MTV Will Air a New Episode of Teen Wolf Ahead of the Video Music Awards on Sunday, August 24

By Kaitlin Thomas

Aug 15, 2014

The fine folks at MTV know that no one cares about the Video Music Awards anymore (raise your hand if you knew people were still making music videos... yeah, I didn't think so), so in a desperate but also possibly brilliant attempt to bring eyeballs to the annual event, the network is planning to air a brand-new episode of its mega-popular series Teen Wolf as a lead-in. 

The new episode, titled "Monstrous", will air at 7pm on Sunday, August 24 before the VMA pre-show hosted by Pretty Little Liars' Lucy Hale at 8pm (the actual awards begin at 9pm). The episode will then re-air in Teen Wolf's regular 10pm time period on Monday, August 25 (also known 'round these parts as Emmy night). So be sure to plan accordingly, lest you miss the chance to watch what is probably going to be a super fun episode 24 hours earlier than usual.

• Comments (24)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • ravynjensen Aug 17, 2014

Grumble ... MTV Canada is airing the awards, but not airing Teen Wolf a day early.
    I'll have to wait till Monday.
    Or use less ethical methods...

• mysticbeam Aug 17, 2014

i just have this bad feeling that all of the focus tommorrow is going to be on scott/liam and the bonfire and parrish. and lydia's story will get a few 2 minute clips before the commercial break

• firedrakes Aug 17, 2014

this is just to funny. mind you they do still play music video blocks only 1 or 2 hours a day between 4-6 am depending on the day.

• WildPict Aug 16, 2014

I'll actually be able to watch a live episode of TW? Wow, that's so cool! Since I have to get up so early for work, I always have to wait to watch the DVR recording.

• Ksenya_Allegra Aug 16, 2014

I watch many of the awards shows.

• chickennoodlesoup Aug 16, 2014

You mean some of you watch the emmy's. Why?

• ChristianPlen Aug 16, 2014

I just hope that the episode won't be cut for the 7pm airing....

• Garyness Aug 16, 2014

So no Wolf Watch on Sunday? Unfortunate, because I bet people still care more about that than the VMA's...

• SweetMissJaye Aug 15, 2014

I will be watching Teen Wolf--and changing the channel immediately after the show goes off. These awards show have become ridiculously dumb, filled with people doing desperate things to get attention and talentless "artists". No thanks. MTV in particular shouldn't even air a music awards show when they don't even play music on their music channel. This is, of course, just my opinion.

• JCVeros Aug 15, 2014

Teen Wolf in my Sundays? 0_0 YESSSSS!

• See More Comments (9)