Tenchi Muyo!

Show Reviews (23)

Great

The funniest anime of all time, maybe even funnier than Excel Saga. Anyone who doesn't like Tenchi Muyo has no sense of humor at all.

By lightning_kf, May 24, 2010

You'll instantly fall in love with Tenchi Muyo from the first 3 minutes. Water nearly comes out of my eyes everytime I watch an episode or OAV from this anime. It's so funny. However it does have its emotional moments which is good once in a while.

As you can see, the characters in it aren't human and they're both unique. It's tough to find a personal favorite, I don't care what anyone says. If I did have a favorite, Sasami would be it.

So ailen girls, hilarious moments and some action added to the mix make this an unforgettable show.moreless

One lucky, unfortunate boy named Tenchi stumbles across a diverse group of "foreign" beautiful girls. Little does he know what he's getting into when he only begins to befriend them.

By sunkissedxhunny, May 15, 2008

Tenchi Muyo is one of the first animes I ever really got into. It was full of colorful characters that constrasted each other so well, the show was always interesting. From seducing demons to decieving princesses, the show never got old. It had it's share of sentimental moments, a ton of action scenes, and plenty of laughs. Even though this show is aimed mainly towards boys because of the occasional nudity, even girls enjoy it too. This show also has two other animes that base off it called Tenchi Universe and Tenchi in Tokyo, but Tenchi Muyo is by far the best. This anime is one I definetly would recommend for viewers who grew up with anime in the 90's.moreless

without a doubt, THE BEST ANIME I HAVE EVER WATCHED (Tenchi Muyo!) i will be giveing seperate reviews for the 4 shows, please try to keep up :).

By Broly103091, Dec 19, 2007

ok lets start off with the original Tenchi Muyo! the OVA.

now this is a 13 long series that did so well, its like impossible considering the circumstances. now for anime tv shows, they usually have a manga come first then a tv show, now for tenchi and i mean all of them, the tv shows came first. muyo, universe, tenchi in tokyo, and ryo-ohki came with nothing to guide it. holy crap right???? anyways so as far as the characters were, you immediately have a liking for tenchi the protagonist. Ryoko is a sexy space pirate who likes tenchi, Ayeka a Juraian princess who takes a little bit longer to bond with him. Sasami likes tenchi immediately. Washu the #1 genius scientist in the universe who thinks of him as a guinea pig. and mihoshi a clutzy galaxy police officer. they were all standing out in the story and this show had 2 plots for thw whole 13 eps. the rest of it was deep character development which really taught us why the characters did certain things. overall, i have to say that i couldnt find anything wrong with this anime at all!!! the humor is great and ive seen all the eps like 100 times and the jokes still hit. motivation for the girls loving tenchi is played out very well. everything was perfect.

UNIVERSE

now the same characters are introduced but note this is an alteration to muyo.the characters like muyo u fall in love with and as far as how the plot goes, it doesnt start until the 14th episode. so as far as this show went there were a little bit of flaws, the story lagged a bit with unnecessary episodes. (like no need for a ghost.) the tenchi humor is there as always and it hits a lot of touvching moments on this series. (like no need for Ryoko the best episode of the series.) other than the lagging story its great. the girls motivation is still very well done. the 2nd best anime ive ever seen.

Tenchi in tokyo

now this takes a big turn from the original plot in which tenchi is juraian. he has no link to jurai at all in this. all the girls meet up with tenchi at the same time in a big space fight. the plot of this one is tenchi becoming a priest in tokyo and how the girls react to him living away from him. the women love him as always, and tenchi goes out on a date with someone for once, all those people who want TenchixRyoko watch this series. like universe before it, it touches on a dramatic, sensitive feel for the show. the plot played out well with a steady story telling, the nsame amount of info happening in each episode. no lagging happened in this one, but the drawings were, how to say this.... kind of done in a lazy way its pretty wierd.... but like always tenchi never officially picks someone but it looks like its Ryoko again.XD

Ryo-Ohki

now this is just a continuation of muyo and im glad because its tenchi the way we all like im. its pretty fresh and goes to bring a few questions, while answering the ones in muyo. i wont give a seperate description of this because ive grouped it with muyo. a 6 episode series though while very short makes its points as it was intended for. although the last episode leaves you wanting more.

the sad part is that not many people have heard about these shows.moreless

Take 6 girls that are all in love with the same guy and then put them under the same roof. What do you get? A huge mess with Tenchi in the middle!

