The Jiminy Conjecture

Good
7.7

Ladybugs

By AriSky, Nov 29, 2013

I really want to see Crawly show up again in the future - that was a great appearance. The whole bet over and search for the cricket was really the driving force behind this episode, as the Leonard/Penny troubles are ones that move slower than a glacier (and that's okay, because that's how relationships work). It wasn't the best episode, but it was better than the premiere, so we're going somewhere.

I was going give this a 8.5 but because of the search for the cricket it has a 9. It had me in stitches.

By Chuck_Off, Sep 22, 2011

Sheldon and Howard wager comic books over a cricket's species. Meanwhile, a less-than-perfect romantic night agonizes Leonard and Penny. The season has started very well, the first episode but this episode was better mainly becuase of Toby the cricket. Sheldon, Howard and Raj where really funny when they searched for the cricket, it was good to see the lift used for something in a episode and the part where Sheldon was proven wrong was Hilarious. Another strong episode of the season, cant wait to see what happens next week. I have to say I was dissapointed with the Penny and Leonard storyline in this episode.moreless

By Canogaparkcindy, Jan 04, 2011

So can we talk about how much better this episode was than the season premiere? The cleverness of the show is back, and I just loved this episode. We got a great follow up to Penny & Leonard sleeping together. I really didn't think I'd like these two together, but here they were quite funny. Time will only tell if their relationship will ruin the chemistry of the show. Seeing them drunk was absolutely hilarious, and the end was great too.

The group obsessing over identifying a cricket was also very funny even though some of the humor was a tad over the top, it was still a funny original story line. And we all know that Sheldon stole the show here in this story line. Interested to see how the rest of the season will play out. Big Bang has made their comeback, and I loved it.moreless

Sheldon decides that Penny and Leonard should be just friends.

By vman85, Nov 12, 2009

Sheldon suggests to Penny that she and Leonard can go back to just being friends, she talks to Leonard and right when everything is about to crash and burn, they start kissing once again.

Sheldon v Howard on the other hand was the highlight of the episode, it was all about an insect cricket Sheldon knows it's a snowy tree cricket while Howard believes is a just a field cricket. So who's right? They search through some books but to no avail so they go ask Dr. Crowley who indentifies it as a field cricket, this doesn't go down too well with Sheldon as he thinks he always right.moreless

better every episode

By efc91, Oct 27, 2009

They´re back!

By kittagp, Oct 01, 2009

Ow. I thought I would start getting disappointed with one of my favorite shows but, after a season premiere that I wasn´t that much in love with, TBBT got hold of my heart again. In this episode I thought the Penny/Leonard "awckwardness" was much more believable. And now I understand they being in love and yet having too much expectations,finding themselves weird about intercouse... Funny. Good laughs. Good interactions. Good Sheldom being naive about proper rules of communication. This does not seem to get old to me. This character is really fascinating over and over again.

I´m kind of accepting Howard as a less discusting character and this probably is because by now we have grown found of him. Yes! I´m ready for a seaon that will be magnifique. I bet it.moreless

Ok, had some funny moments..

By sequoa84, Sep 30, 2009

The episode kicked off in a pretty good way with Leonard relating his sub par sexual experience with Penny to his friends. I laughed my guts out on hearing Sheldon's scientific jargon filled version of getting an erection, and a guilty chuckle following that.

When most episode predominantly deal with storylines involving Sheldon and Penny. This one dealt with a new combination involving Sheldon, Koothrapali, and Wolowitz. Koothrapali seems to be getting more lines and is definitely on roll. And I wish this Leonard-Penny relationship comes to an end. That way, we can get back some good old Penny-Sheldon conversations.moreless

Howard and Sheldon bet expensive comics on the kind of cricket they found after a lengthy search in the building. Penny and Leonard worry about their chemistry together to the point they make themselves sick. Lewis Black makes a funny cameo.

By jyarter, Sep 29, 2009

Another winner from The Big Bang Theory. The metaphors for comics and the relationship between Leonard and Penny are great fodder for this weeks episode. ***** Major Spoiler Alert ***** Sheldon makes at least one mistake and maybe two!?! The world must be coming to an end. Sheldon's' work is flawed the first week and he didn't know what he was talking about the second.

These guys are very funny together. As Leonard is spending much of his time with Penny, Howard and Rajesh are spending time with Sheldon. The scene where they are looking for the cricket is very funny. Especially when they leave Sheldon down the elevator shaft. Lewis Black is his usual funny self playing a cameo as Professor Crawley the Entomologist who's lost his research grant.

Penny and Leonard are working on their chemistry and end up getting bombed on wine and peppermint schnapps. A great combination. I think just about anyone would get sick on that. The look on Penny's face and then on Leonard's was hilarious. Of course they were back at it by the end of the show. They really just seem to work together. Also it creates chaos for Sheldon and I am all for anything that creates chaos for Sheldon.

Good second episode and a very entertaining episode. Thanks for reading...moreless