Graduation Day

Episode Reviews (18)

Superb

Graduation Day

By TrueTvWatcher, Feb 09, 2011

Graduation Day was a perfect episode of The 4400 because it blended suspensful drama, intrigue, and action with great characters and interesting story lines. It was very cool to finally see Isabelle stand up to Matthew once and for all, as well as using her powers to turn the nova groups abilities on themselves. This is a defining episode for Isabelle. I enjoyed watching her scenes with Tom, especially where she challenges him to use the syringe. This episode is also where Shawn really starts to fear Isabelle's capabilities as does Richard. Isabelle has become a complex and complicated character and I enjoy watching her develop. I look forward to watching the next episode of The 4400!!!!!!!moreless

Isabelle defends Shawn, who's under attack from the Nova Group.

By expatriot, Aug 27, 2007

Interesting storyline.

A member of the Nova Group attacks Shawn and Richard calls NTAC for help. Isabelle is not convinced that is sufficient and decides to go after the Nova Group herself.

It's shown again that Isabelle seems to have no regard for human life, she turns the abilities of the 4400 against themselves and she kills Matthew as well as cause the death of a few other members of the Nova Group.

I really liked the Alana storyline, it finally made her more than just Tom's wife/girlfried, it fleshed out her past and made her into an interesting character, one that you could care about.moreless

Surprisingly good

By fireexit112, Sep 23, 2006

Isabelle: Here I am. The Angel of Death.

When I read what happened in this happened in this episode, I approached it expecting a filler story. But it's much better than that. Alana gets a proper story that explains more about her character, and Shawn is given schizophrenia by a Nova Group member, brilliantly portayed by Patrick Flueger. That, and the continuing "kill Isobelle" plotline makes this gritty and tense episode a welcome addition to The 4400 series.

I can\'t believe Shawn would be that forgiving.

By Serious, Aug 17, 2006

Shawn\'s reaction to what Isabelle had done was unreal. He was driven insane by Daniel Armand. During that insanity he hurt Maia while trying to heal her. He is placed in a mental institution where if not for Isabelle he would have remained forever. the pain of having your very sanity ripped away from you would be terribly frighting. However Shawn response is don\'t kill this man? I\'m sorry but I don\'t buy it.

If a man tortured you for say 3 days straight. he was brutal and unfeeling in his treatment of you. And in the end broke you so utterly that you were crying like an infant. If someone rescued you from this man. Tells that you will never be safe from him. He can come back at anytime and proceed to torture you again. Would you honestly prevent anyone from killing this man? What\'s a night\'s good sleep worth to you. Would you prefer always looking over your shoulder? Never knowning if your world would crumble again?

For this is what Shawn was saying to Isabelle. She told him that Daniel Armand could attack him again. Yet he just wanted to let him go? Armand could zap Shawn again from a prison cell. Tom and Diane are so critical of Isabelle. Yet if it was Maia or Kyle that had been Daniel Armand victim they would have done the same thing or worse. Since without powers their methods would have to be more brutal.

The writers of this show want to make the heroes of the show so above evil or misdeeds that they come off as unbelievable. And like Surface and Invasion this show will probably not see a conclusion.moreless

Isabel A savior or a villian?

By MaxTVAddict77, Jul 25, 2006

Wow. I like where there going with Isabel. She

is in the body of a grown woman but with the

mindset of the terrible twos.

Shw could either be a great help or the end

of the 4400. I guessed the death though, and it proved

that Matthew Ross was an emmisarry if you will

of the other faction of the future But her ability

able to turn the 4400\'s power against them

is one of the most powerfull of them all.

I feel sorry for Shawn because he is in an unintennible

situation. He doesn;t really love her but he might

be the only thing that can keep her from

continuing to go off the deep end.

It should be an interesting seasonmoreless

A really great episode with some defining character moments.

By goblz, Jul 16, 2006

This was a really great episode; it's also the first episode from season three that I've seen. I wasn't disappointed.

