Teen Wolf: The First Teaser for Season 4 Is Here! (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

May 20, 2014

There are few things I love in life more than I love MTV's Teen Wolf, which is why I'm over the moon (heh) to inform you the network has released the first teaser for Season 4, which premieres Monday, June 23! 

The 40-second promo sees Scott (Tyler Posey), Stiles (Dylan O'Brien), Derek (Tyler Hoechlin) and Lydia (Holland Roden) emerging from a pile of ashes (which is slightly better than rising from a pile of vomited-up bandages) just as a crossbow is falling into them. Our junior high English textbook tells us that the crossbow—Allison's weapon of choice—is obviously a stand-in for her character, who died in Scott's arms in the penultimate episode of Season 3B. The ashes are presumably not the ashes of their departed friends (ew!), or even those of their defeated enemies, but those of their former lives. 

The tagline for Season 4 is "Cant go back," which I think means we'll be seeing our favorite Beacon Hills residents struggling to start over after the chaos created by the nogitsune last season. But at least one familiar face won't be present when the show returns: Daniel Sharman's Isaac Lahey. The scarf aficionado was last seen leaving for Europe with Chris Argent in the finale, but he must've met up with Jackson in London or something, as he's not coming back (if you need a cheekbones fix, Sharman has been cast as a witch in Season 2 of The Originals). 

Anyway, check out the trailer and then hit the comments with your own speculation and dreams for what you hope to see in Season 4!

And let's be real: Lydia would never allow herself to be covered in something as dirty as ashes, even in the name of a pretty cool metaphor. 

Are you excited for Season 4 of Teen Wolf?

• Comments (90)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • lifeofpi May 30, 2014

Heyyyyy, look at that you’re totally right!! Nice find!!

This is super cool cause it means that Berserkers have been a part of the larger Teen Wolf Mythos for a long while now!! Man I can’t wait to see how they interpret them on the show next season!!

• sanketirani May 28, 2014

I FUCKING love Teen Wolf...... So excited.... But Allison is dead.... No more true love romance.... In 4... Guess soo...... Bring her back to life plzzz.... :'cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

• gubsta May 27, 2014

I love Teen Wolf. So happy season 4 will be starting so soon. The promo looks awesome. Reminds me of The Fades. Awesome show as well but only got one season. Teen Wolf was one of those shows I rolled my eyes at when it first came out. Then slowly but surely it emerged as one of my favorite television shows to watch. I hope it continues to thrive and get another season after this. 12 or 24 episodes really doesn't matter as long as they keep making the show. So much love.

• awesomeness12345 May 24, 2014

i love this show... but I hate how scott seems weaker as an alpha.. I mean idt he has won a fight since becoming alpha

• WildPict May 21, 2014

Intriguing.

• sabas44 May 21, 2014

This has to be the best season. We will have to wait almost a year for season 5. I am sure Kate is not the main villain so what could they possibly face this time? I hope to see Scott and Derek fighting alongside each other. I am interested to see what Peter is up to. I wish to know Malia's origin and see her in a romantic relation with Stiles. I am waiting for an explanation to how Peter could have transformed Kate with her throat slashed and how could she awake a banshee. Also I would like to see more about the Hale family, Talia Hale, Derek's father, his deceased sister Laura in his youth and ancestors. I hope to see Scott bite someone and see new werewolves, especially a new teen.

• Bruce2113 May 27, 2014

Kate's not a banshee, she's some type of 'were' creature

• marshawnsimon1 May 29, 2014

She's a Werejaguar, She tweeted it after season 3b's finale.

• Martin6492 May 21, 2014

Hi all

Now before we get flamed we want to say that we do watch this and it can be interesting but we were a litlle confused with the last series, after all to us the show did not seem to know what it wanted to do.

The first main bad guy was the alpha pack then a teacher with a creepy monster face and finally some kind of trickster spirit that took over Stiles. Now we are all for plot twist's and new antagonists being introduced but it seemed to us that the show was trying to do too much.

Both of the previous seasons had one main baddie in season 1 it was Peter
    and in season 2 it was the kanema/stalker kid/ Gerard but at least both the stalker kid and Gerard were at one time or another master of the Kanema.

