The Vacation Solution

Episode Reviews (4)

Good
7.4

Sheldon is forced to use his vacation time and Bernadette's father wants her to make Howard sign a pre-nup

By tigerdude22, Feb 16, 2012

Forced to use his vacation time, Sheldon dabbles in biology in Amy's lab. Bernadette reveals to the girls that her father wants her to make Howard sign a pre-nup. I thought that this was a good episode of "The Big Bang Theory". I like this episode but it was lacking the execution and the whole premise of both storylines. Both storylines in this episode were good/decent/average. The episode was getting boring after a while in both plots and Bernadette continues to annoy me in this episode. I really can't see how Howard loves Bernadette but oh well, "Love is blind" so yeah. There were some parts that cracked me up though but I can't remember them at this moment. I did get some very good laughs. Humor-wise, it was superb.... plot-wise, it was just good/decent/average. Overall, this was a good episode of "The Big Bang Theory" but it could have been better though. 7.5/10moreless

Again, the writers lack courage!!!

By mnementh01, Feb 13, 2012

This was a good episode of Big Bang yet again but with the writers still seemingly incapable of getting Sheldon's blatant personality issues into some form of resolution.

Once again, the writers had a perfect opportunity to get some Humanity into Sheldon's persona but dropped the ball, yet again.

***Spoiler zone!***

To be honest, I thought the program intro was pretty much pathetic, Sheldon's helpless laughter at his own "gag"did nothing for me at all and seemed very forced.

However, the episode stepped up brilliantly when Sheldon decided to "vacation" in Amy's lab and for all his assumed brilliance was shown to be very amateurish in a field of science he regarded as "minor", compared to Physics.

Amy's annoyance at Sheldon's disregard was spot on and basically brought him down to Earth big time but here is where the writers dropped the ball.

Jim Parson's pratt fall (as it's called over here) was magnificent and only the 2nd version in the Cheesecake Factory topped the laugh factor.

I have to say, however, that in Howard's place, I too would have told Bernadette where to stick her Pre-Nup. Anything else would be to admit his career/job was of no import".

Completely unacceptable, in my view.

I loved the Amy/Sheldon interaction when he had to show some contrition in her lab but this was where the writers lost it.

A perfect opportunity given that Amy has gradually come out of her shell under the influence of Penny and Bernadette to "count coup" was utterly missed.

As an example, after Sheldon had been forced to make a sincere apology to Amy, I would have loved it if she had simply stepped up to him and said "Kiss Me".

I can imagine Sheldon's head going sideways, unable to process the request but caving as he would be screwed, otherwise.

C'mon writers, the series has to progress!

Get it done!!!

A decent rating because it was pretty funny but it could have been sooooo much more.moreless

it's becoming predictable

By nnvvaa, Feb 11, 2012

TBBT is becoming a bit predictable... although the jokes in this episode were better than in previous ones, the characters have become too much themselves. Leonard self-defeating attitude united with his somehow angry response to many things imply either the character is running out of gas or the actor is tired... the physics and science jokes have evaporated and even if people didn't understand them they were a part of the story before. Anyway, the series is not bad yet but is not shinny anymore.moreless

Another episode exploiting Sheldon

By RoshanGeorge, Feb 10, 2012

Sheldon is forced to take a vacation..

A fun episode about Sheldon's personality...Theres nothing new ,but the jokes were better than previous ones..Although the Howard subplot could have been longer ,it was wrapped up too quickly..The writers must give a chance to other characters rather than go the easy way and show Sheldon's neurotic behaviors...