Cowabunga, Dude! Watch the Trailer for Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

Mar 27, 2014

To be honest, when the following trailer first came across my virtual desk, I thought it was a joke. In fact, I'm still not entirely convinced that it isn't a joke. Michael Bay, master of explosions and killing all of my childhood memories, is about to release a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie starring Megan Fox as April O'Neil. Like, it's bad enough you've destroyed Transformers for me, Michael Bay, but now you also want to make me turn against Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo, too? 

I have a lot of thoughts and questions about this new film, which hits theaters August 8. The most important one being this: Will Vanilla Ice be appearing in it? And will he perform his mega-super-awesome hit song "Ninja Rap"? In case you've forgotten the song in question, it's the one with the catchy chorus of, "Go ninja, go ninja, GO!" Look, I've even embedded it here for you:

The rest of my thoughts and questions include:

– Remember the awesomeness of the cartoon theme song?

– I wonder whether I can find copies of the three films made in the '90s...

– Megan Fox? Seriously?

It's not that I don't want a live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film—in fact, I'm totally going to see this—but I've been burned by Bay before. I'm worried he's going to taint my childhood memories again. Either way, check out the first official trailer and then decide whether or not you approve of this madness: 

Whaddaya think? Will you see go see this movie? Is Megan Fox as April a horrible decision? And most importantly, which turtle is your favorite?

thekaitling:list:whos-your-favorite-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle/

• Comments (96)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • peacelovegayness Jul 09, 2014

The first tmnt movie was the best one and it was not 87 when it came out it was 92 duh

First off leave Megan fox alone she is a great actress and is the best to play April o Neil second Michael bay did not ruin anyones childhood all his movies is the best and the best pick for the tmnt 2014 movie ALL THE TMNT MOVIES IS AWESOME ANYONE THAT DISAGREES IS NOT A DIE HARD TMNT FAN

• Raph81 Mar 31, 2014

This movie is going to be awesome! I don't know why everyone thinks it needs to be the 90's turtles version otherwise it's gonna ruin everything! The very first ever teenage mutant ninja turtles weren't anything like the 87 turtles and the ONLY reason they made them like that was so little kids could watch the show! Well I'm not a little kid anymore and I want the real deal teenage mutant ninja turtles for who they truly are! No more sugar coating them and no more soft pansy joke turtles! The original bad ass, butt kicking teenage mutant ninja turtles! That's who tmnt are not the stuff from the 80's or the joke that's on nick today! Those are NOT the turtles! And it's quite sad really that a lot of people can't accept that nor do they even really know them cause they never read any of the original comics! So with that said, I hope to god that Michael bay brings in the real deal turtles! And by the looks of it he kinda did!! "City at war"! Know your stuff people before you start judging!

• andyj34 Mar 30, 2014

Who's going to be Shredder? Megan Fox she'll do for eye candy. Let's hope it's a one-off rather than Michael Bay's fondness for trilogies.

• davidljoseph9 Mar 29, 2014

I don't think anybody is or will be forcing you to watch....they already had a ninja turtle movie back in the days and it was beyond ridiculous so stop you useless complaints

• Tvking00 Mar 28, 2014

I'll give it a chance, the only thing I dont like is Megan Fox. I also dont get why people are complaining about the turtles tho, its not like they had an immaculate design before.

• JT_Kirk Mar 28, 2014

Donny was my favorite until the new show where they had him in love-love with April, so now it's Leo.

I remember the cartoon's theme, I just didn't remember it holding up so poorly over the years. And yet it launched Chuck Lorre's TV career (he wrote the theme).

Yeah, Megan Fox as April O'Neil is seriously the stupidest casting.

I am not going to see this, it looks horrible. The Shredder and April's dad made the turtles intentionally. The turtles' faces are hideous. They are gigantic instead of short.

• kou_shun_u Mar 28, 2014

Why can't people write their own damn stuff anymore instead of stealing stuff from the past and making a whack job of it?!?! TV and Movies.

I still refuse to see his Transformers. C'mon Bubblebee isn't even a VW Bug. As far as I am concerned the only Transformers movie is the one with HotRod and Unicron.

And now this?!?!!? April O'Neil isn't a redhead, Splinter is non-existent, who knows what they did to Shredder and the Turtles did not become TMNT without the help of radioactive ooze.

And you so know there won't be any awesome catchy songs from it like this:

Hell I didn't even watch the TMNT reboot shows.

But the question is, will Leonardo get to lead this time?

This comment has been removed.

• kou_shun_u Sep 05, 2014

Clearly you don't follow the attributes of your moniker. The TMNT first comic I had her hair was red. And say her hair was black in the first issue, she then dyed it and kept it red for years on after. Furthermore it doesn't excuse the change of races of characters.

• jtate1984 Mar 31, 2014

About b it's a movie who wants to see vb plus need sponsor to make a high action packed movie be realistic about it not so serious

• techdude Mar 28, 2014

Michael Bay is the P. Diddy of movies! Taking hits from the 80's and destroying them. What i wouldn't give for originality in Hollywood! If he touches Voltron, i'm gonna go ape $hit!!!

• slipknot1485 Mar 28, 2014

Look I came into this movie with low expectations. I am a huge Turtles fan. I will admit I was kinda impressed a little bit. The trailer looks serious not too funny. I want to see the official trailer when it comes out to get more action. The Turtles are gonna need to get use to. They are not great looking, but they are not horrendous either. I still don't like Megan Fox though. Still a bad choice on that.

• See More Comments (50)