We just think that they should just keep it simple and only introduce another big bad if they absolutly need to, or drop subtle clue's and let us "the audience" figure it out for ourselves.

Food for thought is all we are saying

M

• HarriiObi May 26, 2014

I get were your coming from, there were a lot of themes arising from the past season, but don't forget that the first 2 seasons were only 12 episodes long, and the past season was 24. If they only had one antagonist then the show would start to get a little boring after a while, hence why then split it up into two sections- section 1 being the alpha pack and Jennifer. I agree the first half of the season had a lot packed in with two different antagonists

• dazednconfuuzed May 22, 2014

While I can appreciate where you're coming from, you also have to keep in mind that the first two seasons were each only 12 episodes long, while the 3rd season had twice that.. So it in reality they're moving along at about the same pace they always have been. I personally enjoy the break-neck pacing of this show, it keeps me on my toes..

• HarriiObi May 26, 2014

HAHAHA just wrote my comment then realised you just wrote the exact same thing xD At least someone is thinking the same thing :)

• dazednconfuuzed May 22, 2014

This comment has been removed.

• SophievdM May 21, 2014

I'm so excited! Waiting for this show to return has been hell.
    The trailer looks awesome and I can't wait to see what happends next to my favourite hot teen werewolves (and bashees, kitsunes, etc...)!

• TVshowMANIAC May 21, 2014

So excited! Love Scott, Lydia, Stiles and Derek! Glad they are the main groupies this time around! Excited to see what Malia and Kira officially bring to Scott's pack!

• sabas44 May 21, 2014

I hope to see Scott reach his full potential as an alpha, far more stronger than he was on S3B. Lydia is gaining control of her skills and I hope she is the new owner of Allison's crossbow. I would wish for Deaton or Morell to teach Stiles more about the druids. As for Derek, I don't know but I would like to see him as an alpha again. I want to know the origins of Malia and I hope to see her as a regular and not leave at the end of Season 4. As for Kira, it's enough Japanese mythology, no more kitsunes or spirits and no more skills. What I love about Teen Wolf is that it always had a balance between the natural and supernatural line.

