Teen Wolf "Time of Death" Review: Flatliners (PHOTO RECAP)

By Price Peterson

Aug 13, 2014

Teen Wolf S04E08 "Time of Death"

Whenever people try to tell me that dreams have special meaning I always have to remind them of what a weird and dumb device the human brain is. Like, the brain is a straight-up idiot most of the time we're awake, so do not tell me it's sending me coded metaphors that predict the future when I'm asleep. A dream is just the brain's way of running around in a vacant lot tipping over garbage cans and eating dandelions. Dreams mean nothing, and that's why my eyes glaze over whenever somebody tells me about a dream they had, or worse, when a character on TV experiences one. Dream sequences are, at best, a zero-stakes writing crutch; at worst, they deceive and disrespect the audience. Movies and TV episodes are already extended dream sequences in and of themselves, there's no need to slather on even more fiction. 

THAT BEING SAID, the reason why Teen Wolf's dream sequences WORK is that they're not necessarily dream sequences. When we get glimpses into these characters' psychologies there's usually a supernatural reason behind it, and the characters usually wake from them changed. Consider those druid-hastened hallucinations in "Motel California," or the purgatory sequence when Allison, Stiles, and Scott temporarily killed themselves, or Stiles' triple-fakeout mental problems from last season's premiere. Teen Wolf knows that it can only get fanciful when the fantasy has actual risk and effect, and that tradition continued in "Time of Death," certainly one of this season's best episodes. Not only did it traffic heavily in nightmare dream logic, it was understated and scary without ever relenting in its tension or lowering its stakes. So good.

Let's talk about it!

Okay, so this was admittedly exactly the kind of dream sequence fakeout I was just claiming Teen Wolf doesn't do, but what redeemed it was how INCREDIBLY DEVASTATING it was? First it toyed with our emotions to make us think Stiles and Malia hadn't actually broken up after last week's walkout. But then also it gave us this completely charming scene wherein the two tried to figure out how to literally sleep with each other.

But nope! She was not actually there. Stiles had imagined it. Man, have you experienced a break-up recently? Did this scene basically harm your heart? So tough.

Meanwhile at the station Scott's dad was feeling a little bit of remorse about splattering the PSAT proctor's brain matter all over Stiles' face.

Haha this guy is such an expert FBI agent, so perceptive and intelligent. He was starting to get the feeling that the obvious band of monsters hanging around him at all times (and occasionally stabbing him with ghost-kitanas) might actually be monsters or something. Stay tuned for when he finally makes the big discovery!

Meanwhile this was a TRIPLE cold open because the opening titles still hadn't come on yet the kids had busted out their expensive laptops and were discussing a very dangerous, very secret plan:

But even though we didn't know exactly WHAT they were planning, we didn't have to wait long to find out:

Scott died! He flatlined and died! Scott died! But how? Doesn't matter!

Guys, this was tough. I mean I knew he wasn't going to die for real since this show is called Teen Wolf and Scott is the #1 teenage werewolf in Beacon Hills (now that Isaac's gone j/k j/k) but that doesn't mean it's easy to see him DEAD on a slab and his mom scream-sobbing in the hallway. We care about these characters and even a fakeout  can cause visceral reactions in our heartbones. Anyway, yeah:

So Mrs. McCall was in on it and is just a very good actress. And also Scott wasn't even truly dead, his heart had merely slowed to like one beat every ten minutes. Which meant they had forty-five minutes or so until he died FOR REAL. And the whole thing was meant to trick the Benefactor into showing up to get his own visual confirmation of the kill. It was a long-shot but not necessarily a terrible idea, despite what Kira's mom said.

As we learned in a flashback the main drawback from this weird fugue state was going to be the terrible dreams that came with it. And if Scott happened to have eaten any cheese beforehand, just imagine how much worse they would be now. Anyway, then Kira zapped him with her hand:

And off he went!

Meanwhile Stiles and Argent hacked the world (emailed the Benefactor) and claimed Scott's bounty:

But like a typical catfish, Argent refused to send a pic, which was weird because couldn't someone just get out their flip phone and snap a pic of Scott at the hospital? But the reason was that they wanted the Benefactor to confirm the kill himself, even though the Benefactor had made it VERY clear he didn't really do stuff like that. Oh well. Let's see how that works out.

Meanwhile Braeden woke up in Derek's bed dressed only in her ummentionables but he was a gentlemen and had slept on the couch. That's when she did what anybody else would do upon waking up from a shooting: Lift up Derek's tank top while he slept.

