NBC Announces Fall 2014 Premiere Dates for The Blacklist, Parenthood, Constantine, and More

By Kaitlin Thomas

Jun 02, 2014

NBC came in first in the ratings for the 2013-2014 TV season, and apparently it's getting all sorts of greedy, because now the network wants to be first in everything! The summer TV season has barely even begun, but the network has already announced its fall premiere dates. Like, come on, NBC! Sometimes all we want to do is find out what happened to a certain naked vampire on a mountaintops! Sometimes all we want to do is hang out with teenage werewolves and their friends! Sometimes all we want to do is watch pretty little lying liars tell lies! 

But since NBC is apparently intent on looking ahead to September, let's go ahead and discuss what to expect from the network this fall.

Sunday Night Football will kick off the Peacock's fall schedule on Thursday, September 4 when Green Bay takes on Seattle, but the non-athletic portion of NBC's fall lineup doesn't debut until the following Sunday when The Biggest Loser premieres at a special time on September 11. The weight-loss reality series will move to its regularly scheduled time period of Thursdays at 8pm on October 2.

The majority of the network's fall shows will bow during the traditional late-September Premiere Week, starting Monday, September 22 with the return of the powerful duo of The Voice and The BlacklistYou'll want to be sure you've got your DVR cleared out by then, because The Voice will air four hours of programming on two consecutive nights before its regular time period premiere on October 14. 

The hardworking men and women of Chicago Fire and Chicago P.D. will hit the streets on Tuesday, September 23 and Wednesday, September 24, respectively; the latter will be paired with brand-new Debra Messing cop drama The Mysteries of Laura. Then on Thursday, September 25, the members of the Braverman family will begin saying their probably sad, probably loud goodbyes Parenthood returns for its sixth and final season. 

NBC is holding its comedies until October (or, if you're Parks and Recreation, until midseason), when the Kate Walsh-starring Bad Judge and the romantic comedy A to Z debut on Thursday, October 2. The Ken Marino/Casey Wilson comedy Marry Me will lead in to About a Boy on Tuesday, October 14. And bringing up the rear are Grimm and new comic-book adaptation Constantine on Friday, October 24, and the Katherine Heigl-starring State of Affairs on Monday, November 17. Note that when State of Affairs debuts on Mondays, The Blacklist will go on hiatus until February, when it's scheduled to move to Thursdays. 

Now, here's the entire thing in a handy, easy-to-read schedule.

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 4

8-11pm: Sunday Night Football (Green Bay at Seattle)

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 7

7-8:20pm: Football Night in America

8:20-11:30pm: Sunday Night Football (Indianapolis at Denver)

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 11

8-10pm: The Biggest Loser 

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 22

8-10pm The Voice

10pm: The Blacklist

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23

8-10pm The Voice

10pm: Chicago Fire

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24

8pm: The Mysteries of Laura

9pm: Law & Order: SVU 

10pm: Chicago P.D.

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 25

10pm: Parenthood

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 26

9-11pm Dateline NBC

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 2

8pm: The Biggest Loser (Time period premiere)

9pm: Bad Judge

9:30pm: A to Z

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14

8pm: The Voice (Time period premiere)

9pm: Marry Me

9:30pm: About a Boy

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 24

8pm: Dateline NBC (Time period premiere)

9pm: Grimm

10pm: Constantine

MONDAY NOVEMBER 17

10pm State of Affairs

Fall TV Preview:
New Shows, Network Schedules, Trailers, and More

• Comments (19)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • lillasmallz Jun 05, 2014

Looking forward to state of affairs and maybe constantine. I'll pass on everything else.

• ToddMurray Jun 03, 2014

Without the Summer Olympics, they will go back to being 3rd or 4th (and sometimes 5th, behind Univision).

• Writerpatrick Jun 03, 2014

The Mysteries of Laura is a good title for a show, although it reminds me of The Eyes of Laura Mars.

• dh4645 Jun 03, 2014

wow, i watch ZERO of those shows. i'll watch football when the Eagles play, so i won't be watching NBC for a while. Looks like Eagles play Giants on 10/12

• Togana Jun 03, 2014

The only shows that look interesting on that line up for me is Grimm and MAYBE, MAYBE Constantine.

• Geek_Queen Jun 03, 2014

As far as the returning shows go, I'm the most excited for Grimm. I hate that I have to wait until October for the new season but I sort of understand their whole "let's-wait-until-closer-to-Halloween" tactic. As far as the new shows go, I'll probably check out The Mysteries of Laura, since I'm a fan of cop/detective shows.

• modernfamily120 Jun 03, 2014

I hope that The Middle doesn't premiere the same week as Mysteries of Laura. If it does, Laura gets watched online the next day. And that is a strangely late premiere for the Tuesday comedies.

• DesolaKazeem Jun 03, 2014

I thought the lineup last year was bad but this is much worse. All the reality shows and procedurals are just an eyesore. There's nothing I might like to watch- Marry Me, A to Z (which I worry is going to be DOA) and Constantine- until October.
    I'll just wait till 2015 for Hannibal.

• DesolaKazeem Jun 03, 2014

*doa in terms of ratings. The show itself looks adorable.
    Oh, and there's parenthood

• niedermayer27 Jun 03, 2014

Why would NBC put The Blacklist on "hiatus" for so long? Have they not learned from past mistakes?

• Muderboy Jun 03, 2014

Surely you jest, because network TV is the slowest lerner in the universe.

• TVanimal Jun 02, 2014

The Blacklist, Grimm and Constantine for me. all I'm hoping for is that they give Constantine a shot as it does look pretty good.

• See More Comments (6)