and better Death on more than one occasion (even earning his respect in the process), and they even save the world from the apocalypse.

Along the way many new characters are introduced, both good and evil. Some become regulars, while others, although memorable, make only one or two appearances. There are also some, such as the previously mentioned - Death, who continue to make the odd appearance from season to season.

As Sam and Dean's knowledge and experience grow, the lines between good and evil become less black and white. Creatures who they once would have killed, sometimes become necessary allies, and occasionally even friends. They make bargains, some small, but others with far reaching consequences, and they learn more about the parts they personally play in the great scheme of things.

Even though many of the episodes stand alone, Supernatural is a continuing story, and that may put some new viewers off. However it shouldn't, as the central theme changes from season to season, and enough references are given to explain what is going on at any given time. Of course, if the show hooks you in as it did me, you can always watch previous seasons. Although given that this review is written in the tenth season, you might want to give yourself more than a week!

The main constant throughout the show though, is Sam and Dean. The series while of course concentrating on the supernatural, also follows the relationship between the two brothers. Although apart from the odd moment, this is done subtly, so that the obvious love the boys feel for each other is not pushed down the viewer's throat.

However it is a vital part of the show, as although either one would die for the other in an instant, either one will also make deals with far reaching consequences to keep the other alive - or to bring him back from the dead. This is particularly true of Dean, who believes that protecting Sam is his main reason for being.

Another constant about Supernatural is Dean's car, a black Chevy Impala. Although it does get smashed up from time to time, and even occasionally completely wrecked, it always somehow manages to get repaired, and this too is important. For really, at its heart, Supernatural is basically a story about two brothers on a very long road trip, that just happens to have a lot of nasty creatures involved. And if you're going to go on an almost decade long road trip, you may as well do it in a cool car. 9/10moreless

Missing Episode

By ldyakg, Feb 25, 2015

Want to know where tuesdays episode is,Tues Feb.24.15?

10 Series of Great tv

By hazepurple, Feb 25, 2015

This show just continues to go from strength to strength. Each episode is unique and highly creative. Still a massive favourite.

Cain Fight Underwhelming

By jclalvarez, Feb 25, 2015

After so much hype about how powerful Cain is, how angels can't even stop him and all demons are afraid of get a lousy underwhelming, most boring fight ever. That ended just because his hand was taken out and he couldn't fight anymore without a hand? He throws Dean around the room with his thoughts but kneels before him just cause he loose his hands.

Disappointing!

katt513

By KarenVolker, Feb 23, 2015

Crowley looks like your time is nearing the sad to see you go, love to hate u!Oh yeah kill your mom already!

To easy to defeat

By jpc53, Feb 19, 2015

Demon Dean ... to easy to defeat. Cain, the baddest demon there is, who can withstand the power of the angels, and pretty much do anything he wants is defeated by a man with a knife. C'mon! Crowley could kill both the Winchesters with a snap of his fingers, but he never does. Now he's listening to his mom to run hell because he's heartbroken over Dean. The storyline so far for Castiel and Crowley this season has been small and pointless. Where are the fun loving, warriors we grew to love? The story is moving along way to slow, and each time a big episode comes along, I feel let down and underwhelmed with the outcome. Now we get to wait another month for a new episode about Dean just holding on, Sam being supportive with no action, Castiel not living up to his potential, Crowley being a baby and frowning, all the while the most annoying voice the show has ever had (his mother) is being manipulative. Which is suppose to be Crowley's job. The best part of the season was when God showed up. I'm hoping the rest of the season picks up the pace, and we're not left with everything happening in the season finale like normal.moreless

I Hate Crowley's Mother

By ShanikaNicoleWilson, Feb 18, 2015

Dear Writers,

Can you please kill off Crowley's mother in the next episode. She is so annoying and useless. Thats a part that should have never been written in the show.

. her voice is so annoying.

Load More Reviews