The main thing to know is they were obviously wound-flirting (flirting while wounded) so much but also Braeden was concerned about Derek losing his werewolf powers so quickly. See, she cares, you guys.

Meanwhile the kids and Argent put their plan into motion, but first Argent had to swing by Best Buy and get some kind of expensive computer wristwatch or whatever, doesn't matter.

And the kids had commandeered a hospital room (good thing nobody in Beacon Hills ever gets injured!) and set up their computers for maximum Person of Interest But With Monsters action.

Meanwhile Scott woke up inside a dream state and his shirt was still off, but it wasn't in the bright white room like we expected.

Also, Liam was there, but so was The Mute, and it turned out this was all going to be a three-part lesson in why it's okay to murder people sometimes. (Scott isn't a big fan of murder in general.)

See? Not a great dream, in my opinion. But at least it wasn't a sex dream, because the Mute is probably really awkward when it comes to that.

Across town a nosy coyote was bustin' into safes!

That's right, Malia found a manila folder cryptically labeled "Malia Tate adoption records" and let me tell you something, there is nothing worse than a manila folder that smells like human blood. Also Peter Hale is a ninja now because he somehow managed to enter one of the heavy vault doors without Malia hearing. Either that or he'd slept there the previous night, probably on a pile of rags in the corner. Also he was STRONG now.

Okay, Peter Hale. It's always a good idea to destroy a load-bearing support column in an underground vault. But also, why are you basically advertising the fact that you're stealing all of Derek's powers? For a secret mastermind your mind is neither very masterful nor secretive.

This is my new favorite pair: Mrs. McCall and Kira's mom just hanging out in a Toyota!

In the same way that we all want Mrs. McCall to become hugging partners with Sheriff Stilinski, I really want these two ladies to become besties, don't you? Just hanging out on weekends, shopping at Chico's, maybe doing pilates sometimes.

So you're like, 'Where's Lydia been'? Guys, relax, she was at the boat house this whole time, just sort of going through her grandma's sh*t and almost hitting her mom with an oar.

People in scary movies and TV shows sure do like to sneak up on other people who are clearly on edge, don't they? Like not only sneak into the room but sort of approach without saying anything. Discussion question: Is everybody a born creep?

Meanwhile Scott's dreams were like a video game in that they kept restarting. So for round 2 he went to the locker room and noticed he had more fangs than before, which Liam suggested might have to do with being an Alpha. (Does this mean he'll also become CGI soon also?? Please say yes.)

But whoops! The Mute returned also.

Ugh, still a bad and unsexy dream. Fortunately there was sexiness going on in a certain loft!

So Braeden decided that since Derek is turning into a pile of weaksauce he needs to learn gunplay. And her idea of gunplay involves basically learning how to shoot before anybody can snatch the gun out of your hand, which is admittedly VERY hard to do. But it also gave her the opportunity to manhandle Derek a little and the next thing we knew he was topless and they were rolling around on his dining room table. Now she was REALLY about to find out whether he still had any of his werewolf powers left. 

Meanwhile at the hospital, some of the camera feeds cut out, so Liam and Kira went to the roof to investigate and guess who they found? Berserkers!

Unfortunately the Berserkers are not all that concerned with tiny baby werewolves or girls with super dull samurai swords.

No seriously, come on. It's very badass that Kira has a samurai sword, but is it even sharp at all? There's no way that Berserker shouldn't come away with a bleeding stump, yet here we were, a samurai sword was totally useless against rotten bone and Kira was getting punched in the face HARD. And frankly, Liam was NOT about to let a giant man in a bear skeleton costume beat up his dad's girlfriend.

Anyway, since Kira was knocked out on the ground, she dreamed about the time she and Scott stared at each other in bed and talked about going on a date or whatever.

So again, the world's slowest romance is still pretty cute. Good for them.

But unfortunately the clock was still ticking! At some point they were going to have to wake up Scott or else he was going to die, so Stiles was frantically calling Argent's wristwatch.

But whoops, he'd run into trouble! And that trouble was his sister.

Kate immediately denied being the Benefactor, but she was definitely interested in claiming Scott's body for some reason. Now, she herself had been trying to find out who the Benefactor was, so wasn't it weird that she was clearly running an errand for the Benefactor, who is almost definitely Peter Hale? I'm not sure I understand anybody's logic here, but that's fine. I think it's supposed to be misdirection. Anyway, if there was a Scott body to be had, Kate WANTED it and I'm sure it was just a coincidence that the Benefactor needed visual confirmation or whatever. I don't know.

