Superb

A great episode,and the beginning of the best season of the series.

By isud12, Apr 10, 2011

It shows the jealousy that Cindy shows to Jimmy. It starts the third,and best season,with a bang.It is alot like all the great game shows that are on modern T.V. today. Like Survivor,Wheel of fortune,Jeopordy,and Who wants to be a millionair! I think it is the forth or fifth best episode of the series,it is great that they have Tim Allen in the episode too. I think it is the third best in the third season,but needs more airtime for it's genius.All loyal JN fans,a "I wish I had seen an episode like this on T.V. episode,in other words,a well writen episode!

isud12moreless

This was the best JN movie

By JNfan93, Apr 10, 2011

I absolutely loved this episode. A giant space rock lands in retroville, and everyone just wants to destroy it. Then Jimmy, being the only smart person in retroville, besides cindy, who was no help, wants to analyze it. It turns out to be an invite to play Intergalactic Showdown, one of the most famous alien game shows. When the entire gang is kidnapped into space, they are forced to play the game, and win, or their home planets will be destroyed.

This episode has a bunch of JC, especially when Jimmy befriends April, an alien from one of the opposing teams- the Gorlocks. Cindy becomes extremely jealous! At the end jimmy and cindy make a friendship contract, and they almost kiss. It was interrupted by another giant space rock, this time being an email from April. Cindy gets really angry at Jimmy and ripps their contract.

Any way this was a great episode. Its wat started my obsession over JN and the JC, (i missed the first airing of LP and didnt get to see it until after WLK aired). This was one of nicks greatest accomplishementsmoreless

Jimmy and the gang solve a message stone, and are taken into space to play a gmaeshow.

By Bountyhunterc28, May 21, 2007

A strange stone crash lands on earth, Jimmy recognizing that stone as a message stone, wants to decode it, and see what the message is.

The gang flow the stone to a military base, where Jimmy finds out that its a riddle, once Jimmy figures it out they are wiped away to space to play a game show called Intergalactic Showdown.

They are pitted against 3 other teams’ needle heads, Gorlocks, and Brains, and the losing teams get their home planets destroyed, while the winning team gets a new car and their planet not blown up.

Tim Allen was perfect for Meldar, and I especially loved when Cindy tried to hide her jealously when Jimmy was flirting with April, especially after the two times they kissed, or as April called the first one the "Gorlocian seal of trust".moreless

Jimmy and the gang are kidnapped into space to play on a gameshow that determines the fate of Earth.

By trm6, Feb 18, 2007

This is one of my favorite episodes ever!!! I don't really care for this show, but this movie was awesome. I didn't care for the beginning part though; it wasn't until after they were introduced into the game that it got good. My favorite scene is towards the end of the movie where Hugh trips over the cord of Jimmy's machine and he accidentally throws his nachos into the portal. Another favorite scene of mine is the very end where Jimmy and Cindy are making a truce and then they almost kiss. Too bad they were interrupted. In all, this movie was really good.moreless

One of the most interesting episodes ever!

By Anmoranalina, Sep 08, 2006

"Win Lose or Kaboom" is one of the most exciting episodes. It's kinda adventure and romance (love triangle between Jimmy Cindy and April). It's a very first time when we meet some of the characters, mostly aliens. One of those aliens was April from Gorlock, who fell in love with Jimmy and kissed him two times (although first time it was only part of the custom for "trust") and Cindy becomes extremely jealous. In this episode we also learn that lima beans from Carl's dream ("I dream of Jimmy") are actually evil aliens. Besides that's the only episode when we see April and they don't show us her again. So, generally I liked the episode, it wasn't boring and I really enjoyed watching it.moreless

Great episode!

By JJGoboy, Jul 26, 2006

This was by far one of the best Jimmy Neutron episodes ever! Cindy is so jealous here! It really brings out the true power of the series and is the start of the 3rd season. Jimmy and Cindy were about to kiss, but that stupid space rock HAD to break it up! The plot was very good and the characters were all in their character. The backgrounds were awesome and the animation was amazing. This episode will continue to episodes that will have alot of Jimmy/Cindy in them. I hope they do, and I hope that they finally confess! Can\'t wait!moreless

This episode is SO "Star Trek"!

