The Addams Family

Great

Gothic, Dark Show, yeah!

By anastasia1243, Feb 08, 2014

1st ep (09)

thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhis rocks!!!!go the addams family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By smartgirl789, Nov 10, 2010

this show rocks!but i miss it!!!wahhhh!i wish this did not end it!!!!i love this show!!i wish they did not end it.i am sad!!!my favorite charter was Thing!!!!Thing was aways helping the family!i love thing!thing rocks!if they stared the show with the same people i'll be watching there eating popcorn!laghing at Thing because he s funny!wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!toooooo bad they ended it.ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!i love this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanx.i am mad they ended it.............you think it it was gana last longer but it did not!go thing!!!!!!i know who played him!goooo the a.d.d.a.m.s. f.a.i.m.i.l.y!sooooo sorry who love them it ended!me and my mom really love it!it was gone 1960.moreless

Gomez: The ideal dad

By peterh32, Nov 10, 2010

Gomez Addams is my role model. Well, actually I'm nothing like Gomez, but I'd like to try. Maybe I'll go blow up a model train this afternoon. And start raising piranhas, and smoking cigars. But it's not all the accessories that I envy so much as Gomez' boundless and intense enthusiasm for everything. Nothing could upset him; he was just thrilled about everything -- blossom-less roses, explosions in the basement, daughter Wednesday taking up home surgery -- it was all great to the gleaming-eyed Gomez.

'60s television is such a strange place. On the one hand you've got Bewitched, on the other, something like this. The Addams Family was like an island of barbarism in a sea of sitcom domesticity, and I will always appreciate it for that.moreless

They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky, they're all together ooky, The Addams Family. Their house is a museum when people come to see 'em, they really are a screamum, the Addams Family.

By danorviel, Nov 10, 2010

Monsters made fun. Sensually delightful, Gomez and Morticia are madly in love with each other and show more faithfulness towards each other than many more "normal" couples. Culturally sophisticated, the family is learned in the arts of Medicine, Horticulture, Music, Dance, and Art. They practice the fine sport of fencing; support the environment by protecting endangered species such as Lions and Dragons, and who could forget Morticia's carnivorous plants? Uncle Fester conserves electricity by being the family's generator. Mama does the cooking and is also the family physician. Pugsley is the family's demolition expert who may one day discover oil during one of his explosions. Wednesday is the precocious younger child who sees eveything. Then there is darling Lurch, the butler, and Thing the . . . well . . .thing, who pops up in the most unusual places - usually with the mail, or a guest's hat. Of course, there is Cousin It, the walking hair-mound, and Ophelia the golden throated singer. With such a family who could ever be bored? Frightened maybe, terrorized . . . definitely, but never, ever bored! Well worth the effort of finding and watching again!moreless

They may be creepy and kooky - but this show is never ooky.

By Jaykeson, Oct 01, 2010

Very few Black & White shows have ever caught my attention. Growing up in 'the age of color', I can't really stand to watch shows or movies that aren't colorized. People can say "well I'm glad you didn't grow up in my day then" - but that is exactly my point. It's not that I am against watching shows in B&W - I just prefer when they are in color.

However - "The Addams Family" is an exception to that rule. It wouldn't look the same without being in B&W - I believe this is what gives the show it's atmosphere.

Such a dark comedy for it's day. Doom and gloom are what this show is about - but it does it in such a manner that it turns the (usually) somber situations into something hilarious.

It is really no wonder that this show has been a firm favourite for almost 5 decades and spawned a number of movies and spin-offs (including an an animated series of the same name).

Although (for most of us) we can't relate to them - there is still something about them that touches us, while letting us view life from a different perspective.

This show has proven to be ageless - comedy like this is sure to appeal to many people for a long time to come.moreless

a very mysterious spook and kooky show

By cube2k8, May 04, 2010

the addams family avery classic show from the 1960s it takes place in spooky home . which had lots of weird things in it the family was not your avarge family and they were not really accepted by the community people would run when they saw them there was a hand that movied throughout the house and there was a tall guy that was like frankenstien that anwserd the door and fetus was a guy that worked down in the basement and mother mortish was a vampire and father. they had a daughter and son. they wer human. the show was great and it also had a catchy toon to it like all shows back then had. they had classic eps and also had lots of funny momements to the show which made it a classicmoreless

I absolutely love this show!

By Geritte, Jan 01, 2008

Addams family has something special about them - not that they are strange, creepy or so... but they are such a real loving family. Gomez and Morticia is a perfect, loving married couple. And they all are wonderful, kind people who live full life, opposite to some other "normal" people. This show is very well written. Its for everyone - children and adults. But quite a lot of things are for older viewers, not very small children - political themes, for instance... Characters are great. Gomez- impulsive and energetic, always ready to do something new. Morticia - the main word to describe her, would be - elegant. She can be as energetic as Gomez, but in a bit different way - she is more stable and realistic - cool and beautiful. Uncle Fester gives some crazier and creepier component to this family. Lurch is an awesome, original character itself. He has his own "style". This show is unique, funny AND CLEVER - not just another dull comedy.

When you watch them you just want to be a part of their family.moreless

i miss this show

By firetoon12, Oct 05, 2007

i saw this show on nick at nite is so funny show. i watch it when nick line up finish. i loved this show when i was little kid. it about weird family living in one house. mom and dad and 2 kids name Pugsley and Wednesday and other cast in it. i want to see this show to come back on tv again but it will be same thing i saw when i saw a kid. i saw the movie and i love it to. i hope there is remake of it. this show should come back on tv.moreless

The Adams are strange but they are also very weird and fun. If you are crazy you will compleatly love this show!!!

By telapunk, Jun 14, 2007

Their creepy and their cooky mysterious and spooky The Adams Family their house is a museum Isn’t it a scram um... it's neat isn’t it sweet of course it is! The Adams Family!They are all so very strange but who are they realy? just watch and see. beacause when you are watching the Adams family then you are also. Your head will pound your hart will fall because when you see these cooks then you will absolutely just fell weird but in a great way. This is because when you are dealing with the Adams you will watch their weirdness and strangeness.moreless

Load More Reviews