The Addams Family (1992-93)

Show Reviews (6)

Good
7.4

Over all summary of show - MUST READ

By Jamminjake, Aug 19, 2011

The Addams Family had a third incarnation in 1992 starring the spooky family in an animated series. The program was produced by Hanna-Barbara and had a quick 17 episode run due to low ratings. This was not the studios first failure - or last, but the leading animation company (at that time) did have much other success\\\' i.e The Flintstones, The Jetsons, and newer programs such as Dexter\\\'s Laboratory. Perhaps one of the qualities of this movie was that it had a 90\\\'s feel from animation to music and sound effects. In fact even some lingo of the characters is a little dated. The show may now have gone on to win prestigious awards like the original live action, but it did have a vast line in clothing apparel, etc. The show was one of the only few in its day that did not have some sort of toy, etc to sell. The show did have it\\\'s moments where you could really see this show had potential. In its own right this show was a landmark in that it re-introduced The Addams Family to a whole new generation of viewers. So it may have lasted only 17 episodes, but there are quite a few shows that have gone on the air for years, when towards the end of the shows run it was ended with a muted knock and not a bang. The show is currently re-broadcasted on Cartoon Network\\\'s Boomerang at various times throughout the day.

This is my word, I stand by it.moreless

This animated series is the fourth incarnation of the creepy characters based on the macabre family comics created by Charles Addams. It first came out as a television series in the 1960's. After that other series, follow ups, even a movie followed.

By KAF17, Aug 19, 2011

When I was a kid I use to watch this series all the time It was funny and cool to watch when I had nothing else to watch on television. I sad to see it gone but I glad I was able to see it when I could. Anyway, even though I can not see The Addams Family series from 1992-1993, I glad that it came on when I was able to see it. While for those who was not able to see the series when it was on television, I say try to see it if you are a young child or have kids. Great series and try to see it.moreless

By tmoarapheus06, Apr 13, 2006

The Addams Family never fails to entertain me. i love lost. i think its the best show on tv. the way the creaters tie in the numbers and keep you wondering is amazing. it is really hard for me to wait a whole week for the next episode to air.

Great, funny and and instant Classic.

By gakhandal, Oct 22, 2005

I remember watching this show when I was 7 years old. I loved to watch the original series with my dad and I loved this one as well. I remember watching it everyday it aired and I remember being very upset if I ever missed it.

Like in the original series every character was funny. My favorite episodes were: "Jack and Jill and the Beanstalk", "Dead and Breakfast", and "Beware of Thing". Those episodes were classics and I wish I had them all on video.

In conclusion, this was a great cartoon series. I miss it and I wish it lasted longer.moreless

The Addams Family is a show that pretty much every person has seen - and most, enjoyed - at some point in their lives. I can be included.

By runtome_jess, Jul 28, 2005

I watched this show almost every morning before I went to school in my early elementary and primary years. It provided some good laughs and entertainment while I ate my breakfast. Although I haven't seen it in years, I'm sure I'd still like the show now just, not as much. It was an excellent show when I first watched it. Loved every minute of it and found it quite humorous but now, I think I've outgrown it. Some of the situations are a bit too much for me and the constant trying to be creepy is irritating but, if you can look past that, it is entertaining. I'll probably just change the channel if something else is on.moreless