Teletubbies

Show Reviews (155)

Bad
3.8

Pretty underrated but there are still better kid shows out there

By weihaokim, Oct 12, 2014

Teletubbies are still > Barney

But I wouldn't really recommend this show for kids.

A lot of the bad reviews on here are don't even think there's evidence of you even watching the show.

Teletubbies aren't happy all the time contrary the popular belief,there's actually SOME conflict like when one epsiode I watched where lalas ball got sucked up by noo noo and then they panic and chase him,there's this other time when the teletubbies are fighting over tinky winkys purse when they found out it can store happens is that a problem occurs and the teletubbies solve it and learning a lesson of teamwork or friendship.

They also don't talk gibberish all the time,sure they do but they don't main it as their main language,they actually spoke some REAL words.

This show doesn't have those annoying baby songs which speak about friendship and junk but in reality just an ear worm for the kids to watch the show.

There is some repetitiveness in this show but at least it's not all the time and not to the kind of thing when they recycle the same idea over and over again like Dora or Barney.

The problem I have with this show is the visuals,the tummy tv thing and the intro

Please change the stupid intro,from what I can tell from the intro:teletubbies come out of some hole,so as to appease their baby sungod then government periscopes come out of nowhere and teach them how to appease the baby sun god and they do some kind of ritual dance before a random windmill appears which shows that the baby sun god is appeased amd they say uh oh for no reason and an unholy attempt to mind control intro song is pretty good though.

The sets design are weird. teletubbies home and noo noos design is sun is really creepy,teletubbies look like nazi monkeys,the periscopes also creep me out as a kid.

The tummy tv thing while not unholy,features the same thing over and over it's boring.

If you can pass the intro(I know that I used to hide behind the sofa and wait for the intro to be over as a kid)

The unholy set designs and annoying tummy tv it's actually quite a good baby there's better shows out there.moreless

Underrated to the max.

By Oldnickolodeon34, Aug 23, 2014

I'm shocked at how much criticism this show recieves, it is quite possibly the most underrated show of all time. It's strange to admit, but I enjoyed this show as a kid and I still do. It's surely not fast paced and annoying like Boohbah or Yo Gabba Gabba. Each Teletubby is very charming and cute and are sure to relate to younger kids. And Tinky Winky isn't gay, the "gay" rumors are stupid, it's a kids show for crying out loud! While the sun being a babys face is pretty creepy, I can overlook it since the show isn't completely centered around him. I also liked the Vacuum Cleaner Nunu and his ability to clean up things. The show also has great set designs and very relaxing background music. The thing that bothers me the most in terms of this shows criticism is people complaining how it's not educational, it actually is if you give the show a chance. Despite having no dialogue aside from the narrator and The Teletubbies lines, it actually teaches lessons about friendship, kindness, manners, teamwork, and sticking together no matter what. It's strange to admit, but I still enjoy watching this show as of today, and it sure does bring back a lot of good memories. And the good news is that they're bringing it back into production after 10 years, let's hope they don't ruin it.moreless

So much better than other crappy kids' shows

By Roletiderole, Aug 14, 2014

I used to think this was the most underrated show ever, but then they made Liv and Maddie. This was also my favorite show until Liv and Maddie came out. I just reviewed Dora the Explorer and now I'm on Teletubbies! I'm still watching One Hundred and One Dalmatians. They finally got the message to the Colonel and now St. Tibs in in the De Ville House investigating the crime! I wish this movie had a profile at this site. They don't have a profile for The Jungle Book either.moreless

ok so... wow!

By alyyiki, Aug 01, 2014

i must say .. i was on youtube maybe a few months ago me and my dad and brother watched this episode it was so funny and weird and stupid we couldnt stop laughing! we like watching crap like this 2 make fun of it, K? itd never be something that i think is learning and creativity and point of this is... 0. they mustve been on drugs. heck, look at the episode, musical playtime, then write down what u learned.. which will be nothing!!moreless

NOOOOOO!!!!!

By demariusbridg, Jul 27, 2014

Teletubbies freaking sucked! No wonder I never watched that peice of crap when I was younger. All I remember from that show are four fat multicolored baby looking things and the sun with the face. This show was just plain terrible.

If you want to keep your three year old entertained instead of scarred for life then I don't suggest anyone to watch this show.

Watch Caillou or Little Bill instead.

@Disney4life: sorry it took me so long to reply. I visit this site weekly, not daily, so it may take a while. But I still haven't gotten a chance to watch Rabbids Invasion yet. I'll definitely get to it ASAP.moreless

So much better than the Rabbids.

