Survivor

Show Reviews (342)

Great

I've just cracked the code about Survivor

By SpongebobFanatic, Oct 11, 2014

After watching Blood vs Water and Cagayan,I noticed a surprising thing,and no,it's not the snakes and spiders are real. It's always the bad guy that wins. And I mean literally win the million. Blood vs Water, every time I watch the vote and Tyson isn't voted out,I point my middle finger at him and tell him to suck a dick. But in Cagayan,I didn't care much,even though Tony won. See,they let the villains win,so they can talk their ass off so they win. Even my cousin agrees the show is rigged. A good format,but a secret idea that makes me think twice when a new season comes out.moreless

To a few reviewers below me ...

By Puddles99, Oct 07, 2014

Why are people still crying about Survivor bringing back returning players? Agreed, they used to do it often, but you do realize that 3 of the last 5 seasons were all new players, don't you? Including the last 2 seasons. And that in 29 seasons, only twice has there ever been a full blown all stars season. You need to quit recycling the same complaints, and stop being a sheep in regards to just voicing others' opinions.

People had those opinions years ago, when Survivor actually WAS bringing back returning players at an alarming rate. They no longer are, so it's time to grasp that fact because your argument is no longer valid.

Breaking down the numbers alone, the last 9 seasons, 168 people have played. Only 27 were returning players, 141 were new. And 20 of those 27 returning players were in 2 seasons alone. Which means that only 7 returning players have competed in the other 7 seasons.

So the "over and over" point, and the "sick and tired of watching old players" point, is pretty silly. Plus, why threaten to quit watching. Just quit. I enjoy whatever format they use. I prefer new players, and I think the majority of fans do as well. That's been reflective in the ratings the last 5 seasons, and in the shows willingness to start doing seasons of all new players again.moreless

If this keeps up I'm gone, and it's not only me saying this!

By MaryMartinez6814, Sep 27, 2014

I hate this blood vs water shows it's to overly emotional with husband &wife, moms & daughters, ect, their emotion just goes on and on, it's just to mushy, all the crying, hugging . I like it with all different faces with all their personalities clashing with each other, making new friends, challenges were fun to watch. Please no more family members competing with each other, or bringing the same old people back over and over again we want different.

survior 0

By rselph4, Sep 24, 2014

This show needs new players why do the not the same ones over and over they should have players that have never been on there i wont be watching till they do

Enough already!!!

By mbd777, Sep 24, 2014

Am I the only one who is sick and tired of watching old contestants over and over again? I swore during the last one that if they continued to do it I would stop watching, and I will. And i think there is something wrong with the format when swearing on the life on your children that your are telling the truth when you are lying to someone's face is ultimately rewarded. I thought that was the lesson of Russell. You could only go so far without some attempt at honesty. Tony's win has changed that dynamic as well, making the show lacking in moral tension. I used to love this show, but I feel like I'm watching reruns. Enough already! Bring in some new blood!moreless

Suggestion for a new Survivor

By lewistaylor144734, May 28, 2014

I think the people that were voted off first should be brought back. They might have been some great players if they had gotten the chance. It's hard to get to really know someone in three days.

What kind of message is being sent to our young viewers when lying, breaking promises and back stabbing is being rewarded by being declared the qualities you need to win? Anybody should have been the winner other than Tony.

sweet idea for a new survivor

By mitchellgraham75, May 24, 2014

i love watching survivor and am a huge fan. my suggestion for a sweet new season of survivor is... make a season called celebrity survivor and have the money go to charity. i think it would b huge.... lets make this happen jeff probst...

Tony deserved to win

By Litehouse9, May 22, 2014

As much as I dislike Tony to the max, he was the one who outplayed, outlasted, out manipulated everyone else... yes, he had no "honor", but that is the way the game goes....

I am NOT happy about another "blood and water".. did not like that very much.

But PLEASE DO NOT BRING BACK EXILE ISLAND... I Hated exile island, so stupid.

Was a big fan... that's over!!

By silentlystrong, May 22, 2014

Where has this show gone... I agree with ember301 below. This show used to be about real smarts, clever maneuvering, building of alliances, strategy and tactics and has gone the way of totally premeditated deceit, lying, swearing on your fathers grave, wife and children and ignoring all of that and for the producers to now be promoting some life saving story for Tony the totally twisted cop with no values or moral base has all become too much. They come on your show knowing now one thing and one thing only, they must be dishonest from the start no matter what and the more they are the more likely they might win. And what another piece of fabricated / staged show business to try and make him seem better and your show through that "life saving" story and stunt as well. And you present in the reunion portion a bunch of children to further bolster your vain attempt at trying to make your show still seem like it is ethical or virtuous???? You are creating and developing some terrible role modelling for young children and audiences. Promoting the Survivor concept of openly cheating, lying, deceit, swearing on family members lives and graves with total disdain and with no regard for the effects you will be having on so many that are not even realizing what you are really pulling off, you should know better. Tony should have been eliminated episodes before last night and you should introduce some guidelines / rules for the sake of your especially younger susceptible audiences. Your show may be still getting some numbers and bringing you the almighty - no matter what $$$$$, but your obvious lack of regard for any values and terrible promoting / encouraging of such despicable behaviour should be reviewed by some higher authourity in television or media and your program should be either banned, regulated or brought back to what is once was a refreshing reality show of human survival and not some "social experiment" or "its a game" as you call it, which is just another attempt at somehow justifying your crooked and warped current production. Please think about what lessons you are bringing to the many young audiences and the effect that will have in the future. And stop bringing back people who have already been on before who clearly have an unfair advantage over others and often behave even worse than the first time. Tony should not be allowed to be a cop much less win for the way he did it. And to orchestrate a Lieutenant to be at the reunion and speak to his character and so obviously staged what are you all thinking??? He is totally undeserving of any praise or recognition and should only be seeking out professional help for what are obviously some deeply rooted mental and emotional problems to have behaved the way he did! Tony is a bully, plain and simple, something we are all actively trying identify and eliminate more in everyday society and you promote it? Your show has lost it and Jeff, you are a great guy but this is on you as well. You are an EP and seem to have some good common sense, smarts and values but to let this go on and keep promoting it as you do under the guise of being something good or amazing. Please get a reality check on yourselves. You are promoting and encouraging the lowest, meanest and basest levels of human behaviour. Its over for me and many of my friends.moreless

Finally the right winner is elected after 3 seasons.

By DERBEST, May 22, 2014

Tony was lucky to win I'll say from the start. But for Spencer and Woo he could have lost it all.

He was lucky.

But compared to the other people he deserved to win hands down.

He worked more than everyone.

Load More Reviews