That '70s Finale

Episode Reviews (74)

Superb

Farewell "That 70s Show"

By tigerdude22, Jul 04, 2011

I thought that this was an excellent series finale of "That 70s Show". Man, this show has always brought me so many laughs and it ended just like that. The good thing is that this show lasted 8 seasons so I am happy about that. I'm glad that Kelso (Ashton Kutcher) returned to celebrate New Year's Eve with the gang and I'm glad that Eric (Topher Grace) returned at the very end of the episode. Season 8 wasn't my favorite season but it wasn't bad either but I just wish that Kelso (Ashton Kutcher) and Eric (Topher Grace) weren't gon na all Season 8 long. Anyways, it's December 31, 1979 and the gang is getting ready for their last New Year's Eve of the 70s before it hits 1980. The flashbacks from all of the past "That 70s Show" episodes were great such as the flashbacks with Red saying those "I'll put your foot in your @$$" jokes and when Kelso was being punched in the shoulder so many times over the years. The flashbacks with Eric and Donna's relationship together over the past years was also very nice. Kitty telling Hyde to shave off his mustache because he looks like some kind of prostitute was absolutely hilarious. It was also funny when Eric said "Last one upstairs has to call Red "dumb@$$" and Kelso was the last one up there. The ending was also interesting when everyone counted down and then the episode ends. The ending went like this "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" (episode ends). Overall, it is sad to see this show end forever because I love this show so much and it always makes me laugh hard... Farewell "That 70s Show" and you will always be missed by millions of fans including me. 10/10moreless

perfect

By futuramarama, Jun 13, 2011

Kitty does not want to leave Point Place and go to Florida, because of all the friends and family her and Red have. She tries telling him this, and they both agree not to go (because Red does not care where they live, as long as they are together).

Donna is excited for Eric to return, but he misses his flight. She is bummed because she wanted to see him. However, Eric eventually does show up, and they talk, and they even share a kiss.

The gang gather round to The Circle one last time before the New Years'. Eric decides to make it interesting coming up the stairs; whoever is last has to call Red a dumbass (something he has called others consistently throughout the series). Kelso is last, grabs the "Stupid Hat", and the episode, and series, ends.

Good. Not the best finale ever but it was handled pretty well. It had some humorous parts as well as emotional parts, like the talk between Donna and Eric near the end. Overall, satisfying end. A+moreless

This episode is the greatest, yet most hilarious episode to date. There are montages of famous scenes within this episode to make you remember why we all love this show!

By Eddiespice, May 19, 2011

I know most people might think this is not the best episode from the series. And I agree to a certain extent. But this finale is a symbol of what the 70\\\'s really meant! To party and live life to the fullest. Whether it\\\'s climbing water towers and drinking boos, to coming home to meet old friends for one last night. Since Eric and Kelso were absent for most of season 8, they reprise their roles better than ever in this episode from the series. I\\\'m not saying this could possibly be the best episode from the series, but it lives up to all the fan\\\'s expectations of what a real series finale should be all about. I give it a 10 out of 10! Long live the \\\'70s!moreless

it was pretty clever that they brought back eric after 10 minutes, didn\'t give a preview with him in it, and left him uncredited, because it made me wonder if they would bring him back.

By flamemonkey5, May 19, 2011

This episode really made you wonder if you would hear from eric and then he appears, and that was one of the good things about this episode. Another plus had to be that randy was pretty absent from here. this episode would be perfect if they only brought back erics sister and finally say fez\'s name and country. but this episode really felt like one of the classic episode\'s and not one with stripper brides, unfunny fez, or randy.

a very dissapointing final episode. the basic story line to have the gang get together for new years eve and say good bye to the 70s is great...however the rest of it fails miserably.

By jennmark, May 19, 2011

I really felt like the entire 8th season was forced. The fact that Ashton Kutcher was in several episodes softened the blow of this series jumping the shark...which I believe happened when they replaced Lori's character with another actress (a better solution would have been to just leave her out of the story line all together) and then they tried to fill the void of Kelso and Forman with the new Randy character...that just didn't work. Proof of this is that Randy's character is ignored at the end of the final episode...weird. The show just isn't the same without Topher Grace who wasn't in any of season 8's episodes...except for like the last few minutes of this final episode which was a major let down. The closure for Eric and Donna really isn't there, I think it would have been fine either way if they decided to be together or not but it should have been clear one way or the other because its the final episode. Fez and Jackie's relationship wasn't developed well enough for me to accept it, frankly its bizarre that she had relationships with 3 of the 4 main guys. And I thought Ashton Kutcher as Kelso in this episode was a little off...like he forgot how to play the character or something, just not quite on the mark there. Its only noticeable because he is usually brilliant in this role. Sigh...what a shame. This show used to be really awesome. I doubt anyone will buy the final season on DVD cause it totally sucks.moreless

That 70s Show is over im SO sad ive cried like 10 times already it was the greatest show ever created and im so sad to see it end =[ I dont think i can go a day without at least seeing 1 episode thank GOD for re runs and DVDs! what a great show!