By Ninja_Avatar875, Apr 05, 2007

This is my absolute favorite comedy anime ever! This anime really good! It basically takes a space pirate(Ryoko), 2 princesses(Ayeka and Sasami), 2 galaxy patrol officers(Kyonie and Mahoshi) and a mad scientist(Washu) and dumps them on the lap of our hapless hero, Tenchi! The only problem with the equation is that Tenchi is too shy! Also having this girls brings on their own set of problems ranging from love triangles to galatic issues such as a ranging from throne plots to mad demons. This is all in day's work for Tenchi. This show does have it serious episodes to offset the sheer hilarity of Tenchi's love problems. The sci-fi feel and action all make it a great show to watch, love, and laugh like a maniac!moreless

A series of a High School Boy with 'Girlfriends' from Outer Space, originated in Japan.

By Kowloon5, Jan 28, 2007

Tenchi's first Adventures were in Meeting Ryoko, the Space Pirate, Ayeka, Ryoko's Rival for Tenchi's love, Sasami, Ayeka's Sister, and the Space Police. His Next 26 Adventures were of Going into outer Space and defeating many Tyrants who are destroying the galaxy. then Finally, Tenchi's Adventures regale in Tokyo, Japan. where She meets Sakuya, Who doesn't know the risks of being Tenchi's Girlfriend, but came as a shock as she is really Yugi's Shadow. in the End Yugi, of Her own free will slept in Her dimension until she becomes Sakuya and everything is going normal or normal as it gets. can it be on Toon Disney?moreless

Take 2 Alien princesses, 1 female space pirate, 2 galaxy police detectives (one of whom is a bumbling idiot), 1 galaxy renowned mad scientist, and one simple county-raised guy. And put all of them living in the same house, and you get "hijinx galore".

By M_DD, Sep 04, 2006

I really like this anime series. It may take someone new to it, a bit to get used to the characters. But there is a clear dicodemy to how everyone related to one another, and some of those relations are fuel for the fire for love triangles and mischief. My friends at tenchiintoyo dot org have been watching this show for several years now, and there are still loads of things to talk about. If I missed an episode, there is always someone else there who can fill me in on what I missed, and to help bring me up to speed on how events in that missed episode reverberates in later episodal plots. Watch it, and you'll agree. I give it two thumbs up!

-M_DDmoreless

A really off-ball but cool show.

By blackwolf_13, Aug 09, 2006

I really liked Tenchi Muyo. Tenchi Universe was okay, but for the Tenchi in Tokyo fans, I'm sorry, but I really couldn't stand that one. My favorite character was Ryoko. For a few years I even had aquired the nickname Ryoko, which was kinda ironic being that the character Ryoko and I have nothing at all in common. I was a humerous action show, and Ayeka and Ryoko's quarrels never stop amusing me. This is a show I really miss.

I watched the show and I own the OVA dvds, great for people who are introduced to anime.

By Catistrophic, Jun 22, 2006

Tenchi Muyo is a comical, outrageous, and awesome show that takes on all the genres and mashes them in a tasty and sweet drink that will make you love the show forever. The characters are all colorful, different, and have the love for a young man who has broughtened them all together. The plot follows along through the story with creativity and humor. The plot may twist at times but it makes up for it in the humor and action in the show. All in all, a wonderful show that may be the greatest anime ever.moreless

Tenchi Muyo was my favorite show on TV. Then they cancelled it and now I'm mad! I mean it was the greatest show on Toonami and the next thing you know, it's off the air. Now Toonami isn't cool anymore because they ruined it for me and everyone else.......

By j-miller, Jun 21, 2006

This was the coolest show on Toonami because I was tired on shows like Dragonball Z and Gundam Wing. At least this show was funny, real funny like Excel Saga funny! I remember Ryoko she was the key to making Tenchi Muyo a great show but Ayeka was annoying. There should be an episode where Ayeka gets fatter and fatter and Ryoko gets prettier and prettier; now that would be funny. Then Sasami turns into a ramageing T-Rex and devours the city of Toyko. Then the whole show ends when the universe imploded and everyone died. THE END! TM Tmoreless

Load More Reviews