Meanwhile, guess whose adoption papers were conveniently bloody and bullet-riddled right where the most important information was?

The question was JUST WHO was Malia's birth mother??

So yeah. Now Peter Hale and Malia were sort of working together, mostly because Malia wanted to know who her real mother was. But all Peter Hale knew was that she had been known as The Desert Wolf, which is just a classy name for Coyote. Peter Hale f*cked a coyote, basically.

Anyway, back at the hospital, a Berserker was flirting with a couple of MILFs!

Leave them alone, you big dummy! They don't want you.

Also Lydia's mom started to get REAL.

Not only was Lydia's grandma's urn filled with mountain ash, the whole house was made of it. I'm not sure how that works considering werewolves had gone to a party there, but yeah. Also Lydia's mom knew who Meredith was, so that was fishy. But again, not as fishy as the fact that Lydia's grandmother was probably not dead at all. Ugh, those crafty banshees.

I liked this moment where Chris and Kate basically agreed that they weren't going to kill each other and they should probably both chill out with trying to fight each other at all.

I actually really like the idea that Kate is just sort of a freelance villain without a particular agenda against our heroes. It really opens the door for her to do heroic stuff again, or make a bigger swing into villainy. But for now it's hard to tell where she falls and I like that about her. Much more interesting than just a regular big bad. Also, she ended up seeing Argent's fancy countdown watch so she knew something was up with Scott. Bingo. He wasn't dead.

Also he was having Part 3 of his bad dream, and this time it WAS slightly sexier in that the Mute was grabbing on Scott trying to help him learn how to murder his son.

And them he murdered Liam. YIIIIKES. Scary stuff. So the whole point of this dream sequence is to maybe explain how an Alpha may come to murder his own pack, as the pack of Alphas from Season 3A had done. I guess you just get naturally blood thirsty the more you murder. I mean it's a total stretch to think that Scott would hurt his beautiful bb Liam, but that's why this was so disturbing. Also Tyler Posey is secretly becoming one of the best actors on the show. He's always been the perfect lead for this premise, but lately he's doing next-level nuanced stuff. Good job, Tyler Posey!

So then his death dream was over and Kira zapped him awake and then mouth attacked him. But out in the hallway things weren't so happy:

Oh no, Kira's mom got hurt! Now I REALLY hate those dumb Berserkers. Kira's mom is awesome. Also I think the show has mentioned this before but she doesn't really have powers anymore. Is that because she gave them up so she could start a family, sort of like Superman did in Superman II? Not sure, I'm just sort of thinking out loud at this point.

So then Kate reported back to Peter Hale:

He said something like, "Oh thank gosh" when Scott was discovered to be alive, but it's not clear why. Like, the whole point of the dead pool is to eliminate all monsters right? And isn't the elimination of all monsters something that would increase Peter Hale's power in the town? Anyway, he's still denying that he's the Benefactor, his main reason being that he just wants his bear bones back. Whatever, Peter Hale.

Stiles and Malia eventually got their reunion, but it wasn't super happy. I guess she felt like she had nowhere else to go after her exhausting day in the vault, so she went to Stiles' bedroom and confessed that before she'd turned into a coyote and eaten her family she'd actively wished death upon them during a fight.

Stiles reassured her that she wasn't a bad person and it was all really sweet, but she still seemed pretty troubled about everything. Fair enough! She'd had a pretty rough situation these past few months and years. It's just so painful to see these two kind of broken up like this though. Hopefully that gets fixed soon?

After Derek finished doing sex to Braeden he got out of bed and decided to get good at weapons.

Is Derek going to become a mercenary like Braeden? Maybe! Ask me later.

At this point Scott and Kira were commiserating that their plan to fake-murder Scott didn't end up revealing the Benefactor, but Scott realized that it DID more or less confirm that the whoever made the dead pool was a banshee. And then, as if on cue, Lydia discovered an old scrap of paper that her grandmother had once scribbled on:

Whoops! So that was banshee language! I mean, let's be real, Lydia's grandmother is probably still alive, but I really doubt she's the Benefactor considering Lydia herself is on the dead pool. But this whole situation definitely reeks of banshee. 

"Time of Death" was the best. What a good episode. Scary and confusing and thrilling, plus the characters got to do rad and important things. I liked it. Did you like it? And the music was noticeably good! I mean it's usually fine, but more than a few times I was actually GLAD to have that song listing pop up on the bottom of the screen, so that's saying something. Yeah, I liked "Time of Death" a lot. I don't think teens should be playing with death like that, it seems very unsafe, but still. I was entertained.