By DMn2004404, Jul 02, 2006

This episode has all the flavor of a classic "Star Trek" voyage from the 1960s, with Captain Kirk and the gang. When Jimmy Neutron and company first arrive at the game show, it takes on the atmosphere of Kirk and his men beaming down to a distant planet. The games that are played in this episode are deliciously deadly. It makes you feel like anyone could get killed, just like those Redshirts you see dying all the time on "Trek." How about those Gorlocks? Now THAT'S a WARRIOR RACE! And those alien girls? GrrrrrRRROWWWLLL! Now THERE'S something you don't see every day, unless you watch a lot of "Star Trek"! Then, you have Jimmy kissing a Gorlock girl ("April") -- man, to say that feels like something Captain Kirk would do would be a MAJOR understatement! And to cap it all off, how about that big fight scene at the end? Don't tell ME that hasn't got "Star Trek" written all over it!moreless

Let\'s hope we never have to play Intergalactic Showdown!!

By ajhedberg, Jun 27, 2006

I have to say that this is the best episode of Jimmy Neutron I’ve seen yet. Problem with the hour-long specials is that Nick doesn’t air them that often, which is a shame since this one, and League of Villains, are probably the best episodes of all. Of course, I’ve yet to see League of Villains because of its hour long time slot. Sometimes Nick sets aside a block for two hours of straight Jimmy Neutron, and I hope that they use that time to air these episodes again, or perhaps releasing some of the hour-long mini-movie episodes on DVD sometime.

Win, Lose, and Kaboom brilliantly spoofs many popular games shows such as survivor, Wheel of Fortune, Who wants to be a Millionaire, Fear Factor, Great Race etc. Tim Allen performs as the voice of Meldar the host of the show “Intergalactic Showdown” who has the ability to alter space and time at will, which, as Jimmy points out, there’s just no defense against that.

The show pits team earth (AKA The Jelly Bags) against three other alien races. There are the Needleheads (who bleep about looking like psychotic three limbed pencils), the Brains (who are just that, a brain with eyes and a spinal chord), and the Gorlocks (who appear to be human-like save for the obvious ram horns and large canines).

Some hilarious moments happen when Carl is doomed to eat the alien gut chunks during “Wheel of Consumption,” and Huge warping in to be Jimmy’s life line during the Intergalactic Soap Opera Trivia.

…and of course there’s some sprouting J/C romance as Cindy becomes insanely jealous of April, a Gorlock girl who befriends Jimmy and makes a pact to combine efforts to overthrow Meldar. The pact includes an inspired kiss on the lips, which is the Gorlock seal of trust. Seeing what appears to be an alien chick moving in on her territory, Cindy confronts April and the encounter eventually reduces to fisticuffs. Jimmy’s efforts to stop the two are unsuccessful but big daddy Gorlock simply plucks April from the melee and gives her a verbal reprimand.

At the end Cindy’s friendship contract with Jimmy is in the final stages of being sealed i.e. with a kiss, but that’s all interrupted by the thunderous appearance of April’s warp-mail. April’s video message is typical of the everyday goings on of Gorlock life, but at the end blows Jimmy a kiss as if to say, “Come and visit me on my planet anytime Jimmy baby!” This, of course, riles Cindy further and she hits the “send” button before Jimmy can finish his response.

This is still the best JN episode I’ve seen. I still would like to see League of Villains and I hope Nick will air it again soon.

moreless

Amazing full length episode with a ton of take-offs of game shows and reality TV shows. Tim Allen is great as the voice of the game show host.

By TomTech, Jan 21, 2006

Along with the great entertainment this episode provides, it also is a great teaching tool about team work.

I believe a take-off that most people don't catch on too is the segment when our heros and the needleheads are challenged to approach the cave with the 'horrible beast' in order to retrieve a mushroom. This has got to be a take-off of a 'Monty Pyton And The Holy Grail' scene in which the characters have got to approach a cave with a 'friendly' rabbit and end up getting mauled.

My other favorite is when Bolbi votes himself off the island in the 'Survivor' take-off thinking it's a good thing.moreless

Load More Reviews