Great

Secretly wished it was more violent

By anastasia1243, Feb 08, 2014

Various ep (03-09)

Turtle Power!

By FX, Jan 04, 2013

Great cartoon. Sticks to the comic for the most part and has an edge to it for a kids show. They use a ton of fun pop references including music and movie references. Makes for a great watch, the movie finally is also great. It is actually one of the funniest movies I saw as the poke fun of each Turtle generation that came to be till that point. So order up a pizza and slap on your ninja masks cause this show will make you yell COWABUNGA!moreless

Amazing

By JoshDonenberg, Oct 30, 2012

BEST. TV SHOW. EVURRRRR

Closer to the comics.

By JessicaCoppie, Oct 02, 2012

Now let me just say, I love everything that's TMNT. Honestly, but I'm also one of those that's a sucker to something that's closer to the original story and that's what this series is. I had seen every episode of this series dozens of times before I finally got my hands on a copy of the original comics. I was relieved to find that the producers of this series kept it pretty close to what Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman actually wrote and drew all those years ago. It warmed my hard, and just made me fangasm all over my desk.

Now what really makes me sad when I see all these bad reviews for '03 series because "It's just not as good as the original". Well, I'm sorry to inform, but it's very close to the actual original story line. Yes the 80's series is a classic, and it's very funny and pleasing to watch when you just need a good laugh or some nostalgia moments. The animation isn't too bad and the characters are very loveable, but if you put it side to side with the '03 I would have to say '03 is superior. The characters each have their own personality, the animations is clean, crisp and accurate, and the screenplay and voice actors really pull everything together right where it's supposed to be, and the first few seasons follow the comics very closely. Yes every show has it's faults and this one's no exception. There are many times phrases are use too often, or they colored things wrong, or the voice acting isn't quite up to par, but those are just normal downfalls to any animated or even live action series'.

Over all, if you are a true fan of the TMNT franchise and haven't read the original comics or seen this series yet, give it a shot. Forget about your nostalgia of the 80's series and just watch this series that will show you just what you're missing. Yes they add things and change things around, but this is as close as you could get before you actually have to read the comics.

moreless

One of the best shows around!

By ShioriSohma, Jul 07, 2012

I've been a TMNT fan before this came and after seeing this I became an even bigger TMNT fan.It also makes me want to read the comics.The animation is good, the voices fit each character exspically Mikey's (my fav), Raph's, Splinter's and April's.The plot is really good too and alot of times you'll be wondering in your mind what will happen next and if the turtles can make it out ok.This show also has a bit of its own originality such as their origin of The Shredder.The music is pretty good too.Fans of TMNT won't be disapointed in this show. ^-^moreless

Adfventurous!

By T_VFan, May 01, 2012

I love turtles! These are the best kick butt funny ninjas you'll find on tv for your kids and young boys to follow! But they have tails! Casey is cool (despite a little intimidating with his hockey mask), Master Splinter is the best guide ever. A real classic! Graphics are great, the missions are great, and everything is packed with fun and suspense!

Both TV versions are good but different. This one is edgier and closer to the comic.

By gizmo1022, Mar 08, 2012

This TMNT television show is excellent and much closer to the original comic than the older cartoon. I loved the earlier TMNT too but it was directed for younger audiences and kinda wacky and dorky at times. This one is darker, more realistic, and has a stronger connection to the original version of TMNT. The characterizations are almost all spot on, the voice acting is great and the adventures are...well...more adventurous. Episodes like SAINW are edgy and even thrilling and the relationships between the brothers is heartwarming and far more believable than the earlier show (they were more like friends or fighting partners than brothers). The only big problems I have with this show are April and her outfit...seriously who wears a tight belly shirt while working in a laboratory...or working any professional job for that matter?! The other problem is Fast Forward...seriously...things went downhill in the future arc and never came back uphill. I didn't like the art change or the weird bad guys etc that followed in BTTS. Overall, this was a great show with interesting characters, plot lines and decent action/drama etc. Plus I LOVE Donny so any Donny centric episode was magical to me.moreless

Out of all of the cartoons of the 00's, I didn't think this was the best, that goes to Spectacular Spider-Man, but I do think that its a vastly underrated series.

By DuelMark, Jan 04, 2012

Fans of the original cartoon have mixed opinions at best about this series, which I think is stupid. These are trolls and purists who don't acknowledge the true creators or source material. This was one of my favorite shows of the 00's. I never see that many people praise it, I never see it being brought up at IGN and people like Stuttering Craig bash it, I consider this cartoon to be underrated. There's plenty to dislike, but there was more to dislike about the classic cartoon. I also think this show has more to like: great animation, good action, well developed characters, impressive villains, fantastic story telling. And yeah, the last two seasons are mixed at best, but I've seen worst writing at times.

If you haven't watched it yet, check it out for and decide for yourself.moreless

This review is not written by me, but by bryanoftoons/viewtifulboy. I'm posting for him.

By Matt_Purosky, May 31, 2011

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has been around for over a century, and there were some people who got worried about 4Kids owning it's license, but now, even from people who generally hate 4Kids Entertainment, people believe it's the best work they've ever done.

Let's start with the writing. It's good. There are several seasons, story arcs, and even a few times they reference the 1980's series (Especially in that "Secret Origins arch. They referenced it 3 times!). This is actually darker than that old series, but still keep it to a TVY7 rating. My only real writing gripe is saying "shell" instead of hell. It's clever, but I just hear it too often for it to be that clever. Now it's just annoying. None of the turtles say anything out of character, no terrible puns, and nothing really cheesy. Plus almost every character has some kind of backstory that they reveal to you in time, which really brings out their character.

The animimation is what I will call "very good". It's no spectacular, but it's way above average. Nothing is ever choppy, they're smooth and accurate, and they have correct speed (by that I mean fast blows really have an impact and slow blows are weak). Even in some of the chaotic fighting scenes the animation doesn't slow down. Good work there.

The music is the kind of music you'd want to listen to while playing an extreme beat-em-up game, which is a good thing. 4Kids is really good with the music and theme songs, but the music IN the show could use more guitar, but that's just my tastes. The voice acting is as great as you'd expect. Though sometimes they go a little off character when they voice. Splinter's voice also sounds a little breathy, like he's exhaling air more than he's talking.

Let's wrap this up with my opinions on the series' characters. I just love them. All of them are very unique with their own set of abilities. You've got Casey with his blunt objects, Shredder with his claws and technology (plus he's a badass), and my favorite, Baxter Stockman. Super genius. And with other unique villains and heroes it makes it look like they'll never run out of ideas.moreless

Probably one of the best remakes ever done! The Turtles rule in this show, proving that even in the 21st century, they're still one of the coolest teams that was ever created.

By frosty_ice, Nov 21, 2010

Although the 80's version of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was one of the best cartoons ever produced. It was funny, and we had lots and lots of cool characters that interacted with both the Turtles and with the audience (the gags and jokes were hillarious). But in this new version, we get to see an alternative story of the Turtles and the way their arch-enemy, the Shredder is involved in it. The fact that we get to see new versions of most characters, like April and Casey, and the way they interact with the main storyline, gives us the feeling that these characters were originally designed for a series like this one, and not the original one, back in 1987. The voice cast is quite good, and we get a good bunch of laughs when hearing the characters interact with each others. The storyline is way darker than the original one, and most of the characters have new personalities and looks, which contributes positively to the success of the show. From the first episode, to April and Casey's wedding, this series has surprised me in all ways. Too bad it ended too soon, but at least, they went out with a really great bang, by giving us the ultimate Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles crossover. In a scale one to ten, I give it an 11.moreless

Load More Reviews