BYE

QUESTIONS

... Is the Benefactor working with a banshee? If so, who?

... How does Kate's hair look so good if she lives in the sewer?

... Why hasn't Derek noticed that his uncle is getting mysteriously buffer?

... Do you kinda miss Garrett, be honest.

• Comments (727)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • Kazhooulte Aug 19, 2014

To the author of the article, since it seems you don't understand Peter's angle, I'll clarify.. He simply wants to become alpha again - which is why he was thankful Scott wasn't dead, so he can kill Scott himself when the time is right. So that's why Peter wasn't the benefactor, but I think we already know who it is now.

• abbysauber Aug 17, 2014

Did anyone else notice how at the end of episode 7, Stiles had the list in his hand. In episode 8 Malia gives him the note back. (that he already had)

• Troublemaker Aug 18, 2014

Stiles gives Malia his jacket in the vault, before he leaves to figure out who the assassin is. She found the list folded up in his jacket pocket.

• wolffanatic Aug 18, 2014

When he comes back the list is on the ground.

• Troublemaker Aug 18, 2014

Yes, she pulled it out and read it, then left it on the ground. That's how he realizes why she left upset with him—it wasn't in his pocket anymore, she'd obviously found it.

Rewatch. Malia was in Stiles room looking at in on his desk. Stiles had it in the first place. Stiles walks in and she is looking at it on his desk before they have convo and she puts it on the board.

• chickennoodlesoup Aug 17, 2014

New preview. Wow.
    Evil orderly giving lydia an injection.

Would Jeff reveal the bad guy in a preview.

• wolfette Aug 18, 2014

I don't think so--but I wouldn't put it past them to let us figure out who the benefactor is then switch everything around. I wonder if Lydia goes to Eichen house to try and investigate Grandma. That orderly is a punk, he was on my list of suspects...but I think its probably too easy.

I think it has something to do with whoever ordered Kate to set the fire in season !

• wolffanatic Aug 19, 2014

See I hundred percent agree with you on it being something to do with getting kate to burn down the Hale house. I just don't see how the orderly would have been involved.

It sounds like we will know the who tonight but possibly not the why.

• SnowflakeWolf Aug 17, 2014

Found this on facebook!

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

DO NOT READ,
    UNLESS U WANNA KNOW WHAT'S COMING AT U IN SEASON 5!!!
    So I guess it's a Lydia or Derek thing, now.
    Which one do you wanna keep more???
    I'm all for let's keep Derek! . . . Derek! Derek! Derek! Derek! Derek! PLS don't die!

And for the record: I did say SPOILERS! and that I just found this; and I did NOT say that I'm certain this is true or that it's written in stone!

Found it on this timeline:
    https://www.facebook.com/Scotty.Posey194

Hey, it is what it is.

Interesting. Still hard to tell who came up with these. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

• wolffanatic Aug 17, 2014

SPOILERS: Where did you find these. I am absolutely shocked that this has been released seeing that it spoils a lot of the end of S4.

Could Brett be joining the pack.

Dr. Vallack was supposed to be seen this season.

Yeah, we get a scott season. Might he be drawn to the dark side.

No to Lydia and Derek. I don't see how that works out. Would likely have to kill Braeden and that assumes Derek is alive.

I liked Deucalion but didn't I see him n something else.

Found it in this timeline:

Interesting. If they are true, where did you find these please. I have looked and looked after I saw your post.

The biggest thing I take from those Spoilers is it doesn't necessarily sound like a closure.

@InesYnes
    I wonder what they will do with Brett, will he become like the last wolf of Satomi's pack and become alpha

Does everyone in Satomi's pack die including her, (Peter get to be alpha again maybe) and Brett goes to scott.

Considering how much he and liam hate each other it could provide some major dynamic.

Found it in this timeline:

• InesYnes Aug 17, 2014

I wonder if Stiles disappears at the end of season 4? Completing the Scorch Trials before Teen Wolf starts is going to be very iffy. Also, nobody wanted Brett to be an important character except the actor who played him. And Deucalion should stay gone, the alpha pack story was terrible the first time it happened. I don't believe we're losing any main characters this season though, I think that's just trying to get people to believe the story this season might have consequences. (It won't)

Depends on when S5 premiers. As much as I hate to say it, it would not suprise me if your are right on that. They finished filming this season what in may sometime. Depends on when Scorch Trials is filming which looks to be October, if Maze Runner is a hit. If it is a bust, oh well.

Wow. Your just leaking positive energy.

