The Say U.N.C.L.E. Affair

Episode Reviews (1)

Great

Is the best way to re-invigorate a show using an old show as a template?

By FrakkingFrakker, Apr 09, 2007

I suppose this show is more of a homage to "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." than an A-Team episode. What strikes me is why would they do a homage to a show that starred one of the newer cast members? Really, I love Robert Vaughan as much as the next guy, but less than ten episodes in on his stint in this show we need to revisit his old show?

With that said, and having never seen "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." or any of it's subsequent versions, I thought this was a fairly unique episode. Unique is not always good, and the fifth season of a show is both the time to be unique and the time to play it safe. I enjoy David Macullum (even if I spell his name wrong) and I, of course, enjoy Robert Vaughan, so it's nice to see the episode revolve around them. The A-Team gets to do all their usual stuff in the course of the episode, but the framing is a little different, the tone is a little different...the episode is, well, different.

I suppose that's about the best thing that can be said. It's really different, but somehow still the A-Team (or at least fifth season A-Team.)moreless