By Disney4life, Jul 22, 2014

Rabbids Invasion is a poor man's Teletubbies. Period. Just like how Sanjay and Craig is a poor man's Regular Show. Let your kids watch this instead. The Rabbids has too much toilet humor (in one episode literally even!) and violence, as well as bad behavior and messages. This show is a classic. I don't see how anyone could dislike this show, but like THAT show.

UPDATE ON OCTOBER 11 (originally posted on October 5): ShadowPhoenix, have you SEEN Rabbids Invasion? It's much worse than this show. And dumber. It's one of those shows where when you watch it you can feel your IQ points dropping as you watch it.

UPDATE ON OCTOBER FEBRUARY 2: Nick has an upcoming show called Breadwinners that airs in 20 days. Today I found the pilot on YouTube and showed it to my family. EVERYONE HATED IT! They all said it was the worst thing they'd seen in their lives. And that includes The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure (2012), Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale (2006), and Rabbids Invasion. So I won't be surprised when Breadwinners gets a 1.9 just like Marvin Marvin here and Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale at IMDb. My Aunt said I should rate it as low as possible just to get the score down. Unfortunately, the lowest one can rate is 1, unless you are a prolific author. I have been working on that for months (6 plus months), so I can rate stuff like Marvin Marvin, Fred: The Show, and The Oogieloves a 0.0. Breadwinners is next on my "to rate 0.0 once I can" list.

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 18: Breadwinners premiered yesterday. I have reviewed it. It's bad but not as bad as Sanjay and Craig. Also, to Oldnickolodeon34: I think this really IS the most underrated show ever! Like you said, there's nothing wrong with it and it sure as hell beats any of the new crap Nick has been creating lately. Like Rabbids Invasion, The Thundermans, The Haunted Hathaways, Sanjay and Craig, Sam & Cat (which had so much potential but sadly is a good example of a good idea gone bad), and of course, Breadwinners. The only show that I think is even half as underrated as this Liv and Maddie, which also gets too much hate for no good reason. We need more shows like these, and less like the ones I mentioned that are currently polluting Nick.

UPDATE ON JULY 22: demariusbridg, can you PLEASE review Rabbids Invasion? This is like the fourth time I've asked, I asked in my reviews of Breadwinners, Sam & Cat, AND Every Which Way. As I said before, to all the people saying this show sucks, watch all those crappy shows on Nick right now. And Rabbids Invasion IS a shameless rip-off of this show, just like how Breadwinners AND Sanjay and Craig are shameless rip-offs of Regular Show, plus Sanjay and Craig also rips of Adventure Time while Breadwinners rips off classic SpongeBob episodes. And then The Thundermans and The Haunted Hathaways also rip-off Wizards of Waverly Place, plus The Thundermans also rips off The Incredibles. And to huthcumber, it's true! Po is awesome! She's my favorite of the Teletubbies and I even had a crush on her for a while (don't sue me). And why recommend Caillou over this show anyway? Don't people hate that show just as much as this? Everywhere I go I hear complaints about that show and how the kid's a spoiled brat who never gets punished by his parents. OldNickolodeon34 is right, this show DOES teach about friendship just like The Fox and the Hound! It also teaches kindness and I've seen some episodes where REAL educational value is there, they've taught numbers and letters, shapes and colors, and they even had a video about exercising. Plus they teach kids how to dance. This show does a FAR better job at teaching dancing than Shake it Up does. So yeah, all you haters, try watching an episode of Rabbids Invasion or any other show in my list Worst new Nick shows since 2008 and TELL ME you STILL think this is the worst show or the worst kids' show ever. I mean all they do on shows like Sanjay and Craig or Breadwinners is talk about butts, barfing, flatulence, and poop. This show is completely clean and family-friendly!moreless

Po is Unbeeveabow!!

By huthcumber, Jul 17, 2014

Baby Po is the cutest, smartest, smelliest little scooper in the universe.

The worst show ever

By ShadowPhoenix, Apr 25, 2014

I'm glad I never watched this, my mom has a burning hatred for this unspeakable piece of filth and never bought it. This show, if you can call it that, makes no sense whatsoever. Four demonic aliens dancing around and singing and a baby, the creators should go fuck themselves.

On a more sympathetic note, the creators have my absolute pity and should go and create something that isn't a waste of space. They must have been on drugs when they made this. Maybe they should be shot. I know people can have their opinions but I can't believe a perfect score and a 9.0 sits directly below this text, seriously?moreless

Great for toddlers

By RyanGriffin1, Sep 29, 2013

Yup, this show is great! Toddlers can really learn a lot of stuff in life from this

Load More Reviews