• wolfette Aug 17, 2014

Hi everyone! Does anyone remember what happened to crazy nurse that helped Peter in season 1?

• InesYnes Aug 17, 2014

She was dead in the trunk of Peter's car.

The cast is awful big right now.

Scott
    Stiles
    Lydia
    Kira
    Malia
    Liam
    Melissa
    Papa McCall
    Sheriff Stilinksi
    Lydia's mom
    Peter
    Derek
    Mason
    Danny Boy (Wherever he is)
    Coach
    Kira's Mom
    Kira's Dad
    Parrish
    Evil Deputy
    Liam's Dad
    Braeden
    Deaton
    Merrell (Where is she, supposedly she was supposed to be seen again)
    Gerard (sort of)
    Kate
    Satomi (Who seems to have become rather popular)
    Calaveras

I know there are a lot of recurring actors in there making the cast a little heavy I think. They probably need to "axe" a few. Though I don't want any of them gone, well except for Evil Deputy, Peter and Gerard. Parrish might take care of evil deputy for us tomorrow, who knows.

Its really hard to tell 12 one hour stories (actually probably 42 minutes) with that large of cast and fit everyones favorites in.

Definitely needs to slow the roll with the newbies.
    Add more Melissa and Sheriff Stilinski
    I love the parents together so I liked Noshiko and Melissa together.
    And gotta get Stiles and Derek back to interacting. Not sure the Sterek shippers didn't cause this one to get separated a little. Stiles and Derek and Scott all have great chemistry with each other. Can we actually count on one hand the number of scenes they have been in since like season 2.

• SnowflakeWolf Aug 21, 2014

True, but the main cast is actually only 1 more then it was in the beginning of the show. Which was 6. Now there are 7 of them.

(+ the season 2 pic misses Isaac, Boyd and Erica so technically there was 9 of them.
    And Kira's not on the last pic, but you get my point)

(++ It's okay to have a big cast, a lot of them gonna die sooner or later anyway, we're in Beacon Hills after all. ;) )

• InesYnes Aug 17, 2014

My unpopular list of suggestions for elimination:
    Liam, Chris Argent, Liam's dad, Mason, Peter, Deputy Parrish, Evil deputy, Scott's Dad, Kate Argent, Deucalion, Gerard they should either treat as a nonexistent or kill in the last five minutes of some episode. And then have Derek start working at the Sheriff station so he is at least somewhat related to the actual plot of the season.

• SweetMissJaye Aug 18, 2014

I actually love Chris Argent and I like Liam (though I'm not attached to him yet). But other than that, I like your list :P

• InesYnes Aug 18, 2014

I mainly just want them to clear out enough characters that they can do justice to the ones they have, who goes is less of an issue. But the only character I'm expecting to lose this season is Kate, maybe one or two others.

• SweetMissJaye Aug 19, 2014

I'd love to see Kate go (for good this time).

• InesYnes Aug 17, 2014

The Calaveras are not on the list on the assumption that they're going to be season villains in the near future. If that's not true they should be written off immediately.

Some of those would definitely be unpopular. You hate Liam so much that he is 1st on your list.

I think there are characters that we all would likely get rid of .

@InesYnes

At least it appears Liam is contributing and will be contributing, which is more than I can say for Kira at the moment.

• InesYnes Aug 17, 2014

I apologize if you're a Liam fan, I was moving down the list above me listing people. Chris Argent was second because I realized he wasn't there.

• hagarfisal Aug 17, 2014

why am the only one hating kira and scott together .. i don't see chemistry at all between them .. i also ship love triangles i hope there will be one between scott malia and stiles that would be interesting for me .. as they are best friends loving the same person.

• InesYnes Aug 17, 2014

I really really like Kira, but my favorite scenes of hers are when she's with her parents, or the episode last year when she was investigating things with Derek. Whenever she's with Scott her personality goes missing.
    But Stalia forever, Scott should stay single. I'd recommend him and Lydia, but given Lydia's rapid aging it seems they are actually heading for her and Parrish together.

• wolfette Aug 17, 2014

While i dont hate them there hasnt been a really good reason to like them together...it just seems more like friends to me + they are usually apart. Scott + allison are big shoes to fill...so i understood the slow growth last season.

Personally, I don't absolutely hate them together. They are sort of an odd couple, I think they need more scene time together to build some chemistry. I will be interested to see "Monstrous" next week, when Scott and Kira are supposed to help Satomi's pack. That could make or break it, I think.

