The Americans

Show Reviews (78)

Great

Masterpiece

By Borx25, 11 hours ago

The show is just amazing, no need to say anything else. Now answering to a previous review: the "extremely evil characters" its the point , if you have a high sensitivity for that kind of stuff then this show is not for yoy. And i doubt there will be such exodus as walter white was an extremely evil and selfish character but people still loved and loves the show. The main character doesnt have to be a knight in shiny armor saving ladies and puppies for a show to be good.moreless

Divestment

By stephenhill52459615, Mar 21, 2015

Just watched the tire burning scene on the latest episode. With the two main characters constant killing of people and watching this cruel execution I am finding myself wanting the main characters caught, tried and executed for their violent crimes. This show needs to change it's direction or viewers are going to stage a mass exodus and it will be cancelled. I am very serious here. Hard to like them when they are extremely evil people.

Cold War jitters

By omeboy487, Feb 23, 2015

This show has me on the edge of my seat multiple times an episode. Even the so-called "slow" episodes have enough conflict/drama to grab my attention. The family dynamic is also intriguing/tense to say the least. It's not your everyday simple, hackneyed script neither. You're not left rooting for any side in particular because it's a show that delves into the grey area of is right and that is definitely oversimplifying the great writing/acting.

Love it

By jaydale967, Feb 21, 2015

Really like the show keep up the good work don't believe the naysayers below it's a really awesome show good job fx.

I give up on this

By acura9927, Feb 14, 2015

The show has way too many characters to have a big impact. There are countless FBI, Russian, whatever spies now that I have to get a pen and paper to keep track. No good or bad guys, am I suppose to root for Russia or USA. This show has probably got good reviews due to being off the beaten path. The most overrated show on TV.

FX- you killed off " The Bridge" and let this garbage go on! How bad is that.moreless

Good Plot - Extremely Poor Taste!

By Viewer1, Feb 08, 2015

I was not aware of this show until fairly recently, as I pay little if any attention to the FX channel. Though I had not seen any of the first two seasons, I decided to try watching season 3. I found that I could pretty much follow the story and plot despite not having seen what preceded it.

But after two episodes I am "turned off' of this show. Graphic explicit simulated(?) sex scenes in one episode, and showing a woman sitting on a toilet bowl urinating in a second episode, are highly repugnant. Whether the producers/directors/writers were trying for "shock value" or they wanted to show how "liberated' they are from having to observe conventional decency is irrelevant. Those scenes displayed an extreme lack of good taste.

This is a shame because the story is intriguing (no pun intended) and the characters both interesting and well written. It would have been enjoyable to continue watching the show. Instead, I will not bother with it any further and will go back to ignoring the FX channel.moreless

Awesone!

By njbob, Jan 29, 2015

Best show on TV

Decent show for Cold War/spy movie lovers

By notaspy1, Jan 10, 2015

It's not all action and you have to focus on subtitles and terminology (and be somewhat familiar with history) but it's a decent show for those who enjoy spy stuff of the Cold War era. The show puts both sides in perspective; both Americans and Russians are shown as human beings with their own problems and feelings, aside from being brainwashed or manipulated by their governments.

The show actually reminded me of House of Cards.

I tried but I can't

By misonostufato, Dec 17, 2014

I tried a couple of times to watch it. But at episode 5 I gave up. This is so not interesting. The characters are dumb, the plot is boring. I can't see why someone loves it so much.

Disappointing

By Thatstheticket, Jul 06, 2014

This show should have been great. But unlikable characters and shoddily composed story lines have caused it to fall far short of its promising potential. I love a good anti-hero story, but I simply could not bring myself to root for Elizabeth and Philip. Elizabeth, a supposedly brilliant secret agent, is blinded by her own brainwashed upbringing/training to the point of annoyance. She refuses, for instance, to let her daughter go to church camp because "that's how they get indoctrinate them when they're young"-- does she seriously not pause for a moment to contemplate how old SHE was indoctrinated? Really? The story lines are imbued with a darkness reminiscent of a Breaking Bad or Fargo, but without any of the redeeming qualities that would render the show worth watching.moreless

Load More Reviews