• lifeofpi May 21, 2014

Posted by sinyhale.tumblr. Possible spoilers

Not!Meta Promo S4

It’s not a meta, it’s more like a wishful thinking.
    These thoughts all started with this picture
    that has nothing to do with this picture (clearly)
    I’m gonna call them the trio when referring to Scott, Stiles and Lydia, just to shorten it up a bit. (yo, fandom, we need a name for these three).
    Exciting parallels from Season 3A:
    Everything happens in reverse; Scott, Allison and Stiles dive into the darkness and now both Scott and Stiles are emerging from the ashes.
    The only “thing" falling to the ashes is…
    So many feels, right? ;_;
    I don’t think either of the main characters will just put behind their backs everything that happened and move forward, or at least I hope not. And seeing Allison’s bow featured in this promo gives me that kind of hope, but also how she will always remain a part of their lives. Keep in mind that the use of ashes means mourning.
    We see this new trio soooo different from all the other seasons. They look stronger, sharper and willing. They won’t let their friend die in vain and they will follow her code and they won’t let anyone else die. Which is why I’m babbling my Allison feels here, because protecting others was her mission and it’s now their mission. The trio expressions through the whole promo (yes I’m excluding Derek here, wait for it) have this constant tone “I’m not going to turn my back, I’m going to do this”. It’s a choice, their choice to embrace this life they’ve stumbled upon. Scott was bitten against his will, Stiles was possessed against his will, Lydia was bitten against her will. They were tortured, they lost, they screamed, they tried so hard to escape everything; all three of them were sucked into the supernatural without their consent and now that they lost so many people, especially one of their own, they’re not going to fight it anymore. I think Allison’s courage and code was the spark that ignited this.
    And now back to the reason why I started writing this and why I haven’t mentioned Derek yet.
    Lydia is literally turning her back against her old self, she’s embracing her powers, because “I saved a life the other day and it felt good" but she couldn’t save Allison, she tried, but she couldn’t. She’s going to move forward, not to forget Allison but to become stronger, to have control of her powers.
    Now, we never saw Stiles running away from anything. The opening credits always showed him walking out of the light, his comfort zone, to a path of darkness. But there’s definitely a different vibe here in this shot… He’s too… calm.
    Remember when I was talking about the trio having these expressions of willingness through the whole promo? Well, then we have Derek.
    We finished S3B with Derek “dreaming” of Stiles. Jeff said the short story An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge was his inspiration for this scene. Not going to get into many details about it, but the protagonist is in denial through the whole story. He’s close to dying and nothing that happens from that moment on is real. Derek is shot by Kate and close to dying, this whole experience is clearly very traumatic for him; reason why he “escapes” to somewhere else. In that “dream” scene, Stiles looks so calm, it’s actually very unsettling for his character, imo. Meanwhile, Derek is freaking out. I don’t remember a scene where we’ve seen Derek like that, freaking out and opening himself to someone else.
    After the confirmation that Kate is alive, we know now that Derek is injured, and, according to spoilers, he’s been captured.
    This is just wishful thinking, but seeing the jump from such a calm Stiles (who was possessed, let’s keep that in mind) to Derek shaking his head and eyes closed, only makes me go back to that final scene. There’s a two months jump from that scene to when S4 will start, that’s A FREAKING LONG TIME for Derek to be somewhere being tortured and god knows what else.
    Closed eyes? Darkness, dreams, stuff like that. Shaking head? Denial, questioning what’s real and what’s not.
    NOW THE PACK FEELS and mostly why I started writing this.
    The jump from Derek to this scene gives me so many brothers feels that I need a moment here :)))
    We know the trio will be saving Derek, they will travel to Mexico and try to rescue him. From a scene with Derek in complete distress… to a Scott ready to sprint, ready to save him.
    And this is what made me so excited about the promo:
    They’re…
    running…
    …towards Derek! They’re running to save Derek.
    And Derek is running towards them!
    :)))
    This money shot that some people have been questioning, is probably connected to the new villain called The Benefactor, which is someone that helps others, mostly always financially, like an investment. We saw the money shots on the video that teased some BTS images from Season 4. Will the trio approach this Benefactor to save Derek?
    What will they promise to this Benefactor in order to get his help?
    (image source)
    Anyway, this mission to rescue Derek seems to be a big thing for the plot this season, not just at the beginning, because I assume this Benefactor doesn’t have the best intentions and whatever plan they have it will backfire for sure, at some point. I haven’t found any reference to Kate in this promo, which is kind of odd? and it might be good or it might be terrible. Terrible because she might not be the main focus this season, which could mean her new arc is not going to just be this season ahah…
    But, do not worry, they get together and safe in the end (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
    It would be awesome if someone with knowledge could meta this promo cinematographically, because all the different angles seem to carry a lot of meaning!

Just a little plus that has little to do with the thoughts in the rest of this text. Scott seems to be going to struggle quite a lot during this season, because while Stiles and Lydia move forward and Derek escapes; Scott is always like back and forth. The cuts from him to Allison’s bow are clearly very much intentional. He’s going to struggle with her death, but I think he’s also going to struggle with his power. Also, notice how in the middle of the promo, he’s the only character that falls into the ashes again.
    More thoughts. We always see the characters dressed with different colors during promos, but this promo shows Derek and Stiles with the exact same colors. I don’t necessarily think this means anything Stereky, (unless they explore Derek’s dream while he’s being captive; also, since this is no longer Stiles’ arc, I don’t see a reason to why?? we see so many close ups of Stiles running unless he’s the one leading the pack to Derek). We have Lydia with black and white, symbolizing death and life, leading us to her banshee powers (notice the contrast between this Lydia and the Lydia from the promos of S3B). Then you have Stiles and Derek in blue (both killers because blue, get it?, ahah so sorry), more specifically dark blue which can symbolize union, truth and stability (imo, they will be the ones anchoring Scott through the season - my team lionheart feels are bursting!! - but it can also mean something else, it seems 408 is a big Sterek episode?? whatever that means). And, finally, we have Scott in red, which we all know what it means by now (courage, danger, leadership, love, power, strength, longing - sorry again.

• See More Comments (38)