Bron / Broen Season Two Came Back With a Bang

By Kerkesh

Nov 15, 2013

Bron Season Two began airing in Scandinavia on September 22, 2013 and we are already on episode eight of the ten episodes of this season. Again, we begin with a geopolitical motive to wind down to that of a personal crime as in the first season. The leading characters are here better defined and have a wider scope. Saga (Sonja in the US version) is always as driven and blunt, but attempts to become more social. Martin ( Marco) has come to terms with losing his son in a typical Scandinavian humanity, which frankly is very foreign to me, yet admirable.

Without spoilers, we can still say that the elaborate motive is this time involved with medicine, the release of a virus and touches also animal rights. What is more dynamic this time around is that the subplots are well merged with the main plot and we constantly see subplots emerge and resolve while the main plot is still at work.this gives the series a dynamic that is truly breathtaking and exhilarating. An added sophistication is that emerging and resolved subplots both announce the next subplots, but also add to the understanding of the main story.

We still have two more episodes to finish the series, but chances are that we are still open to new surprises.

• Comments (29)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • damir-f Jan 08, 2014

Yes, it definitely deserves few more seasones, it's just briliant. I love the characters, especially how they evolved in season 2.
    Weird finish, but not entirely unexpected... They are all human after all ;)

• medeima Jul 17, 2014

How can one find out if there will be another season?

• damir-f Aug 10, 2014

There will be another season, Saga Norén is back but Martin Rohde won't be there anymore... The guy who played him (Kim Bodnia) didn't like how his character evolved in third season so he decided to quit the show... So Sara is getting few new colleagues for third season.

They'll start making the show in September and it will have a premiere in autumn 2015.

• nycmikewp Jan 07, 2014

Just finished season 2. All I can say is, absolutely BRUTAL!!!

• left4dead Jan 05, 2014

Bridge Season two- as way say here in Bonnie Scotland- 100% feckin' mental. And yes, I can follow the language!

• erinbo Nov 24, 2013

Wow, Season 2 is better than Season 1. I wasn't sure how they would do it, but they did. Does anyone know if there is going to be a third series?

• Kerkesh Nov 25, 2013

Well, the season just finished and it was something else.It is too soon to say for a third season, but i think in view of the greatness of this season that the answer is yes.

• Kerkesh Nov 16, 2013

Well, in an unrelated topic, I was just commenting to current regarding another Danish TV series Those Who Kill (Den som dræber) see below. I thought to check on wikipedia and it seems that a US version has been greenlit by A&E; channel, which began filming in Pittsburgh on April 2013. The main leads will be Chloë Sevigny and James D'Arcy. So more Scandinavian thrillers for the English speaking people to come as of 2014.

• mude Nov 16, 2013

Season 2 has been incredible so far, lots of improvements all around. I can never get enough of the banter between Saga & Martin, always leaves me with a smile:-)

• Syrinx2 Nov 16, 2013

Great to hear we get some views outside the two bridged nations!
    Should really make a trio community out of the triple airing of this set-up.

Or at least give Broen II Bron a community of its own.

Feels awkward every time I post about Bron in The Bridge community.
    Like trespassing...

Peace!

• patsully Nov 16, 2013

While, they don't have many followers yet, we created a few different Topic Communities for International TV that you might want to use! We can promote posts from them to the homepage just as we can from Show-based Communities.

- International TV (check out the logo!)
    - British TV
    - Australian TV
    - Canadian TV

• Syrinx2 Nov 16, 2013

Yup, I just added 400 communities to my list. (No joke.)
    I wanted to see what happens - everywhere - in my feed. Noticed that logo and started write a post on a number of shows to hit it with.

I will be using some of the topics for sure,
    Been using the Sci-Fi and the TV-show devs.

Works great!

• current Nov 16, 2013

I'm excited for S2 to hit BBC4. Just started re watching S1 and I am reminded how much better and delicate the writing is compared to the US version in particular.
    The UK version of The Tunnel is getting to where it needs to be now to really catch the viewer. It's quite an odd thing, when you think about it, to have a show (3 now!) with an intriguing start followed by a few ep's which lull and require viewer patience for a greater reward later on. Current times have seen ever more impatient viewers and I'm assuming that's why these shows suffer by some.
    The interconnectivity which you speak of Kerkesh, was always so important for the original and it's a relief to hear it remains strong/er for season 2. I did give Borgen a go (seen that?), a Danish political drama about a woman's rise to power but found it a bit dry at times. Although, it's now starting a third run so may DVR for later.
    Well done for starting another Bridge offering Kerkesh:)

• Kerkesh Nov 16, 2013

Thank you for the kind words,current.
    I am watching Brogen season 3 on ARTE TV ( the Franco-German channel) and love it. They are also showing the six episodes of another Scandinavian masterpiece, Those Who Kill (Den som dræber), a Danish thriller series which aired on October 2011 in Danmark and February 23 2012 on ITV4. The actress, Lisa Bach ( a descandant of the great Sebastian) is vey compelling and awesome in it, especially the pilot.
    This is one of the great technological wonders of having a great satellite coverage.

• Kerkesh Nov 16, 2013

Laura Bach, sorry.

• current Nov 16, 2013

You mean Borgen mate!
    Yeah I saw Those Who Kill back when it aired first time. There was talk of it having a second series (sans Jakob Cedergren I'm assuming!) but nothing since. It has some good moments for sure - particularly the barn scenes.

• resloosley Mar 15, 2014

You wouldn't be an Aussie by any chance I suppose Current? ;-)

• MontseBagaria Nov 16, 2013

I'm a huge fan of this show!!!
    I'm watching the second season, and it's even better than the 1st... You should watch it!!!!
    I totally agree, the main characters are more defined and I like the new ones, We know more about Saga and her backstory (not much I'm afraid) and we saw how Martin is dealing with his recent lost son and the man who killed him
    SPOILER
    Really?? Martin goes to visit him at prison... trying to make him feel guilty? I'm sorry but I don't buy it!! I'm more the kind of Revenge girl!!!
    The new plot is really interesting, a radical group fighting for animals rights, against pharmaceutical/laboratories power, etc... killing people in order to be listened!
    Or tha's what they want make us believe... Because I think that we'll have a final surprise!!!
    I'm waiting for the final episodes!!!!
    (sorry for my english...I'm catalan)

• Kerkesh Nov 16, 2013

Well, I did not want to add any spoilers, but that's alright with me. If you have seen episode eight you will get why Martin was visiting him in prison, and I thought his explanation very wise.
    I also liked the new plot and its twists and I am in pain that I cannot share this with others as it would spoil their pleasure in seeing it propably soon on BBC 4, from what I understand.

And sorry for the spoiler... :(((

• Kerkesh Nov 16, 2013

Please don't feel bad. But we must curb our enthusiasm so that when the English version goes out it will have a maximum version.But you ( and others) can still message me personally and we can chat about it. It will be our secret. :))

• Kerkesh Nov 16, 2013

maximum audience,sorry. My mind is elsewhere.

I understand why is he doing what he's doing... and that's admirable... but my guts tell that I'll not be capable of it!!!!

• Kerkesh Nov 16, 2013

I totally agree. I would not be able to do so either. It takes a lot of courage to do what he has done to turn the other cheek, which makes him a real Christian. Oups, another spoiler, my bad ;)