The Batman

Show Reviews (228)

What I Like And Dislike About The Batman

By sportacusgirl, Apr 26, 2015

Likes: Bruce Wayne/The Batman is the most sexiest animated Bruce Wayne/Batman of them all. My favorite version of Batgirl. Bruce shirtless in the third episode of season 3. Rino Romano does a much better job as Bruce Wayne/The Batman than Kevin Conroy did. No offence to all the Kevin Conroy/Batman fans.

Dislikes: Catwoman/Selina Kyle. I wish they didn't bring her in. The main reason is because I didn't like that she was constantly flirting with The Batman. It always made me sick when she was flirting with The Batman. She may have had feelings for him but he didn't seem to have feelings for her. She is most definitely not his type. In fact none of the girls in Gotham are his type.

Other then the fact that I dislike Catwoman/Selina Kyle and all the girls that seem to flirt with Bruce Wayne/The Batman this is my all-time favorite Batman series. In fact it is my number 1 favorite. I have all 5 season and the movie The Batman vs Dracula. I watch one disc a day at 6:30pm.moreless

Of all bad superhero shows, this is not one. It deserves better

By imaadshahrukh, Mar 05, 2015

This series has been called stupid, bad and mediocre by fans who have hypocrite views on superhero TV. The Batman is a much better show than any that came. It may not be as good as Batman TAS, but that does not mean it is bad. Shows like X-Men Evolution butchered the characters from the comics by reducing them to teens and yet people were in love with it. The new live-action TV series Gotham got a lot of things wrong and people are in love with it, especially its Penguin, which shares nothing in common with the original except name. The Batman made things cooler than any other version. It is not stupid. It is a different version. Batman here has much cooler gadgets and uses his detective and inventive skills. we don't get to see him do it much on the Nolan movies, yet people love it. This series is not like Joel Schumacher. It is not campy and is quite dark as the series progresses. The villains are much cooler. Joker is actually as insane as Jack Nicholson in the 1989 movie. Mr Freeze may lack the tragic origin story, but at least there are no ice puns. He even shoots ice directly from his hands, which is totally badass. He has a personality just as serious. Penguin is cooler. It is sad that this Penguin is a true-to-the comics prequel version and people hate it. Gotham changed Penguin to an extent that he is totally different, sharing nothing in common except name, kinda like Deadpool in X-Men Origins Wolverine. This penguin is an angry heir to a fortune establishing himself. Riddler is way serious and is even more intelligent than other version. Among the Bat-family, Batgirl is like a less campy version of the 60s one. Robin is way cool and just like the one in Teen Titans. He even serves as a younger brother figure to Batman. Commissioner Gordon may not appear at first, but why bother. The first 2 seasons are Batman early years and Gordon didn't become allied with him till later on. He appears from season three onward. Alfred has a much better role as being a father figure and and a personal medic. He is the exact same as other versions(excluding Beware the Batman). Lucius Fox is just like his comic counterpart and is just a big ally as in Batman Begins. Two-face, Ra's al Ghul, Scarecrow and Mad Hatter may not appear because they were already being used in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Joker did because he is an important Batman villain. This series also uses obscure villains in a better way than the new Beware the Batman, by using them alongside classic villains. Season 5 was the best because of the appearance of other members of the Justice League. It may be different, but why bother. DCAU Justice League had used Hawkgirl instead of Aquaman. Of all Batman shows, this is no 2, below DCAU and above Brave and the Bold.moreless

I totally remembered it

By bautistakenrick856, Sep 20, 2014

It was really cool.

This show brings back memories!

By Adesthetvman, Apr 16, 2014

Man, I miss this show! this show had everything a batman fan could wan, all seasons were truly amazing. Season 1-2 had that amazing intro and season 5 with the team ups from the justice league! I give this show an infinity!

the batman

By anirudhc, Aug 31, 2013

This is #4 in my 'Top 10 Batman series is a mix of drama,action and has well-choreographed actions,well-written dialogues and stories,and also it is more realistic comparing with other cartoons(I mean,Batman is a good entertainer and what Bruce Wayne learns from his life is a longlasting impression for kids.

After this, came the dumb batman shows.

By ScottMartinez, Oct 02, 2012

Not as good as Batman: the animated series, but its a really good version anyways on its own. Some things about the show are a little weird and Im not the biggest fan of the theme song, but this series is so fun to watch and I really enjoyed it. :)

Under appreciated. Seriously, after a shaky start, this Batman is shaping into a classic piece. It might not have the darkness as the previous ones, but its getting there and that makes it exciting to watch.

By fawsal, Jan 12, 2012

Following the mood and the theme of the early career for Bruce Wayne as The Batman... I'm finding the noir humor, the grimness of gotham and the slowly but surely The Batman getting darker, a quite realistic journey.

I really feel that earlier detractors re-examine this series, and give it a chance for it to grow into an even better adaptation for the dark knight.

The shows a classic batman show. Its about him when he's slightly younger.

By all5am4rejects, Aug 23, 2011

I just love this show. It is my second favorite show(my favorite at the moment is teen titans, with spider man coming in third)and for good reason. For one it is a super hero show. I really love super heroes and if i could i would love to be one. And second, it is about Batman. Batman has been my hero and idol since i was five years old. Because of that I'm practically addicted to this show, the only time it is on though is at 11:30 so i have to stay up, totally worth it for me though.moreless

absolutely worthless

By 0pl, Aug 23, 2011

as the first real new batman show ( batman beyond is technically a continuation) this show fails to impress and whilei may be jumping the gun on this one since ive seen only a few episodes but if thats any indication then by all means this show sucks.First of all for me it seems that all the characters are just plain out of character. Sure we all know that joker is this super freaky crazed killer but do they have to make him look so ridiculous?? i think not. I couldnt even describe this show, it seems so fast like noting really happens in those 27 minuets. example: joker, penguin, and riddler start fighting over the city. Batman comes into the play he stops him and the city is saved!! and no that's not a summary, that's the entire episode....overall just skip it, if you need you daily fix of superhero go watch the origional batman the animated seriesmoreless

Load More Reviews