The Ed Sullivan Show

Show Reviews (11)

Great

One of the greatest shows ever on the tube.

By JimC39, Aug 17, 2015

Ed Sullivan was king back in the 50's and early 60's, he actually made or broke acts. We never missed watching this fantastic show.

The Boys of Wexford

By moll34, Jun 14, 2013

I am looking for footage of season 18 episode 9 of The Ed Sullivan Show where i appeared as part of a choir from Wexford Ireland.

I cannot find footage anywhere and the choir did appear.

We were listed as The Boys of Wexford.

The Choir are reuniting for the Homecoming Celebrations in New Ross Co. Wexford on June 22nd 2013

One of the best variety shows ever!

By GemaInterian, Sep 28, 2011

The Ed Sullivan Show is one of the best (if not the best) variety shows of all time. From 1948 to 1971 it showcased the greatest acts of its era - from The Beatles to Elvis to The Rolling Stones to comedians like Joan Rivers, Richard Pryor and Rodney Dangerfield. No television show today can compare with its breadth of talent and historical relevance.

One of the Best Shows Ever!

By josh4prez, Jun 12, 2009

The Ed Sullivan Show undoubtedly ranks as one of the best shows ever. No one had a better eye for talent than Ed. I am so happy to see that some of the classic videos have been added to TV.com.

I am always astounded by the broad range of incredible talent Ed brought to his Broadway stage between 1948 and 1971. Over 10,000 performers and celebrities appeared on his stage including the most spectacular ensemble of stars from the worlds of entertainment, sports, and politics. My favorite performers were:

- James Brown

- The Beatles

- The Doors

- Elvis

- The Young Rascals

- Rodney Dangerfield

- George Carlin

It is certainly the greatest variety show in the history of television. I just hope TV.com adds more videos from this show!moreless

Almost everybody who was somebody, made it on The Ed Sullivan Show.

By mapledrum99, May 22, 2008

Mainly from the 1950s, 1960s, and early 70s. If you were somebody chances were you'd be on Ed Sullivan, and if you weren't "Somebody" world known, you sure were after Ed Sullivan Show. Whether a comedian, a singer, a band, plate spinner, animal trainer, or whomever, word spread about it the next day. In the mid 1950s to the late 1960s, he had almost every popular rock band, R&B band or pop singer, there was.

Of course Elvis, Buddy Holley, The Beatles,

the Rolling Stones, the Temptations, the Supremes

and many others benefitted from that.

The countless comedians, comedy teams and much more.

There was no other variety show like The Ed Sullivan Show.moreless

A great variety show with somehing for everyone. Fantastic!

By john_lennon66, Nov 25, 2006

The Ed Sullivan Show is one of the best shows of all time. Even though it was way before my time I still love it. Not only is it the best variety show of all time hands down it is just great. It had something for everyone. Ed had some of the gratest talent of all time on his show, The Beatles, The Stones, The Mamas and The Papas, Elvis, Alan and Rossi, Soupy Sales, amazing acrobats everything. THe show is one of my favourite and when they were running reruns I watched it everyday ad so did lots of my freinds. One word can describe this show Perfect. So as Ed would say it's "A really great show for you tonight." What better thing to do on a Sunday afternoon.moreless

If you made it in Sullivan, you hit it big!

By JPPT1974, Aug 16, 2006

If you hit it in Ed Sullivan, then you made it big and that acts like the Beatles and Elvis made their tv debuts and became the most popular singer and group respectedly of all time. Despite having no sense of humor nor being comfortable on tv, that didn't matter for Sullivan.

Those acts would become some of the biggest stars of all time!

Variety show hosted by Ed Sullivan. This show was prominent in launching several music and acting careers.

By vicmackey31, Apr 12, 2006

Ed Sullivan was a great talent scout for television beginning in the late 40's. He truly had a variety show with acts ranging from singers to acrobats, from comedians to actors and from circus acts to dancers.

The show was groundbreaking in the discovery and showcasing of rock 'n' roll acts. It was among the first to show such acts as Elvis Presley, The Beatle and The Rolling Stones. Several of the acts had to change their lyrics of performance styles to be allowed to perform. Mick Jager could be seen rolling his eyes as he sang "let's spend some time together" rather than "lets spend the night together."moreless

Miss ya, Ed.

By crazyrhythm, Sep 25, 2005

This was the Big Daddy of all the variety shows. To appear on Ed Sullivan really meant something in those days. Ed had an act for everyone in the family. Singers, comedians, ballerinas, jugglars, Broadway show casts, animal acts, singing nuns, plate-spinners (don't ask)-all thrown together for your viewing pleasure. It was a big deal when your parents finally let you stay up to watch The Ed Sullivan Show because, after all, Sunday was a school night. Ed's apparent lack of a personality was a plus; the show was all about who was appearing that week. The Ed Sullivan show went off the air in 1971, a victim of changing times.moreless

Load More Reviews