By that70sshow, May 19, 2011

That 70s Show is the best show i have seen in my entire life its so funny and theres nothing else to describe its just funny.. the last episode was amazing i loved everything expect that it was sad to see it end where Kitty says how much she loves the kids that was VERY touching and of course made me cry where Red flashes back to the good ol kicks in the ass and where Hyde flashes back to where he punched Kelso i was so happy Kelso came back for one last time to celebrate the new year with the gang and where he jumped off the water tower that was so funny i also liked that Fez and Jackie got together cuz Fez always liked her he deserves it but i loved the scene with Eric and Donna where Donna flashes back to the good times that was very sad too and then for the last minute of the show where they sit in the circle for one last time =[ and then the countdown 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 boom 1980 and then it shows That 70s Show on the license plate omg im so sad!!!! like i said ive cried a lot because that was the best show ever and i know everybody is so sad to see it end .. i hope someday it will come back i loved everything the place everything i especially loved where they hang out in the basement ahhhh man all the good times the laughs everything .. i sure will miss it and i will never NEVER replace this show with anything else because this show really is GREAT and im gonna cry right now i would like to thank everybody that made this show and the characters they have been great for 8 years i just wish it would still go to more seasons the ending is great where they countdown and they have their last circle together it was so sad =[ great show i will miss it and i will never forget this show and one more time i would like to thank all the directors and characters for making this show the best show on EARTH! and once more "Theres this car that runs on water, man"moreless

Great way to end the series...

By CTU81, May 19, 2011

With the dreadful 8th season coming to an end, this episode definitely brightened up things.

The 8th season was pretty lacking. Without Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher, the show didnt really have the same feeling. Randy was a horrible replacement character that just never fit and made fans long for Eric and Kelso even more. The writers did the best they could with the situation. I did like the evolution of Jackie and Fez's relationship.

The finale had good jokes and a great storyline. New Years Eve and the last day of the 70s is the only way this show could have possibly ended. I was very happy to see Michael and Eric come back for this episode, it made it feel like That 70s Show again.

The scene with Eric coming home and talking to Donna was very well done and a great way to wrap up their relationship. I also loved the final scene with everyone in the basement.

Quality writing and laughs = Classic That 70s Showmoreless

The Perfect ending for the Perfect Show

By Big_Papai, May 19, 2011

This was a perfect ending for That 70s Show.

I was SO MAD when Red got home without Eric. I was SO DISAPOINTED that Topher Grace didnt come back. When he go there me and my brother freaked out!

I loved the whole episode. Kitty not moving, Kelso coming back, and "Wheres Laurie?" Lol funyn, this was a great ending

Im still upset they never revieled where Fez was from. But in a way it will give us something to do while the show is gone, think about where Fez was from

As i loved that Hyde used his money on the season tickets, i dont understand. Red became a supervisor and Hyde still payed em?

But still, i was pleased with the finale.moreless

A graet finale...

By OeTvGreat, May 19, 2011

This is a great finale for a great series... Fez and Jackie are finally a happy couple and begin to believe that they are going to have a future together, meanwhile, Kelso finally returns after almost a year of absence and wants to reunite with his friends, there they go out to the water tower where Kelso falls over again, which was really funny... and everyone is expecting the arrival of Eric, especially Donna, to prove she does not loves him, later Red comes telling them that Eric missed his airport, and with that, dissapoints Donna. Eric manages to arrived before the new year, and kisses Donna, and the show ends with the arrival of the 80's. A great episode...moreless

what a great way to end the series....... great series finale!

By critius0, May 19, 2011

wow.... what can i say? eric comes home again from africa.... fez gets hooked up with jackie ..... kelso comes back from being a bouncer for play boy ..... or something like that ....... and hide quits the circle and comes back to it again! too dramtic but ..... who cares! they really shouldnt have cancelled it and all because its a really great show! my gosh ... ive run out of things to say! o well what a great way to end the series....... great series finale! what a great way to end the series....... great series finale! goodbyemoreless

Load More Reviews