Agree with chickennoodlesoup though, there does seem to be some chemistry between Liam and Kira.

Have I mentioned I'm really liking Liam, especially the chemistry with Scott. Good scenes with Stiles to. Loved Stiles comment about them being kids considering they are all still kids, goes to show how much they have grown up.

• SweetMissJaye Aug 17, 2014

I like Liam too. I hope he doesn't turn bad later on. I love the idea of Scott having someone younger than him looking up to him (and Stiles too). I loved Stiles' comment too :D

That might be a little on the soapish side. I think the main characters need to stay out of love triangles. There is some chemistry trouble there, personally I think serious alpha werewolf and goofy kitsune are having a problem. Loved Kira's scenes with Liam though.

Hope Jeff stays away from them.

I think the things that distinguishes Teen Wolf from other teenybopper supernatural shows is
    1: the lack of love triangles
    2: sparingly using "magic". let me explain a little. The "magic" of werewolf transformation, or super strength, speed I attribute what makes up the werewolf. Not really "magic" more natural I guess. This I don't mind at all.

The "magic" i don't want to see in the series is like "witchcraft hocus pocus". This is why I was a little disappointed with Jennifer/Darach in S3b. She was strong and could fight but she levitated the glass and killed Kali. Honestly I was a little disappointed. As was I with the twins morphing into one although since it was shapeshifting I let it go.

It is also why I think the show is going to have trouble with Kira. She doesn't really have any super powers that we have seen except the electricity and that is being used sparingly. Although I would love to see an electrified katana, I'm not sure that is the best thing for teen wolf.

I hate Scott and Kira together also. I wanted to give her a chance but their scenes together feel so forced and unnatural to me. I think she and Scott would be better off as friends. I'd love to see her remain on the show and do something useful. I'm sick of her cheesy scenes and her dumb use of that katana.

I'm no fan of love triangles and I'm glad Teen Wolf has avoided them thus far. They had the perfect chance to create a love triangle with Scott/Allison/Isaac and they didn't, so I doubt they'd do it with Scott/Stiles/Malia. This is one of the things that makes Teen Wolf stand out from other shows about teens and I'm honestly grateful for that.

This comment has been removed.

• mysticbeam Aug 16, 2014

one thing that was said about this season was that kira, lydia and malia would become friends. wel..sure that might be true for kira and lydia but on a whole we havent had much time dedicated to them fostering a friendship.
    also one of the biggest issues for me this season is that scott and stiles have only had anything to do with lydia when they had to, when they needed her. they havent really been there for her as a friend, in fact they've almost forgotten about her is what it seems like.

I agree... I remember the JD interview where he talked about the friendship between Lydia, Malia and Kira but we haven't seen much of that this season... And yes, I agree about Scott, Stiles and Lydia... I'd like to see them seek her out just to see how she's doing or something friendly like that, not just because they want "banshee help".

• chickennoodlesoup Aug 16, 2014

So I was thinking a little in general here. I'm starting to lean more towards Gerard, but I also thought it would be cool if maybe they reintroduced his character by flashing back to Allison's funeral.

BTW that brings me to a question?

Chris and Isaac were seen leaving for France(?) in the s3 finale. Did they take Allison back to France, did they bury her in Beacon Hills. When did they bury her, they left for France. I never really understood if they were from France why they buried Kate in BH, is Allison beside Kate's empty grave?
    Shouldn't all of them have a French accent. It seems like their history is in France, not Americans in France.

I mean at least some of the Calaveras sort of sound like they have a spanish accent. Severo especially.

I'm obsessed with casting/spoilers etc.
    Hey, did you all realize, Evil Deputy is the son of the HULK (Lou Ferrigno).
    Lou Ferrigno Jr plays evil deputy.

Next episode Catherine Black plays a character named Maddy, she bears some resemblance to the Hales, especially Talia. She looks a little older than high schooler but who knows.

Does anyone remember in Visionary any character that could have been Laura Hale. There is a cast list out there that includes a casting for Laura Hale

• wolffanatic Aug 16, 2014

On the identity of the benefactor I've been thinking. Here is what we "know"

1--Through MTV synopsis, the benefactor is an old enemy.
    2--Jeff has said the benefactor is a human, although I've looked and looked and cant find where I saw that.
    3--Benefactor is male according to Meredith. (She didn't say "him" for no reason)
    4--Likely has access to cool stuff like smoke bombs etc.
    5--Has some knowledge of the Beacon Hills community, the Hale family and the supernatural.

I think I'm going to have to settle on Gerard,

• See More Comments (148)