Wendigo

Episode Reviews (110)

Great

Awesome

By Sammy03456, Jul 08, 2014

It is so good l love it so awsome love

The Family Business

By WebSorve, Dec 31, 2013

It's not surprising to me that the second episode of "Supernatural" is not as strong as the first one. The story picks up almost immediately after the end of the pilot episode, as we find Sam and Dean on the road and journeying towards the location indicated by the coordinates they had previously found within their father's journal. The opening scene does a great job in setting the mood for this episode and gives us a very distinct notion that something unnatural and extremely dangerous is lurking in the woods. Also, the fact that the Winchester boys end up assisting a young woman in the search for her missing brother allows us to explore their own sibling dynamic, as Sam appears a little too eager to abandon the job at hand and continue the search for their father and Dean seems focused on tracking and killing this creature, as he not only believes that this is what they do, but also what their father would have wanted them to do. Their constant arguments and disagreements over it do a lot for character development and helps viewers find out more about who these guys really are and how they feel about the life that they lead. Unfortunately, the final confrontation between hunters nearly dooms this episode, as it feels rushed and could have been handled a whole lot better. Luckily, the soundtrack is still awesome and the supporting cast does their job well.moreless

Creepy Monster In The Woods

By lanamissy, Nov 06, 2012

OK, so the Wendigo was defiantly creepy looking but it was also pretty cool too. Forgetting the part where it eat human flesh (gross but interesting), I think it was a total bad a** hunter. But thankfully it couldn't take the brothers down. And the fact that it sets in the woods makes the episode one scary piece of art. An awesome second episodes!!!

Wendigo

By Askaninbr, Oct 11, 2012

Starting a tradition of weak second episodes, Wendigo is a good episode, but lacks a lot of characteritics that made SPN epidodes so great. Highlights go to the guys work and for the iconic sentence: "saving people, hunting things... Family bussiness"

102-"Wendigo"

By arkanitoo, Jun 17, 2012

Great Episode and scary!! more good, scary good story with great special effects, which continue the pilot episode but with a different case, one week after the previous case, and after Dean and Sam were unable to find anything about who killed Jessica, and decide to follow the daily coordinates of the parent to find it, (that Dean found in the previous episode), and the brothers end up fighting in a forest a Wendigo, I found pretty cool when Dean kills the Wendigo with a shot of a flag, it was cool the way he (the Wendigo) was burning and disintegrating after the shooting of Dean,'' the episode "Wendigo'' 'besides giving me a hell of fear, reminded me much of an X-Files episode where the theme was virtually the same.moreless

102-"Wendigo"

By williambrickman, May 21, 2012

After having no luck in the investigation of Jessica's death, the brothers follow instructions found in their father's journal and head to Blackwater Ridge, Lost Creek, Colorado. Posing as park rangers, they help a young woman named Haley (Gina Holden) and her younger brother Ben (Alden Ehrenreich) search for their lost older brother Tommy (Graham Wardle), who disappeared while on a camping trip. Sam and Dean soon realize that he was taken by a wendigo that has terrorized the woods since 1936. While searching, Haley and Dean are kidnapped by the creature, but Sam and Ben are able to track them to a mine. After Dean, Haley, and Tommy are freed, they kill the wendigo with a flare gun.

Story by: Ron Milbauer & Terri Hughes Burton

Teleplay by: Eric Kripke

Directed by: David Nutter

My thoughts: this one was definetly a step down from the pilot this one was a filler it felt boring at times but it had quite a few good moments as well(esp. with dean) overall not SPNS best its hard to do a great follow up ep.

Rankings:

1)"Pilot"

2.)"Wendigo"moreless

Weaker than the first episode

By BlandBrian, Dec 09, 2010

This would have been a fine episode if the viewer had never seen American television before. Unfortunately, I have seen more than my fair share and because of that, this episode came off very formulaic. There were no surprises and there were no lasting consequences. The creature effects were very poor. The producers of the episode probably tried to convince themselves that they were keeping the Wendigo shrouded in darkness to make it more mysterious. It's more likely that they kept it unseen because it looked cheap.

This still might be a good program to watch, but this wasn't an excellent showing.moreless

By dongwonlee, Dec 09, 2010

It wasn't as strong as the pilot. I thought it would be scary and stuff, but it wasn't that scary. The ending was a little weird. The Wendigo just burned and died. Just like that? The ending was somewhat weak.

I hope the next episode will be a lot more engaging.

Why does the uberfast monster takes the time to stretch and roar when he got them cornered at the end? He didn't let anybody see it before and now he's all like "Look at me. I'm so cool".

That's stupid!!! No more Supernatural for me.

By psycho4t, Dec 09, 2010

That's stupid!!! This the kind of thing that makes me lose interest in a series all together. No more Supernatural for me.

Load More Reviews