A man from the NOVA Group, which I'm a bit unclear about, attacked Shawn with his ability and gave Shawn schizophrenia. Patrick Flueger did a really great job with that; it's hard to pull that off. Shawn sliced his arms and then ended up hurting Maia thinking he was healing her. Richard and NTAC agreed to put him in a psychiatric hospital; Isabelle broke him out and went after a lot of members from the NOVA Group until she found the man; she made him stop hurting Shawn and then she killed the man. Creepy. And Shawn thought so too. Isabelle apparently would do ANYTHING for him, and that's a bit too much for him. He's a nice person and she's really not. Also worth mentioning is that Isabelle killed Matthew when he tried to stop her from going to Shawn.

What I loved most about this episode was the concern that Tom had for Shawn, and the moment they had together after Shawn was better. Excellent. That relationship has been there since the beginning and I'm glad it got recognized. I was really really happy about that.

It would have been nice to have Susan and/or Danny in this episode; shouldn't they have known what happened to Shawn? They're his mother and brother, you'd think Tom would tell them.

Hopefully the rest of season three will be this good!moreless

God or Evil

By SrRui, Jul 15, 2006

This episode Isabelle gets out of Mathew control and manipulation.

Isabelle can’t see the difference between god and evil. She reveals another new power and a strong will of revenge due her feelings for Shawn and the fact he’s sick.

Tom has the mission to kill her, but in the last moment he has doubts, steps away and give more time to see if she’s a danger or nor.

I still have the question how Mathew know Isabelle “destiny” ?

In the end of episode we still don’t know if Isabelle is a savior or is she the angel of death.

moreless

Isabelle needs to take some ethics and psychology classes

By Ebjan, Jul 13, 2006

Isabelle takes control of her life, about time. But can somebody please get her a book on morals and basic psychology? She can swim, drive a car, play the piano and have sex but still does not gasp that giving your father a heart attack because you don't like what he says is wrong. She does not understand emotions.

It is really starting to look like the writers have forgotten some side storylines and are going to focus more on Isabelle, Shawn and Tom from now on. While we do not have the cute-kid or as some people call it the cousin Oliver effect just yet, we do have the cute girl (Isabelle) thing going on.

The NOVA group storyline needs to come to a head quickly. We keep getting hints about the future and the end of the world but without something big and revealing, the show will become more soap-operaish.moreless

I think I saw Jordan Collier on this chapter...

By ipaugust, Jul 13, 2006

I think I saw Jordan Collier on the AA group driven by Driscoll, just when Alana gets into the AA group first time, the camera goes to some guys standing on the first row, a guy who looked a lot with Collier (bearded and with grown hair) is in the middle camera focus for some secs. anyone got that impression too?

Anyway, I think that episode very "creepy" in a sense. Everyone with a deadwish, Isabele, Alana, Tom... Well, all of them had their motivations and such.

By the way, the history is getting deeper and deeper, I hope 4400 do not have a end like Reunion because of a "too deep and complex" history line.

Well, I just believe the plot still have a lot to give due to the misteries it have. Lets hope they develop this as well as it is going by now!moreless

I\\\'m very curious to see what happens to Isabelle next.

By danniisupernova, Jul 13, 2006

They are taking her character in a slightly obvious direction. It seems very Anakin Skywalker to me but hey, whatever. The scenes with Sean going crazy were hard to watch but Isabelle\\\'s revenge on Daneil Armand was SUPREME! \\\"What is it you do again?\\\" I\\\'m just hoping that they don\\\'t go in an overly obvious direction with her character because that\\\'s what I like about this show:the level of originality. On the other hand the story with Alana and Keane Driscoll was very well thought out. It was interesting to see her reaction to his little righteous speech about being a changed man and not thinking about who he had been previously. The consequences for what she did intrigue me. Can\\\'t wait for next week. (I\'m also glad they finally killed Matthew. I hated him!)moreless

Load More Reviews