Tabitha

Show Reviews (5)

Good
7.1

Tabitha and Adam Stephens work for a Los Angeles television station. A very good spin-off from Bewtiched. Even if it is "out of chronological time of the series!

By BriNChatt, Aug 10, 2009

The producers of this show realized quickly that they had made a mistake by trying to copy "Bewitched". Adam was made mortal, (if you remember, Adam had powers in Season 8 of "Bewitched"), and opposed to Tabitha using her powers. Then adding a character, Aunt Minerva, who tried to be Adam's "Endora". (Aunt Minerva was NEVER a character in "Bewitched") This did not work well, so as the series contiued in its 12 episode run, more characters from the orginal Bewitched series made appearances. Most notably, Abner and Gladys Kravitz, (Sandra Gould and George Tobias), and Dr. Bombay, (Bernard Fox). These appearances gave the show a much needed shot in the arm.

Too bad it only lasted one season. I would love to have seen Tabitha's relationship progress with Paul, (played by Robert Urich). This is truly a classic show that deserved a longer life!moreless

Good show, but needed to be kept within the world of "Bewitched."

By JIH1984, Apr 15, 2006

Good show, but it needed to keep with the world created by "Bewitched." Being that Tabitha was Samantha's daughter, certain things need to be done with the show to keep the way magic was understood similar to how Tabitha and Adam would have been brought up as children in "Bewitched." For instance, the motions for how magic was used could have been more diverse, and the way spells were cast needed work. Also, in the first episode, Adam seemed to fear magic like Darrin did, but Adam would have grown up with it, so the spells shouldn't have scared him so much. In the first episode, Tabitha is refered to as the "kid sister," when she is actually older. They should have explained Aunt Minerva's relation a little more. Oh, and by the second half of the season/series, Adam seemed to be non-existant.

On a positive note, it was great that they brought back stars from "Bewitched," and that they made reference to Tabitha and Adam's childhood.moreless

Not a classic but I liked it.

By loverob, Mar 27, 2006

This show was a spin-off of sorts from "Bewitched", but as a 9yr old in the UK I was unaware of this. The show with it's breezy lead(an underrated Lisa Hartman)& catchy theme tune(It could be magic) made it for me(I was only 9yrs old). My memories of Tabitha were fond ones.

Robert Urich R.I.P

A Classic That They Should Have Stuck With.

By in-correct, Aug 06, 2005

Anybody remember an opening where there was a story about a photo album bunch of animated kid's drawings but can't remember where it came from? It came from this show.

It was on for a few years, but only produced a little more than dozen episodes, and the people should stuck with it as long as they produced Bewitched.

Just like Bewitched, this show is certainly a classic, and should have stayed on longer.

This show is a spin-off of Bewitched, and I thought it aired at least a decade from Bewitched, since they were little kids then, but it actually aired only four years later.moreless