Teen Wolf's Full Season 4 Trailer: Creepy New Villains, Kate Argent's Return, and Shirtless Derek Hale (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

Jun 08, 2014

After a brief hiatus, Teen Wolf will return for Season 4 on Monday, June 23, and if the new extended new trailer is any indication, the series is returning to its roots. 

And I don't just mean lacrosse, though the sport definitely feels more Teen Wolf–y than cross country ever did. The meaty, 90-second promo has the same horror vibe of Seasons 1 and 2, especially because it introduces the mysterious new character known as the Benefactor, who seems intent on eliminating the supernatural creatures of Beacon Hills (so everybody on the show, basically?).

We already caught a glimpse of still-alive Kate Argent in the new Season 4 footage that was released last week, but this trailer makes it clear that the writers made a smart decision in bringing her back. Plus, we also get a look at newbies Dylan Spayberry, Mason Dye, and Khylin Rhambo, some hot makeout sessions, Papa Argent offering Scott some fatherly advice (!!!), shirtless Derek Hale (!!!!!!!!!), and Peter Hale being, well, Peter Hale. But the best part has to be that Dylan O'Brien's Stiles is back to his normal funny and sarcastic self, which I think we can all appreciate. Press play and then freak out with me in the comments!

• Comments (95)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • popogoh37 Jul 22, 2014

The only weak part of the show is the acting of Scott by Posey which is far less than believable. I just think Dylan's acting is so much better. For Derek, I'm pretty certain that he is much better than what we see, however, the crappy role he gets is kind of restricted his acting capability. All in all, it is a good show by MTV but too many new characters and too many of Scott's scenes really puts me off. I still wach though but it gets a bit irk for me. That is just my opinion, and no offense to anyone.

• WildPict Jun 20, 2014

I'm loving every part of this trailer!

• twohighheels Jun 14, 2014

Definitely thought that makeout scene was between Stiles and Lydia for a minute....writers, why must you rip out my heart and stomp it into tiny pieces?

• superjulia Jun 11, 2014

So I just finished watching Seasons 1-3 the other day and I must say I was surprised how much I liked it. The characters are well-developed and for once the adults aren't just useless parents with no knowledge of what's going on. And kudos to Dylan O'Brien for playing Stiles and that creepy demon last season. I'll keep watching!

• tiffanymiche11e Jun 11, 2014

i just.. i can't!! this looks sooo freakin good!

• rajat1792 Jun 10, 2014

Peter ! Peter! Peter!!
    give that guy a good role in this season.. he is worth it!!

• LorenzoMatter Jun 10, 2014

I watched this at work. Without sound. It still sent a shiver down my spine. When a show has that kind of power just from it's images alone you know it's the best show on TV!

• SophievdM Jun 10, 2014

OMG, OMG, OMG, I can't wait :D

• yyw Jun 09, 2014

Hi Kaitlin, thanks for the update. However, I'm worried about the silence of Price P.....is he going to do the recaps....right?

• thekaitling Jun 10, 2014

Price is 100% still doing photo recaps!

• yyw Jun 11, 2014

Did you know how much I love you in these moment!? You are an amazing writer, but Price P recaps make my day. Thanks girl! You are the rock!

• presidentragg Jun 09, 2014

I wonder: is The Benefactor going to be someone we already know who is hella rich and wants to kill a bunch of supernatural beings? Is it for some sort of sacrifice or power transfer at the good ol' Nemeton?? I guess only time will tell. And it will be interesting to see how the promise of money tempts our heroes.

Also, I hope these new characters aren't shitty. It will take a lot to replace the feeling of the old pack (especially Allison, whom I still mourn). On the bright side, at least they look like real freshmen and not 23-year-olds!

• thekaitling Jun 10, 2014

Hey, Dylan and Posey looked like babies in the beginning...

• See More Comments (36)