Resistance

Episode Reviews (6)

Great

When "COPS" gets 25 seasons, should "Terra Nova" really get only one season?

By BevinChu, Nov 11, 2012

When "COPS" gets 25 seasons, should "Terra Nova" really get only one season?

What were the network executives thinking?

Oh, Washington.......

By leungkora, Dec 28, 2011

I want Washington back in the new season!!!!!!!!

Great Season Ending

By Mo1967, Dec 24, 2011

I love the whole concept of this show, but there are a few things that the writers should have explained better.

For example, why do the greedy corporate gangsters want to remain in their time (with a polluted Earth and an environment that has been raped to death by mankind)? Why bother mining minerals from the past to take to a dead world? You would think they would want to sell black market tickets to the past instead. They can take control of the portal, and then use it to send technology and workers there to set up their own city in the past, and then sell tickets for people to go there.

As for the Badlands mystery, with the 18th century ship fragment...a few thoughts come to mind. First of all, you can rule out the possibility that they are actually in a future where mankind has long been extinct, and somehow the Earth started all over again with the Dinosaurs, etc. Remember at the start of the series when they look at the moon and they mention that it was much closer to Earth in the past (which is actually true BTW). If they were indeed in the future, the Moon would be even further away rather than closer. Also, the placement of the stars can be used to measure a time reference...so we can 100% believe that they are indeed millions of years in the past.

Now getting back to that 18th century ship...I think that either:

1. the portal may have once been opened from the 18th century, but only from an Ocean location. This would greatly reduce the chances of large numbers of humans visiting since it would be difficult to find the portal in the middle of an Ocean back in the 1800's. This would explain why there was no evidence of humans being there already (the few that made it with their ships would not have survived long without modern weopons to kill predators). Or...

2. The portal in the Badlands is somehow linked to the Bermuda Triangle. Maybe it appears randomly in the Bermuda Triangle (random in both location and year perhaps). If the bad soldiers believed that a portal exist to take them back to the 18th century...then they can go back to the 18th century and rule the world with their superior technology and weopons. For people like them, that would be preferable to staying in Dino land.

Or mayybe I'm thinking too much into this.moreless

thoughts of the future

By soulsyphon333, Dec 20, 2011

i thought the series has been awesome so far and really hope it continues. as far as the last episode i fore see a couple of ideas of what is in the works for the badlands to explain the piece of the ship. First idea is it could be the wormhole is unstable, and has been jumping around from time line to time line. The other is that the wormhole didn't take them back to the past but to the future ... long after man has killed themselves off. As i write this it also makes me consider the Bermuda triangle, with the mystery of how things just seem to disappear there..who knows maybe the things that vanish there pop up when ever Terra Nova. just some ideas to discuss , and is more free thought then anything else.moreless

Spectacular finish to a spectacular series!

By Sportsfan_03, Dec 20, 2011

(this review covers both part 1 and part 2)

Granted, this show has had its weak points, namely the few episodes after the primiere, but I'm starting to think they sucked because they put so much effort into the finale. I am so impressed at how this turned out. It had its action packed moments, its intense moments, and its touching moments, and for one of the few times, this was very well written!

The plot is clear, finally as Lucas and his team of Pheonix plans to gather the resources of the past to basically become rich and as they take the entire colony hostage, Taylor and a few soldiers camp out in the jungle waiting for help. With the inclusion of the entire Shannon family, Skye, Wash, and others, they fight back with a vengeance.

The action was pure awesome, I can't tell you how happy I was when Lucas got the crap beat out of him twice. and the carno at the end was a huge surprise and a great one at that! The special effects weren't as high quality as they could've been, I'd say even lower than the carno that appeared in the first episode, but it's been par with the series.

The touching moments are what almost made this episode. Zoe almost made me cry with her scene, and Wash, without spoiling, she is one heck of a soldier, and a special one at that! Even Josh gets into a few emotional moments, both touching and, oh I'm saying it, beating the snot out of someone!

I can't say much more, I've been dedicated to this series from the beginning, and even through its rough patches thought it was decent...but the finale...I'm speechless! Please renew this series for a second season! They've got a nice springboard for it! 10/10!moreless