Hulu Renews Seth Meyers' The Awesomes for Season 3

By Kaitlin Thomas

Aug 19, 2014

This is Awesomes news! Hulu announced on Tuesday that it has renewed the animated comedy for a third season that will debut in 2015. From Seth Meyers and Mike Shoemaker, the series is currently in its second season and stars Meyers as Prock, the leader of the titular Awesomes, a.k.a. "the greatest superhero team in history." Its members are voiced by the likes of Ike Barinholtz, Bill Hader, Taran Killam, Rashida Jones, Paula Pell, Josh Meyers, Kenan Thompson, and more, and Season 2—which debuted on August 4—has welcomed Meyers' fellow Saturday Night Live alumni Amy Poehler, Will Forte, Maya Rudolph, and Kate McKinnon to the cast. 

Are you excited about this awesome (oh yeah, I went there) renewal?

• Comments (11)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • Joker62002 Oct 07, 2014

Can't wait..

• Kallenprice97 Sep 27, 2014

So, is it a FUNNY comedy? Or, just quirky?

• dashheadlong Aug 19, 2014

This is -- dare I say it -- awesome news! Screw Arrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. or The Flash, The Awesomes is the real best superhero show around.

• WavSlave Aug 19, 2014

Huh, I had no idea it was already in its second season. I guess that's what happens when one completely avoids Hulu. Anyway, good news for its fans. I suspect I might have liked this one.

• Gislef Aug 19, 2014

We do have all of the quotes, recaps, and so on up...

• WavSlave Aug 19, 2014

I certainly appreciate the effort that all that transcription entails but it's no substitute for watching the real thing.

• BAWheeler Oct 10, 2014

Well you can always go to hulu.com and watch it there... They have both seasons up there and you don't need a Hulu Plus account to view them.

• Gislef Oct 11, 2014

If you can get Hulu to work. :( Every time I try to use it, I get pauses, weird screen glitches that force me to reload the page (and the advertising).

• Gislef Aug 19, 2014

Quite true, especially for a comedy. Police Squad, for instance, doesn't really capture the visual humor and dialogue.

But hopefully the quotes would give you some indication of the type of humor involved, and then you can always read a recap and see if the plotting is of interest to you.

• WavSlave Aug 19, 2014

Heh, I bought the Police Squad! (In Color) DVD the day it was released. There was no way I wasn't going to own that. :-)

• Gislef Aug 19, 2014

I'd be even more excited if TV. com would list the last two episoides... ;)